• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

7 and below: what players have impressed you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwake

Well-Known
Was thinking about all the players that have impressed me from the teams seven and below for me:

Watford's midfielder Doucoure
Newcastle forward Allain Saint-Maximum
Aston Villa defender Tyrone Mings
Arsenal's midfielder Guendouzi

Any other decent players from outside the top six that could play in a Klopp team?

Soyuncu - Leicester i know above 7
Adama Traore - Norwich
That Goldilocks player for Norwich

United are joint 7th :)

Mason Greenwood looks a talent (unfortunately). My scum-supporting mate texted me from the ground when Greenwood scored today telling me how great he's gonna be. I texted him back saying "he does look good and will probably develop well over the next 2 seasons at United before progressing to a top European team." I don't think we're mates anymore.

Southampton winger Djenepo
Then there's obviously Cantwell but he's built like Mcmanaman and isn't fit to play 90 mins. Grealish.
Max Aarons.
None of them are good enough for us, yet.

Mcginn for sure.
That norwich curly haired midfielder that modo mentioned is ace too.
Yes he his. I love watching players who are comfortable with the ball and have superb ball control skills. Firmino, Wijnaldum, Salah etc.
Cantwell is very impressive, but he has the same problem Maddison and Grealish have. No, it's not that they're English...
I used the word "finesse" before to describe them in that they're great to watch in attack but they're not that great all-round. They can all be lazy at times, especially defensively and they're not that quick off the ball. Also I'm not a fan of their attitude. Klopp has got me loving work-horses now.
Tenacious midfielder who seem to always be running but also have that ball carrying quality. Wijnaldum for me is almost the perfect midfielder and I believe that's why Klopp wanted Minamino. The man puts a shift in when he's on the pitch, but he's also creative.
That's also why Klopp loves Lallana.

Watching MOTD, fuck me Traore is built like a tank. Buy him!!!
However, Traore needs to work on the defensive side as MOTD highlighted. It was his fault that spurs scored the winner.

Last edited:
Watching MOTD, fuck me Traore is built like a tank. Buy him!!!
However, Traore needs to work on the defensive side as MOTD highlighted. It was his fault that spurs scored the winner.

I wanted him the first time I saw him play at Borough, no one on here even wanted him then, but every time I saw him play - I thought he was going to do something. MOTD are so full of shit at times, when they beat Man City, they praised him for his defensive work etc, and he was very good and it got highlighted. Yeah today he was a bit clueless about the Spurs guy behind him, but I think they made too much out of it.

My Brother In Law - thinks he is just too much muscle for a footballer - not normal. But would love to have him but at the moment we have Shaq and Mo covering that area, and VVD can deal with him.

Mcginn for sure.
That norwich curly haired midfielder that modo mentioned is ace too.
Mcginn and grealish from villa.

Michail Antonio from West Ham
Yeah McGinn definitely looks like a great player, Grealish looks good too but does he have the discipline to play for 90 mins in a Klopp team? Coutinho scored a great hatrick for Bayern on the weekend but he was always one of the first players Klopp would hook off.
West hand Antonio could be a good one, he definitely has the physicality and endurance and always got in good positions to score goals against is which suggests he has good levels of intelligence too

Emiliano Buendia should feature in Ian Graham's database I guess?

[article]Most take-ons completed: Premier League 2019/20
1. Wilfried Zaha: 74 take-ons completed (1375 minutes)
2. Adama Traore: 71 take-ons completed (1280 minutes)
3. Allan Saint-Maximin: 54 take-ons completed (820 minutes)
4. Emiliano Buendía: 49 take-ons completed (1248 minutes)

Most chances created: Premier League 2019/20
1. Kevin De Bruyne: 63 chances created (1316 minutes)
2. Trent Alexander-Arnold: 52 chances created (1483 minutes)
3. James Maddison: 43 chances created (1414 minutes)
4. Lucas Digne: 42 chances created (1440 minutes)
5. Emiliano Buendia: 41 chances created (1248 minutes)

Current assist leaders: Premier League 2019/20
1. Kevin De Bruyne: 10 assists (1,317 minutes)
2. Son Heung-Min: 7 assists (1,238 minutes)
3. David Silva: 6 assists (1,018 minutes)
4. Trent Alexander-Arnold: 6 assists (1,483 minutes)
5. Andrew Robertson: 5 assists (1,457 minutes)
6. Emiliano Buendia: 5 assists (1,249 minutes)[/article]

Yeah McGinn definitely looks like a great player, Grealish looks good too but does he have the discipline to play for 90 mins in a Klopp team? Coutinho scored a great hatrick for Bayern on the weekend but he was always one of the first players Klopp would hook off.
West hand Antonio could be a good one, he definitely has the physicality and endurance and always got in good positions to score goals against is which suggests he has good levels of intelligence too

Grealish has the arrogance you need to be a top player and works hard. If he was he wasn't English (or Irish) the clamour would be higher. McGinn reminds me of a young milner.

I misread the thread intent at first and was wondering "Who the fuck is watching Under 7s matches?"

I can't be bothered watching the U23s.

Grealish has the arrogance you need to be a top player and works hard. If he was he wasn't English (or Irish) the clamour would be higher. McGinn reminds me of a young milner.

Fair enough to be fair I've only seen snippets of him, if he has the work rate then that's a bonus because I agree technically he looks great, but Im guessing Villa will want Harry Maguire fee for anyone that wants to buy him though...

Fair enough to be fair I've only seen snippets of him, if he has the work rate then that's a bonus because I agree technically he looks great, but Im guessing Villa will want Harry Maguire fee for anyone that wants to buy him though...

It will probably be 50 million minimum for each of those players.

McGinn reminds me of a young milner.

Exactly what I thought when I watched him play

Guaita (Palace keeper) has been good
Mousset from Sheffield Utd
Connolly from Brighton looks like a talent
Jimenez but he was ace last season already

Aarons of Norwich and Gibbs-White at Wolves have looked sharp for their age when I've seen them.

Traore has stepped up over the last 12 months also, although I've overhyped this lad for years its nice to see him starting to deliver in the Premier League.

McGinn is the one player I can imagine in this team at some point. It's like having another Robbo, only in midfield. Ignoring the OP's "top 7" rule, some other young players I quite like are Leicester's Chilwell, Arsenal's Martinelli, Tammy Abraham and Tomori at Chelsea, Cantwell at Norwich and Djenepo at Saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom