1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

A spanking or OGS forever?

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by Dee, Oct 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

Which would you prefer; to smash United 6-0 thus getting OGS sacked or take a 0-0 draw to “show that there’s light at the end of the tunnel” and OGS stays forever?

2. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

Spanking please ! Doesn't matter who their manager is, it's not going to change overnight, there are years left in this schadenfreudian delight. Hopefully 30+ years.

3. got red on me

got red on me Very Active Member

Hmmmm...maintain 100% record and hurt those cunts, severely, or....what?!

redsar, Hansern and Insignificance like this.
  4. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

They sack OGS and hire someone competent

5. got red on me

got red on me Very Active Member

I'll take the 3 points and humiliation please.

Dee likes this.
  6. Insignificance

Insignificance Bad to the bone Member

They will sooner or later hire someone competent, but it is just a question if they give him time to do a proper rebuild. I have been critical to all the four latest manager appointments and got it pretty much spot on.

Moyes - No matter who you brought in it would have been difficult. Especially with Ferguson lurking around and having a stand (opposite the bench so it is visible to the new manager everytime they loose a game) named after him. But David Moyes? Football is luckily not that easy.

LVG - My Manc friends cheered the Netherlands trashing of Spain in the world cup the summer he finished the Netherlands job and started the United one as a new PL title. But I have seen LVG in work. He just bore people to death, and he dictate everything. There will be no freedome for any player to roam. He managed Barcelona a year Iived in Spain and this guy is truly a micromanaging character. However it didn't help Barca at all and for every post match press conference the fluent Spanish speaking Dutchman brought a translator so all questions were translated and hence the temperature just died out. One game they were 3-0 down 20 minutes from time and he made a substitution. When cameras zoomed into the touchline his asstance went through a whole book of instructions to the poor guy coming on. If he was supposed to be capable to absorbe all that info and then turn around the 3-0 in 20 minutes maybe he should have started the match?

Mourinho - This time my Manc friends was sceptical, but they were willing to take him as it meant they were secured a League title. And after a very bright start they actually tought he had changed from sosiopath to a likeable humble guy. Not so much it paaned out and after his first season they started to loose interest in footie.

Solskjær - What a crazy choice. People over here just laughed, but with that bright start they actually started to believe... Talk turned around and people praised him as if he could walk on water.... Again not so much. People hardly remembered what he did at Cardiff, and those who did anyway blamed that on Cardif...

So who next? Allegri as a strong character but defensive approach? Pochettino drained after 5 hard working years at Spurs? Wenger, who while he is a capable character he would still be ripped apart for every defensively mistake they do? Simeone who will need to adjust and settle in a country he doesn't know the language? Tuchel? Jardim? Will they go for another unproven one and risk the same crash and burn proscess as they are experiencing now? Will they go for a proven Italian character who likes it better in Italy anyway? Whatever their next move is it is going to be a huge risk and take time. They will be a force to reckon ones again, but there are no guarantess that the next appointment is the one that sorts things out. However, it is hard to say what a successrate is at this stage, is it to challenge for top 4? That should be achievable for probably all mentioned above with those resources at hand.

7. LeTallecWiz

LeTallecWiz Mo(ssa)d Administrator

8. dilbert

dilbert I tinker, therefore I am Member

small margin vs big margin win, debatable.
    dropping precious points should not be considered for whatever reason

9. Hansern

Hansern Part of the Furniture Member

Spanking, humiliation, OGS to cry, Old Toilet to burn, Redcafe in meltdown and then strolling in to work on Monday like a baws.

Always!

Insignificance likes this.
  10. doctor_mac

doctor_mac My cowboy name is Garland Justice Moderator

We can't be thinking about United. Smash them like a truck hitting some unlucky wildlife that has strayed into its path and don't even look in the rearview mirror as we cruise onto our destination.

11. Insignificance

I think you will find in this game a geniun support for Liverpool from both set of fans :D

12. manwithnoname

manwithnoname Bravo old man. Bravo. Member

I'm always impressed/ irritated by those 4-D chess master strategist types.

I'm pretty sure some of them were saying they wanted United to beat PSG in that amazing game in Europe last season, because that would almost certainly force Ed's hand (and therefore that of the Glazers) into giving Ole the job full time and ignore the claims of better managers.

And they were right!

But I can't think like that. I just like seeing United getting snotted, and also, at that moment in time, I perceive the risk as too great: what if they fucking win it!?

It's the same when people want other teams to progress further and then "lose in the semi", because it's more games, injuries, tiredness, and "it'll be funnier when they get battered by Barcelona/ Ajax/ Us/ Whoever and crush their dreams" and blah blah blah.

Yeah, fuck that. I'm sure some cunts on The Fume, GOT and Red cafe said that too, and then we went and won it (again).

Tinto, Dirty Sanchez and tombrown like this.
  13. Hyena

Hyena Well-Known Member

The answer is obvious.

6-0.

And Big Sam.

darkstarexodus likes this.
  14. tombrown

tombrown Very Well-Known Member

The answer is obvious.

6-0.

And Woy.

darkstarexodus and refugee like this.
  15. Hansern

Hansern Part of the Furniture Member

6-0,

and Tim Sherwood

16. Insignificance

Bring in Gary Neville. He has unique experience from highest level in Spain. Unique in loosing 7-0 in a league game. Hardly anyone does that anymore.

17. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

Anything other than us winning a game that brings us closer to the title is retarded

18. binomial

binomial Very Active Member

FFS how is this even a question...., he isn't gonna stay forever is he?

19. Holle

Holle Please leave my town Member

6-0 and Lucas as player manager.

dantes and darkstarexodus like this.
  20. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

Muller them first and think about the rest afterwards.

Even if they replace Ole Gunnar Get Them Relegated with someone up to the job (and unlike Insig I reckon Pochettino would do well there - building sides/clubs is his forte and I think he'd be massively relieved to get out from under Levy) it'll take quite a while anyway for them to dig themselves out of the pit they've dropped into.

Either way, though, it's sometimes possible to spend so much time looking ahead that one neglects immediate concerns right in front of one's nose.  We have a game upcoming against the scum, and IMO we should just zero in on leaving them as roadkill in our wake.  Anything less than that from us and we risk selling ourselves short on this day of all days.  That.  Must.  Not.  Happen.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    Ukrainian by marriage likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.