• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

2012 FA Cup Final Liverpool v Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Di-Matteo snub Kenny at the end? Seemed Kenny was going over to shake his hand but Di-Matteo ran onto the picth to celebrate.

Objects above the goal-line, such as the crossbar, appeared to the right of the goal-line in that photograph. That can't be right - the angles must have been skewed so I'm inclined to think the ball didn't cross the line. Don't envy being the linesman there, he'd be damned if he did, damned if he didn't.
if the post was in line it will be to the left of the ball hence might show daylight between ball and bar!

Peter McDowall ‏ @Petermcdowall10
Fernando Torres has spent the last twenty minutes in the LFC dressing room, swapped shirts with Pepe Reina.

fair play to him

Objects above the goal-line, such as the crossbar, appeared to the right of the goal-line in that photograph. That can't be right - the angles must have been skewed so I'm inclined to think the ball didn't cross the line. Don't envy being the linesman there, he'd be damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

Linos shouldn't have to make that decision at all. I've never understood how they're supposed to be able to tell either way, when (a) they're right out on the touchline and (b) the post's between them and the ball anyway.

What? He mistimed his kick completly, which started the whole attack. 3 at fault for the goal, but sPearings mistake started the whole break.

Ramires still had it all to do to get past Enrique but managed it easily, and Reina made an elementary mistake at his near post to let in a very saveable shot. Both had more time than Spearing to set themselves up properly, and both failed to do so.

Whole ball wasn't over the line.

Don't use that as an excuse, we were shite today and didn't deserve to win.

tUOat.png

looks like it could be in when you see this picture, i dont think it should matter mind, like jules said how a lino can be expected to make that call is ridiculous

Air between the top of the post and the line in that pic ^^, wasn't 100% over the line. If they do introduce goal line tech, how will it know if 100% of the ball has crossed the line anyway.
Chelsea did deserve it on the performance.

and the lines thicker than the post, in the top down view

If they do introduce goal line tech, how will it know if 100% of the ball has crossed the line anyway.

Chip measures the distance from the centre of the ball to the centre of the line .... so they will know 100% whether it is in or not because that distance is a constant.

ah well, you get some you lose some. i'd take luis garcia's 'ghost' goal over carroll's today. champs league v fa cup, no comparison. great final 30 minutes, though the big lad showed what he's been showing from xmas, shame kenny doesn't see it.

Chelsea were shite too and that's why I'm sick

Yep, we had Bellamy's shot blocked by Ivanovic in the first half, numerous Carroll knock-downs blasted over by Gerrard and Henderson, the save on the line from Carroll's header, a few other headed half chances for Carroll, the slide tackle from Terry intercepting Carroll's effort on goal, Suarez' shot from the edge of the box kept out by Cech in the right bottom corner. Whilst I can't think of any saves Pepe had to make apart from picking the ball out of his net twice. At least we were only shite for 60 mins. Gutted...

Yep, we had Bellamy's shot blocked by Ivanovic in the first half, numerous Carroll knock-downs blasted over by Gerrard and Henderson, the save on the line from Carroll's header, a few other headed half chances for Carroll, the slide tackle from Terry intercepting Carroll's effort on goal, Suarez' shot from the edge of the box kept out by Cech in the right bottom corner. Whilst I can't think of any saves Pepe had to make apart from picking the ball out of his net twice. At least we were only shite for 60 mins. Gutted...

Pepe had one relatively simple save he had to make and failed to do so.

We always make it hard for ourselves in finals and today unlike 01, 05 and 06 there wasnt a comeback. It is hard to lose to Chelsea such a horrible team and I hope Bayern destory them.

We gifted two goals to Chelsea which was shame but felt extermely proud of the players in last 30 minutes.

Finals come down to small margins and luck and Chelsea have had a great deal of luck this year.

The players today will learn from that experience, now is the time to support our team and manager

How nice of Fernando, going into see our lads. Fuck Torres. If there's one single sickener about today it's that twat feeling he was justified being a fucking Judas. Somone should have sparked the cunt.

I hope I win the 6CM Annual Award for most expletives in a single post.

Chelsea were shite too and that's why I'm sick

Thats the hard part of this to take, what happened prior to the 30 minutes of complete control we had was that we were to me anyway - sleeping and strolling around the pitch, and they were doing not that much different. They were really a bad team to lose to today - don't know how we did it, kind of reminded me of the loss in the CL final of 2007 that I felt we should have win. If anything the last 30 minutes showed that we should have won game hands down.

We were shite until big Andy came on yesterday. If he can play like that more often than not then we've got a beast of a player on our hands.

Kenny likes to imagine he is a master tactician but he isn't. His starting lineup was crap. He should have picked a team that was going to score goals and win the match. That's what Fergie does every time.

Kenny likes to imagine he is a master tactician but he isn't. His starting lineup was crap. He should have picked a team that was going to score goals and win the match. That's what Fergie does every time.

Blimey you've gone over into the dark side, Portly. Mind-reading AND calling Ginsoak 'Fergie'. You'll be choosing a bottle of red wine next.

Apart from last Monday night.

Blimey you've gone over into the dark side, Portly. Mind-reading AND calling Ginsoak 'Fergie'. You'll be choosing a bottle of red wine next.
I don't actually feel much animosity towards Fergie. After all, if he had been our manager for two decades and won all those trophies for us, we would love the socks off him.

It was naughty of him to stitch up Suarez but I feel more angry at the FA for being his blazer-clad puppets.

I don't actually feel much animosity towards Fergie. After all, if he had been our manager for two decades and won all those trophies for us, we would love the socks off him.

It was naughty of him to stitch up Suarez but I feel more angry at the FA for being his blazer-clad puppets.

You also love Lady GaGa, ergo, you're a raving loon!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom