• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

YOUR TOP FIVE MOST HATED PLAYERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always find it surprising the way loads of Irish still support Keane when he abandoned the nation. Not to mention when he intentionally ended an opponent's career...

What isn't surprising is that Dreamy appears to be one of these people.
It's usually Man U supporters or people from Cork where Keane is from.
DB is from Galway but you can figure out the rest

How can you hate Keane and Mcateer :D

Because one is a fucking traitor, who abandoned us when we needed him most. And because Salford aren't my 'other team', like they are yours. Fuck him, forever.

The other, I'm reliably told by people who know lots more than I do, was the epitome of all that was wrong with the Spice Boys, and incredibly disrespectful to one of our greatest captains ever. So fuck him too.

I may have said this before, but I traveled to the "white suits" FA Cup final in a minibus with McAteer's family. It is clear from that experience that intelligence is 99% genetic

I heard this story years back and I don't care if it's true, it's brilliant, and I'm claiming it's true..! ;)

Trigger is playing snooker with some of the lads, back in the day, when who should walk in to the snooker hall, but Jimmy White... Trigger spots him, and desperate to say hello to such a celebrity, he yells across the crowded room "Hey, Jimmy..!!!! ONE HUNDREW AND EIIIGHTY!!!!!"

I always find it surprising the way loads of Irish still support Keane when he abandoned the nation. Not to mention when he intentionally ended an opponent's career...

What isn't surprising is that Dreamy appears to be one of these people.
Not that it matters much but that tackle didn’t end his career.

Because one is a fucking traitor, who abandoned us when we needed him most. And because Salford aren't my 'other team', like they are yours. Fuck him, forever.

The other, I'm reliably told by people who know lots more than I do, was the epitome of all that was wrong with the Spice Boys, and incredibly disrespectful to one of our greatest captains ever. So fuck him too.
Yawn

Well when you crack the same tired joke for 1,000,000th time is gets that response so as you were indeed.

FFS, Pat - You and I barely converse, mate... You have far, far bigger critics than me, and I'm not sure I've ever used that line on you before.

Your very strange relationship with Salford and your worship of Judas Keane do make it very easy to think that you do have a soft spot for those cnuts... Funny I don't see you 'yawning' at others who say the same thing far more frequently than my one offering.

FFS, Pat - You and I barely converse, mate... You have far, far bigger critics than me, and I'm not sure I've ever used that line on you before.

Your very strange relationship with Salford and your worship of Judas Keane do make it very easy to think that you do have a soft spot for those cnuts... Funny I don't see you 'yawning' at others who say the same thing far more frequently than my one offering.
Very simple, Keane is the greatest sportsperson we have ever produced imo so I’ll always love him. Would I prefer he never played for Utd? Sure. Does it stop me liking him? Nope. As for Utd, they are the team I love to beat more than anyone else but don’t let that stand in the way of the longest standing boring narrative that they are my second team or whatever.
As for hating on Mcateer, the buck stops with the manager. The Spice Boys is on Evans 100%.

Very simple, Keane is the greatest sportsperson we have ever produced imo so I’ll always love him. Would I prefer he never played for Utd? Sure. Does it stop me liking him? Nope. As for Utd, they are the team I love to beat more than anyone else but don’t let that stand in the way of the longest standing boring narrative that they are my second team or whatever.
As for hating on Mcateer, the buck stops with the manager. The Spice Boys is on Evans 100%.

George Best? Stephen Roche? Sean Kelly? Joey Dunlop? Rory McIlroy? Padraig Harrington? Brian O'Driscoll? Fucking hell, even Conor McGregor?

George Best? Stephen Roche? Sean Kelly? Joey Dunlop? Rory McIlroy? Padraig Harrington? Brian O'Driscoll? Fucking hell, even Conor McGregor?
Eamonn Cochlan , Sonia O Sullivan, Katie Taylor...........
He not even in the top ten.

Just to add to the list.......Paul O'Connell, Steve Collins, Ronan O'Gara and Keith Wood

All reached the top of their respective sports without being giant twats

Last edited:

"
200.gif
"

I heard this story years back and I don't care if it's true, it's brilliant, and I'm claiming it's true..! ;)

Trigger is playing snooker with some of the lads, back in the day, when who should walk in to the snooker hall, but Jimmy White... Trigger spots him, and desperate to say hello to such a celebrity, he yells across the crowded room "Hey, Jimmy..!!!! ONE HUNDREW AND EIIIGHTY!!!!!"

Jason admits that happened.

Shit, the stories about that clown are legion. Him and a couple of other players were on a break in Ibiza. They were about to drive off for a day at the beach when Trigger emerged from a shop with a big bag of ice cubes. When they asked him what it was for, he said, 'For the beers'. When they explained to him the ice will have melted by the time they get there, he said, 'Good, point, I'd better get a second bag'.

The bloke can't even tell one of his stories without making it even worse:

On meeting Keith Richards: 'The one with all the lines on his face. Not Ronnie Wood, the other one: Keith Moon'.

Ha. Katie Taylor trumps all of them and you didn’t even mention her but it’s still Keane for me.

Just to add to the list.......Paul O'Connell, Steve Collins, Ronan O'Gara and Keith Wood

All reached the top of their respective sports without being giant twats
Not in the same league as the most popular sport in the world. Great players no doubt but don’t hold a candle to Keane.

I know that DB likes to wear his contrary views like a badge of honour but I can assure all other posters not from Ireland, that not even the most ardent Man U fan from Cork where Keane is from considers him to be Irelands greatest sportsperson.
I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but if I said in my opinion the earth was flat I would expect to be told that I was bonkers.

I know that DB likes to wear his contrary views like a badge of honour but I can assure all other posters not from Ireland, that not even the most ardent Man U fan from Cork where Keane is from considers him to be Irelands greatest sportsperson.
I know everyone is entitled to their opinion but if I said in my opinion the earth was flat I would expect to be told that I was bonkers.

And I can assure plenty so. It’s all opinion. Their are many who don’t rate boxing, Rugby, cycling, athletics, MMA as highly as soccer. Go look at any recently compiled list of our greatest ever sports person and tell me he isn’t in the conversation?
To use the flat earth analogy is so far gone it’s laughable.

He's not even the best footballer we've ever produced, never mind the best sportsperson, FFS.

And nobody who IS on the list as potentially Ireland's greatest sportsperson - it's most likely Katie Taylor, by the way - has ever abandoned their country, as captain no less, when we needed them most.

As for your narrative on Salford, you come across like an ex-boyfriend who never stops talking about the former love who he's most definitely over now... Yes, absolutely over her... Don't even think about her now... Except to tell everybody how really, truly over her you are... Constantly. Me think he doth protest too much, mo chara.

And your defense of McAteer, well, that's just very silly... Grown men have the choice to behave like cunts or to not - Trigger chose to behave like a cunt. It's nobody's fault but his. You don't strike me as somebody who'd blame the teacher if your kid's just not trying hard enough at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom