• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2012 FA Cup Final Liverpool v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoulda, woulda, coulda. He didn't, we lost. Shit happens.
Bring on next season.

dont think kenny got it wrong tbh, we were set up for a fast paced attack, chelsea were too well organised for that and didnt give us a chance

I don't. He picked the best line-up to keep it tight at first. Unfortunately his players let Chelsea walk through them for their 2 goals.

Why keep it tight? As we saw they looked burnt out from about 60 mins even when we pissed about in front of them all the time. Why could have had Gerrard up with Suarez and have them running all over the place from the start? Admittedly we could have conceded by being more open but they'd have run out of gas even sooner whilst we needed to die trying because we've nothing left to play for after today.

I don't. He picked the best line-up to keep it tight at first. Unfortunately his players let Chelsea walk through them for their 2 goals.
I really don't agree. Henderwank, Spearing and Bellers (not his fault) in a five man midfield is pretty shite to me.
Props to Big Andy. He tried like fuck and made such a huge difference to our play.

dont think kenny got it wrong tbh, we were set up for a fast paced attack, chelsea were too well organised for that and didnt give us a chance

Fast paced attack? We left Suarez all alone because Bellamy was a little too withdrawn and Gerrard was sitting in our half. Meanwhile Downing and Enrique took it in turns to run down the left wing then turn round and pass the ball backwards to the other.

drogba , terry and lampard lifting the trophy together . bunch of cunts

and worst of all i don't even think they are that good ! sadly overall we're worse .

anyway lots of work to do in the summer that's for sure , lots of work .

Fast paced attack? We left Suarez all alone because Bellamy was a little too withdrawn and Gerrard was sitting in our half. Meanwhile Downing and Enrique took it in turns to run down the left wing then turn round and pass the ball backwards to the other.

i just reckon thats how we set up to play, obviously it didnt turn out like that, maybe we meant to get them on the counter but either way we were pinned down for a lot of that first half

I agree. We had more possession and more control in the first half after giving Chelsea the first 15 mins and a fucked up goal from Spearing & Pepe, in the 2nd we again gave them the first 15 and Skrtel misses a tackle for 2-0, from the moment Carroll came on we absolutely battered them and had a deserved goal disallowed - yes it was, look at ball in relation to the line outside of the post - you can see daylight FFS !

Proud of the lads, just another poor result from a game we deserved to win. That's been the majority of our season in a nutshell.

Why do we usually only start to play when the game is slipping away from us?

Nothing to lose at that point. We showed way too much respect today. This was our last meaningful game of the season and we tippy-tapped it about like a tramp's Barcelona (not even a poor man's) allowing them to snuff us out using a 5-3-1-1 formation (when defending). We should have thrown everything that them straight away to disrupt the winning routine they've found for themselves.

Good 30 minutes after Andy came on. That is all I can say. Gutted. Question will Kenny be around next season? I would like another year but owners might not.

Wasn't a goal. Whole ball didn't cross the line.
Kenny got it wrong though. Everyone one could see Carroll needed to start.

Yeah .. everyone AFTER he came on could see that. Didn't fucking say that to begin with though did ya ! Everyone agreed it was pretty much the right team to start.

1st goal: Jay Spearing inexplicably loses the ball and allows Chelsea off on the counter attack that leads to the goal.

2nd goal: Jay Spearing let's Lampard get away from him too easily and the ball is fed into Drogba, who scores.

The kid's got a lot of heart, but I don't think there's enough quality there. I'm not looking for a scapegoat here, but he has to take some (if not most) of the blame for both goals.

i just reckon thats how we set up to play, obviously it didnt turn out like that, maybe we meant to get them on the counter but either way we were pinned down for a lot of that first half

Obviously. Which is why we have the better possession stats for the first half.

1st goal: Jay Spearing inexplicably loses the ball and allows Chelsea off on the counter attack that leads to the goal.

2nd goal: Jay Spearing let's Lampard get away from him too easily and the ball is fed into Drogba, who scores.

The kid's got a lot of heart, but I don't think there's enough quality there. I'm not looking for a scapegoat here, but he has to take some (if not most) of the blame for both goals.

Was just about to say, that Spearo isn't good enough.

Quite possibly we were looking to hit them on the counter but it doesn't take long to see what formation they adopted when we came forward and change our tactics to suit. I stopped watching the ball for a while in the first half and looked at their formation. It was a 5-3-1-1 a lot of the time. And we had Suarez alone in the middle as the threat. No wonder we didn't muster a single shot in the first half (or one that I can remember)

some people were saying jay was a better than than lucas in lucas' early years when anyone with eyes could see there is a gulf between the players, even then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom