• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Youngest starting lineups in LFC history

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando

Youngest starting linups​

DateResultOpponentCompetitionAvg Age
04.02.20201 - 0Shrewsbury TownFA Cup 4th round replay19.28
17.12.20190 - 5Aston VillaLeague Cup 5th round19.50
08.01.20170 - 0Plymouth ArgyleFA Cup 3rd round21.81
09.11.20220 - 0Derby CountyLeague Cup 3rd round22.28
14.12.20231 - 2Union SGEuropa League Group Stage22.43
09.01.20224 - 1Shrewsbury TownFA Cup 3rd round22.51
18.01.20171 - 0Plymouth ArgyleFA Cup 3rd round replay22.69
26.04.19653 - 1Wolves1st Division22.83
08.01.20162 - 2Exeter CityFA Cup 3rd round22.87

First 7 teams on the list are Klopp teams.

And the results show you win nothing with kids!
hehe, but my take away from that list is that Klopp is giving the kids a chance and that our academy is slowly getting better.

The team that played against Shrewsbury had Kelleher, Hoever, Van den Berg, Neco, Harvey and Jones in it.

We managed to get a decent fee for Hoever and Neco, Van den Berg is still out on loan.

Avg age of the side that got pumped by Villa feels like it's 10 years too old, half of them genuinely looked like they'd just started secondary school. Just goes to show the importance of experience in games like these.

That 1965 game is a bit of a weird outlier isn't it? Stayed as our youngest line up for almost 50 years!

I notice Ronnie Moran was playing too, though obviously he wasn't one of the youngsters.

Makes sense of course that we would have rested players before big games then too but I guess I'm a bit surprised we had the squad to do so.

Are one of these matches the time we got shafted by fixtures and had a match the day after a club World Cup match?

Are one of these matches the time we got shafted by fixtures and had a match the day after a club World Cup match?
I think it may have been a day before, the first team flew out to Qatar and left the kids get slapped by Villa.

Still remember that cunt Kodija celebrating his goal as if he'd just won the world cup.

& to make things worst you had the media on our backs for fielding that team as if we'd have picked the a place in the 4th round of the EFL cup or whatever it was over a chance to win the CWC.

If anything these fixtures prove the disdain with which Klopp regarded the cup competitions in the beginning- partly because of resources of course, but I think it took us winning these for Klopp to realise its a good thing to get a day in Wembley and win the domestic cups.

I think it may have been a day before, the first team flew out to Qatar and left the kids get slapped by Villa.

Still remember that cunt Kodija celebrating his goal as if he'd just won the world cup.

& to make things worst you had the media on our backs for fielding that team as if we'd have picked the a place in the 4th round of the EFL cup or whatever it was over a chance to win the CWC.
Thanks, this is sounding very familiar. The situation was ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom