• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Women’s World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreambeliever

From Doubter to Believer (to doubter again)
Ireland vs Australia kicking off shortly.

Sam Kerr ruled out with a calf injury a big boost to Ireland.

Nice to have a team at the World Cup.

I’m assuming from the lack of a thread, almost no interest here?

I'm following. England or USA the picked of most pundits. Maybe the injuries to a few of England's top players will cost them in the end.

Honestly, I'm not super interested in women's football in general but I usually watch the big tournaments.
However, waking up at 7AM to watch Sweden Vs South Africa...not happening

I think the biggest discussion point should be Infantino's opening speech were he said that he couldnt guarantee that the players would get their prize money. He said it was up to individual associations to pay it out. This would have been unheard of for the men's World cup.

Norway lost their opening game to NZ, so all in all not a good start at all.

Ireland’s last warm up was canceled against Columbia because they were too rough. Their last 5 matches all cancelled for the same reason. Madness.

Decent effort from Ireland just lacking the cutting edge and quality up front to get a goal.

Good start for the home nation.

Ireland vs Australia kicking off shortly.

Sam Kerr ruled out with a calf injury a big boost to Ireland.

Nice to have a team at the World Cup.

I’m assuming from the lack of a thread, almost no interest here?

There's barely interest over there either - ESPN.com run a story on their front page how they're giving out free tickets ...

To be fair - the Australia v Ireland game wasn’t much fun to watch.

Not a lot of skill or quality - I’m sure there will better games.

I'm torn over the issue of women's football. On the one hand it's light years behind the men's professional game and TBH I've never yet managed to sit through a whole match when I've tried to watch one. On the other hand I have young girl cousins in Oz who are highly promising at it: the elder one is already a New Zealand Under 18 international (she's on a soccer scholarship at university in the States and I subbed her some wonga to help with settling-in expenses) and her younger sister, who already represents Queensland State, is coming up fast through the Aussie youth ranks. So I just stay schtumm and keep my head down when the subject comes up. :D

My interest is solely on the betting side of things. If either Germany or Spain don’t win this then I know nothing about anything any more. Easy money this competition…

I have no interest in this whatsoever.

I just about have enough time and energy for the sports I actually care about.

Are Ireland playing all their matches in Australia or do they have any in NZ? My kids are in NZ at the moment, and I'm sure they'd love a free ticket to see their team

No surprise there, BBC have no shame.

Then he has the nerve and disturbance to shyfully say "it's not a politic question, it's a people question."

@darkstarexodus

Bryan Adams, Ryan Reynolds, Justin Beiber, Terrence & Phillips, Alanis Morisette, Jim Carey, Keanu Reeves, Michael Bubke, K D Laing, William Shatner… we have beaten them all… we have beaten them all!!! Celene Dion… can you hear me!!! Celene Dion… your girls took a hell of a beating!!! Your girls took a hell of a beating!!!

Mon the Matildas!!!!!

@darkstarexodus

Bryan Adams, Ryan Reynolds, Justin Beiber, Terrence & Phillips, Alanis Morisette, Jim Carey, Keanu Reeves, Michael Bubke, K D Laing, William Shatner… we have beaten them all… we have beaten them all!!! Celene Dion… can you hear me!!! Celene Dion… your girls took a hell of a beating!!! Your girls took a hell of a beating!!!

Mon the Matildas!!!!!
Ok Jason Cundy

You forgot the "Has anyone seen"

@darkstarexodus

Mon the Matildas!!!!!
Without Kerr was impressive.

@darkstarexodus

Mon the Matildas!!!!!

I'd like to say that this mattered to me but, well....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom