• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Wimbledon 2016

You get the feeling that Raonic will be happy that it's gone to a 5th set, he's the man really on form.

You get the feeling that Raonic will be happy that it's gone to a 5th set, he's the man really on form.
Dunno, Andy has been playing some fucking incredible tennis.

He's played a LOT of tennis in the run up to Wimbledon though, I wonder if that will takes it toll eventually.

2 sets all... Murray will need to sit back down ha ha.
This isn't Federer at 100%.
He stated that he was expecting qf at best.
Murray should be more worried about Roanic.
Can't see Federer beating Murray.

Oh for sure, it's all set up for Murray to power to the final, but Raonic had him on the ropes for a while in the Queens Club final. And he's carried it on through Wimbledon.

This isn't Federer at 100%.
He stated that he was expecting qf at best.
Murray should be more worried about Roanic.
Can't see Federer beating Murray.

I meant because he's playing after this match, he'd have been warming up in the locker room. I agree Raonic is the favourite from the top half for me.

I don't think it will be a whitewash for Murray against Tsonga. I think Murray will win but drop at least 1 set.

Federer seems to be going through the levels and pulling off some great shots as Cilic seems to be tiring.

I don't think it will be a whitewash for Murray against Tsonga. I think Murray will win but drop at least 1 set.

Federer seems to be going through the levels and pulling off some great shots as Cilic seems to be tiring.
Agree with all that. Getting this far without dropping a set is damn good though, & may help if he does progress to the final as expected.

Following game on BBC live text. That last set seems to have been a walk in the park for Federer.

And another record in the Fed locker. When he first burst on the scene, I liked him. But he started coming onto court in his own branded RF shit, I've had more than a bit of a disliking towards him.

Federer has always been a favourite of mine cos he never knows when he's beaten. A couple of matches between him & Nadal I've got on my server & have watched repeatedly.

I like Andy Murray for the same reason, when he's on form (mentally & physically) he has that same trait, & can get to shots that should be impossible to return, never mind win.

It's an irrational hatred, I know sportsman have got to have that inner belief to be the very best, but when you start believing your own hype and wearing your own branded stuff, It takes it to another level for me. I don't think Nadal or Djokovic would wear their own stuff.

Tsonga using his power to try to control the game from the baseline.

Shouldn't be that effective against Murray as he's more than capable of dealing with that, his eye is a bit off today though, missing a few forehand shots down the line that he could normally do with his eyes closed.

That was an amazing first set. Ebbed & flowed throughout & some exceptional shots from both players. Tsonga is great when he's aggressive.

Tsonga two breaks down, 4-0 in the fifth. Switching to Wales as the main image & leave this in the corner now.

He lost the 5th game of the final set. He was trying too hard and putting the ball over the line when Murray was on the run. He then won the 6th to make it 5-1 and then Murray served the game out. Maybe the game against Insner finally caught up with him.

Turned out to be a great game overall. Tsonga is just in that group below the top 3 or 4 of current players. He's on par with Cilic, Del Potro, Berdych and Stanislaw. Needs a bit of luck to get to a final.

I thought Murray basically gave him that last service game, which makes sense cos he knew he could win it on his.

Tsonga has improved a lot, his all round game looks very strong now, combined with his power off the baseline & serve & he's formidable.

I think he's just lacking a little flexibility (physically) at times compared to the rest due to his wide frame, which slows down his ability to get to difficult shots on the turn.

He lost the 5th game of the final set. He was trying too hard and putting the ball over the line when Murray was on the run. He then won the 6th to make it 5-1 and then Murray served the game out. Maybe the game against Insner finally caught up with him.

Turned out to be a great game overall. Tsonga is just in that group below the top 3 or 4 of current players. He's on par with Cilic, Del Potro, Berdych and Stanislaw. Needs a bit of luck to get to a final.
Cilic,Wawrinka and Del Potro have all won slams so I wouldn't put him in their league.
He's probably in the Gasquet,Berdych bracket.
Lovely players to watch when firing and perennial quarter/semi finalists but just don't have the mentality to win slams.

Warwinka and Murray have the same number of slams so maybe I should downgrade Murray to that group. I'm only kidding there as Murray is a cut above them.

I'm coming from the angle of I'd have no idea who to bet on should any of that group play head to head. Jo has played Stan 7 times and the score is 3-4. Using that as a barometer there isn't much between them.

For today's Ladies Semi final I've gone for Serena to win 2-0 and Kerber to win 2-1.

Back
Top Bottom