• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Yet another early kick off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
This is insane. Just a joke now.

When #LFC travel to Man City on Nov 25 it will be the 14th Sat 12:30 kick-off they have had immediately following an international break during Klopp's reign. More than double number faced by any other club - Tottenham/Chelsea have had it on 6 occasions.
City with 4 (3 of them against us, Utd with 2.

I know Klopp hates it, but we love it over here in our time zone. Lovely evening kickoff time.
Liverpool’s popularity in Asia/Australia could actually be a reason?

I know Klopp hates it, but we love it over here in our time zone. Lovely evening kickoff time.
Liverpool’s popularity in Asia/Australia could actually be a reason?
Yeah I love the time - perfect time to watch really. But getting irritating to watch us drop points constantly in these games

Yeah I love the time - perfect time to watch really. But getting irritating to watch us drop points constantly in these games
It’s against City away so if ever we were going to drop points it’s there.

150 minutes difference is really no big deal

It does for the players traveling long distance or for the recovery time from the games you’ve just played.
There is a certain amount of hours that the body needs before being able to perform at a high level again or to avoid injury. 3-5 hours could make a difference in a sport were you see a massive influence from performance dropping 5-10%.

Yup. But very pleasant for the players but not an excuse either. Both teams have International players.

We're gonna fuck Everton up, then we're gonna mash City with one of those utensils you use to mash potatoes & shove that up their arses.

Then the broadcasters (bankrolled by Mansour) gonna be all up in arms before moving us to a 5:30am kick off the following week.

And another one has been moved:

Saturday 9th December Crystal Palace v Liverpool 12:30 [TNT Sports]

Hey I know Klopp won’t be the most amused but for us in the UK that have TNT sports, it’s another live game being shown, can’t complain much as a fan, which means no crappy laggy low quality streams that buffer every 10mins.

It does for the players traveling long distance or for the recovery time from the games you’ve just played.
There is a certain amount of hours that the body needs before being able to perform at a high level again or to avoid injury. 3-5 hours could make a difference in a sport were you see a massive influence from performance dropping 5-10%.
I don't even think it's that. It's that it is contrary to their usual routine no matter what country they are in. Though of course there is less preparation time too. So getting up early, driving to the club early, training early, all the match preparation early. Just destroys their normal routine. Not sure about away games - do they travel & stay the night before in a hotel for some games? If not then they will have to get up early for a coach drive.

I don't even think it's that. It's that it is contrary to their usual routine no matter what country they are in. Though of course there is less preparation time too. So getting up early, driving to the club early, training early, all the match preparation early. Just destroys their normal routine. Not sure about away games - do they travel & stay the night before in a hotel for some games? If not then they will have to get up early for a coach drive.

There was an interview with a sports scientist over here that said that the body needs x amount of hours rest before being able to perform at 100% again. If not you are looking at an increase in potential injuries etc.

I can't say I'm too worried about the impact on the players physically. Playing on a Wednesday night and then again on a Saturday lunchtime shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The preparation time is obviously an issue though. Away game on Wednesday, travel back Thursday, travel again on Friday, earlier start on Saturday. When you look at rival teams having an extra few hours, or an extra day, or one of those being a home game, it does put us at a disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom