• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • Repeating an offer I made a while ago. If anyone wants me to change their username then just DM me (@Dee)

Women's Super League: Liverpool beat Bristol to win title

I think its interesting:
1. That this thread is in the "Other Sports" forum.
2. That it didn't raise a single comment.

When I read of Liverpool's success on BBC I was pleased, but not delighted or anything. I wonder whether this was because:
1. I don't know any of the players - I have nothing emotionally invested in the team, other than the fact that they represent Liverpool.
2. My team is the men's team, and always has been. U17 success is more relevant because it could one day help the men's team.
3. The fact that it was not really even local players who won the league - Liverpool invested highly and brought in a lot of talented players from elsewhere.

I know a lot of people in America who prefer college sports, because the attitudes are not so arrogant, the money factor is not yet so prevalent. The equivalent of that is probably our youth teams.
Anyway, just some thoughts. Answers on a postcard .... or not...as the reponse to this news would suggest.

Womens football just doesnt interest me. Its boring and frustrating.
I saw them parade the trophy around Anfield at HT. People duly applauded them but I don't think anyone was really arsed tbh. Can't even remember if I stood up or not.

Womens football just doesnt interest me. Its boring and frustrating.
I saw them parade the trophy around Anfield at HT. People duly applauded them but I don't think anyone was really arsed tbh. Can't even remember if I stood up or not.

I've been saying from years they should play naked if they want to get bigger crowds.

I reckon it'd work. Matches in January would be especially entertaining.

As it stands I can't watch more than five minutes of it, women should play footy imo.

In fact, I even don't like them going the match, footy is a man thing in my world (I'm aware this makes me a mysgonistic pig).

As a girl who played college basketball, I can say that our demographic used to run a lot younger than the men's team. Lots of kids' team s, mainly because the tickets were cheaper and we were more fundamentally based. We used to get a lot of prison letters when we'd play on television, though.

That being said, the US Women's Soccer Team is huge over here, probably because they're awesome. The big women's college basketball teams (Tennessee, UCONN, etc.) draw thousands as well.

- now Free

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom