• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

£150m transfer budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
So £150M + £50M in sales..

Dolberg £30M
Durmisi/Bertrand £20M
Schmeichel £10M

That's striker, lb and goalie sorted as well as the current blatant lack of Danes in the squad. £60M.

Then splash £40M on either Celtic's Dembele or Lacazette. We want two awesome forwards!!

Buy the youngest most amazing German defender that's not already with Bayern (Tah, Sule etc.) or perhaps a van Dijk (if we HAVE to raid Soton again) and then an industrious, hard-working CM like Keita or even that for me rather unknown entity Franck Kessie at Atalanta. £80M.

Use the last few pennies (£20M) on a few potential stars for the future.

DONE.

......................Schmeichel...........................
Clyne........Matip.......Tah.................Durmisi
.........................Kessie.................................
Mané.........Henderson...................Coutinho
..................Dembele........Dolberg................

Subs: Firmino, Milner, Lovren, Origi, Lallana, Can, Karius, Supertalent1, Supertalent2

It may take some time to balance it out with two strikers etc. but this line-up would at least secure that entertainment and goals would once again be a very frequent visitor at Anfield. That Dembele/Dolberg strike-force could tear up any a defense, both strong, rather big fellas with pace and skill and with the creativity (Coutinho) and pace (Mané/Durmisi) surrounding them, there'd be goals right, left and center.

I love Football Manager.

Let's just rape and pillage Southampton again.

Forster, Bertrand, Van Dyck, Romeu and Gabbiadini and we are sorted!

Lacazette - £50m
Kolasinac- £25M
Keita £25M (Assuming, after the weekend, he's ok in the long term)
Top qual CB £25M (No fucking idea)

That'd leave £25m to cover wages and sign-ons, with player sales and departures (Lucas, Moreno, Sturridge, couple of kids) to factor in too, should leave enough for a couple of squad additions.

yeah we all tend forget just how infallible premier league defenders are...

Lacazette - £50m
Kolasinac- £25M
Keita £25M (Assuming, after the weekend, he's ok in the long term)
Top qual CB £25M (No fucking idea)

That'd leave £25m to cover wages and sign-ons, with player sales and departures (Lucas, Moreno, Sturridge, couple of kids) to factor in too, should leave enough for a couple of squad additions.

Kolasinac can leave on a free as he's out of contract. Keita got the all clear after this weekend.

There's a reason Southampton never win anything
Sell all their best players?

Mine was tongue in cheek, my actual wish list for the summer was posted a week or so ago in the Realistic Summer Wishlist thread

Joe Hart (GK)
Ben Chilwell (LB)
Virgil van Dyck (CB)
Jamaal Lascelles (CB)
Christian Pulisic (W)
Geoffrey Kondogbia (CM)
Moussa Dembele (S)
Ryan Sessegnon (W)

GK: Jan Oblak £15m
LB: Tierney £20m
CB: De Vri £25m
CM: Verratti £50m
Wing backup: Traore £10m (when Boro relegated)

Does that only leave me £30m to spunk on a striker?! Shizzle.

When relegated, I pillage Sunderland for Kone at CB (£10m) instead of the Dutchman (£25m), take a punt on Chilwell instead of the Celt (netting another £10m) and whack the £55m on not one but three players! Gabriel Barbosa (£20m), Andre Gray (15m) and Hulk (£20m)... the Chinese will soon work out he's not sane/possibly a bit shit, and ship him off cut price....and, well, who doesnt want The Hulk on their side?. Taking this approach on the basis that "More is more" and why buy one great player, when you can take a wild punt on 3 distinct "maybes"?!

I still haven't really sorted the problem at Def Mid, added anywhere near enough quality at CB, or bought a guaranteed 20 goal a year striker.... and Ive picked up a keeper with a dodgy shoulder, so Karius is likely getting ALOT of opportunities to kick the ball out for corners.

Am I doing it right? Its been a few years since I played Champ Manager

150 million is about what we need to spend. Look at the bench of a side which was nearly beaten by Burnley. I'll be amazing if FSG sanction it.

I can see it happening seeing as we only use 1 window out of 2 every season.

Fabinho, Pastore, Lacazette, Van Dijk, Handanovic.

So £150M + £50M in sales..

Dolberg £30M
Durmisi/Bertrand £20M
Schmeichel £10M

That's striker, lb and goalie sorted as well as the current blatant lack of Danes in the squad. £60M.

Then splash £40M on either Celtic's Dembele or Lacazette. We want two awesome forwards!!

Buy the youngest most amazing German defender that's not already with Bayern (Tah, Sule etc.) or perhaps a van Dijk (if we HAVE to raid Soton again) and then an industrious, hard-working CM like Keita or even that for me rather unknown entity Franck Kessie at Atalanta. £80M.

Use the last few pennies (£20M) on a few potential stars for the future.

DONE.

......................Schmeichel...........................
Clyne........Matip.......Tah.................Durmisi
.........................Kessie.................................
Mané.........Henderson...................Coutinho
..................Dembele........Dolberg................

Subs: Firmino, Milner, Lovren, Origi, Lallana, Can, Karius, Supertalent1, Supertalent2

It may take some time to balance it out with two strikers etc. but this line-up would at least secure that entertainment and goals would once again be a very frequent visitor at Anfield. That Dembele/Dolberg strike-force could tear up any a defense, both strong, rather big fellas with pace and skill and with the creativity (Coutinho) and pace (Mané/Durmisi) surrounding them, there'd be goals right, left and center.

I love Football Manager.

One Dane and one Dane only Kristian....

..... maybe a Swede if you behave yourself.... but only one Dane!!!!

Would that be because we rape and pillage them every year so as their players are never there long enough to form a team capable of winning anything?

GK: Jan Oblak £15m

Am I doing it right? Its been a few years since I played Champ Manager
It's been many years since I fired up the old x86, but Klopp would be taking a few risks with your suggestions. I recommend he creates a new save game before making those purchases, that way, if they turn out shit, he can reboot from the save game and carry on like they never happened.

Off the top of my head, this could be the Southampton team if they had kept their best players :

--------------------Forster--------------------

Clyne-------Van Dyck------Alderweireld-----Shaw

----Lallana--------Wanyama-----Oxlade-Chamberlain

-----Mane----------Walcott-----------Bale

Subs : Boruc, Bertrand, Lovren, Fonte, Tadic, Gabbiadini, Pelle

Might swap Gabbiadini for Walcott but that is a pretty decent side. All academic I know...

Would that be because we rape and pillage them every year so as their players are never there long enough to form a team capable of winning anything?

That's a contributory factor.

The biggest one is that lots of their players aren't as good as other clubs (mainly Liverpool) think they are.

The biggest one is that lots of their players aren't as good as other clubs (mainly Liverpool) think they are.

Look again at that team they could have. Their record of bringing through top players is unbelievable

Benfica's goalie Ederson Moraes looks pretty impressive. Will probably cost silly money though given the selling prices for Benfica and Porto players.

The only way we can get Oblak for 15 mill is if we add another player to manage Atletico Madrid.

And another being they get raped for their manager if he's any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom