• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Winter Olympics 2014

Spaghetti Legs

Banned
Banned
Anyone going to be taking much interest?

The Skiing, Skeleton, Luge, Speed skating, Ski Jumping and Snowboard/Ski cross will be a good watch, bit of the curling aswell when it gets to the buisness end.

Ice hockey and Ice skating though, fuck that.

Lizzie Yarnold in the skeleton looks the best bet for a British Gold, only one person can realistically beat her, the yank girl.

Other good chances of medals in the Curling and Speed skating and 1 or 2 other events.

Its fucked up how quick these events come along, doesn't seem 4 years ago watching the Vancouver games, the curling to in Salt Lake City when the British women won gold was 12 bloody years ago!

I might watch some of it. I quite like some of the winter sports. Some of the competitors are fucking maniacs.

1797562_10152578282843056_789229237_n.png

Forgot about this thread.

Dragged myself out of bed this morning to see Yarnold do the buisness, shes got it in the bag now barring a major fuck up.

Was a shame about the Scottish speed skater, pretty much a guaranteed medal but she went all out for gold and got unlucky, respect though, hopefully she can make up for it in her other events.

The snowboarding where four people race each other down the mountain is good.

Out of loyalty to LFC I suppose I'll have to watch the Bob Paisleigh. Ha ha! Er...I'll get me sledge.

Just googled....Ireland have 4 participants in this Olympics and they will continue Ireland's glorious record of zero medals.

Just googled....Ireland have 4 participants in this Olympics and they will continue Ireland's glorious record of zero medals.

I managed to see one of them compete in the skeleton. He got off it as if it was his first time and he had done it 'just for the craic'.

I don't know.

There was an Englishman competing for Ireland in one of the winter Olympics.

I don't know.

There was an Englishman competing for Ireland in one of the winter Olympics.
I believe one of our contingent of 4 is Canadian and claims he's representing Ireland as a tribute to his Dad which obviously means he didn't make the Canadian team.

I believe one of our contingent of 4 is Canadian and claims he's representing Ireland as a tribute to his Dad which obviously means he didn't make the Canadian team.
Was that the lad who also had a Russian mother?

There's only one main event to watch in Winter Olympics and that is the Jamaican bobsleigh team.

Just the mere thought of it is enough to crack me up.

Just googled it, his Dad is Canadian his Mum is Irish.

He did very well in the luge competition and would have won had he not taken a wrong turn on the way down!
The lad i was thinking of is half Irish half Russian & was born in the states. He thought it was a sign to compete for Ireland.

I also think that he wanted to compete for the states when he's older as he's only 16 now & would possibly still be legible as he's not yet an adult.

Back
Top Bottom