• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A spanking or OGS forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Which would you prefer; to smash United 6-0 thus getting OGS sacked or take a 0-0 draw to “show that there’s light at the end of the tunnel” and OGS stays forever?

Spanking please ! Doesn't matter who their manager is, it's not going to change overnight, there are years left in this schadenfreudian delight. Hopefully 30+ years.

They sack OGS and hire someone competent

They will sooner or later hire someone competent, but it is just a question if they give him time to do a proper rebuild. I have been critical to all the four latest manager appointments and got it pretty much spot on.

Moyes - No matter who you brought in it would have been difficult. Especially with Ferguson lurking around and having a stand (opposite the bench so it is visible to the new manager everytime they loose a game) named after him. But David Moyes? Football is luckily not that easy.

LVG - My Manc friends cheered the Netherlands trashing of Spain in the world cup the summer he finished the Netherlands job and started the United one as a new PL title. But I have seen LVG in work. He just bore people to death, and he dictate everything. There will be no freedome for any player to roam. He managed Barcelona a year Iived in Spain and this guy is truly a micromanaging character. However it didn't help Barca at all and for every post match press conference the fluent Spanish speaking Dutchman brought a translator so all questions were translated and hence the temperature just died out. One game they were 3-0 down 20 minutes from time and he made a substitution. When cameras zoomed into the touchline his asstance went through a whole book of instructions to the poor guy coming on. If he was supposed to be capable to absorbe all that info and then turn around the 3-0 in 20 minutes maybe he should have started the match?

Mourinho - This time my Manc friends was sceptical, but they were willing to take him as it meant they were secured a League title. And after a very bright start they actually tought he had changed from sosiopath to a likeable humble guy. Not so much it paaned out and after his first season they started to loose interest in footie.

Solskjær - What a crazy choice. People over here just laughed, but with that bright start they actually started to believe... Talk turned around and people praised him as if he could walk on water.... Again not so much. People hardly remembered what he did at Cardiff, and those who did anyway blamed that on Cardif...

So who next? Allegri as a strong character but defensive approach? Pochettino drained after 5 hard working years at Spurs? Wenger, who while he is a capable character he would still be ripped apart for every defensively mistake they do? Simeone who will need to adjust and settle in a country he doesn't know the language? Tuchel? Jardim? Will they go for another unproven one and risk the same crash and burn proscess as they are experiencing now? Will they go for a proven Italian character who likes it better in Italy anyway? Whatever their next move is it is going to be a huge risk and take time. They will be a force to reckon ones again, but there are no guarantess that the next appointment is the one that sorts things out. However, it is hard to say what a successrate is at this stage, is it to challenge for top 4? That should be achievable for probably all mentioned above with those resources at hand.

small margin vs big margin win, debatable.
dropping precious points should not be considered for whatever reason

Spanking, humiliation, OGS to cry, Old Toilet to burn, Redcafe in meltdown and then strolling in to work on Monday like a baws.

Always!

I'm always impressed/ irritated by those 4-D chess master strategist types.

I'm pretty sure some of them were saying they wanted United to beat PSG in that amazing game in Europe last season, because that would almost certainly force Ed's hand (and therefore that of the Glazers) into giving Ole the job full time and ignore the claims of better managers.

And they were right!

But I can't think like that. I just like seeing United getting snotted, and also, at that moment in time, I perceive the risk as too great: what if they fucking win it!?

It's the same when people want other teams to progress further and then "lose in the semi", because it's more games, injuries, tiredness, and "it'll be funnier when they get battered by Barcelona/ Ajax/ Us/ Whoever and crush their dreams" and blah blah blah.

Yeah, fuck that. I'm sure some cunts on The Fume, GOT and Red cafe said that too, and then we went and won it (again).

Bring in Gary Neville. He has unique experience from highest level in Spain. Unique in loosing 7-0 in a league game. Hardly anyone does that anymore.

Anything other than us winning a game that brings us closer to the title is retarded

Muller them first and think about the rest afterwards.

Even if they replace Ole Gunnar Get Them Relegated with someone up to the job (and unlike Insig I reckon Pochettino would do well there - building sides/clubs is his forte and I think he'd be massively relieved to get out from under Levy) it'll take quite a while anyway for them to dig themselves out of the pit they've dropped into.

Either way, though, it's sometimes possible to spend so much time looking ahead that one neglects immediate concerns right in front of one's nose. We have a game upcoming against the scum, and IMO we should just zero in on leaving them as roadkill in our wake. Anything less than that from us and we risk selling ourselves short on this day of all days. That. Must. Not. Happen.

Last edited:
I know the OP is only creating conversation but the answer is always the same; Win the game that is in front of you. Therefore we want to thrash united even if it means Solskjaer will be sacked. If he stays on, even better.

I also want our rivals knocked out of all competitions as soon as possible. Why? Coz fuck them, that's why.

Realistic OGS replacements are also not exactly falling off trees, either. Especially mid-season.

Top managers who are available because they're "having a year off" (like Klopp) aren't common. Allegri? Anyone else?
And those that might jump ship mid-season? That's usually expensive and risky too - with no guarantees they'd come and all the issues of getting to know the players and bringing in their own staff and blah blah.

Seems more sensible to make a change in summer, when you have more options and can make more of a considered decision, but mind you, when the fuck have United done that recently?

Realistic OGS replacements are also not exactly falling off trees, either. Especially mid-season.

Top managers who are available because they're "having a year off" (like Klopp) aren't common. Allegri? Anyone else?
And those that might jump ship mid-season? That's usually expensive and risky too - with no guarantees they'd come and all the issues of getting to know the players and bringing in their own staff and blah blah.

Seems more sensible to make a change in summer, when you have more options and can make more of a considered decision, but mind you, when the fuck have United done that recently?

True. But they are lurking 2 points above relegation, and the guy at the wheel is assisted by Phelan and Carrick who isn't exactly the kind you want to see step in midway to steer them throughout the season? So a few more of the appalling performances and they will not have any choice but to do something.

True. But they are lurking 2 points above relegation, and the guy at the wheel is assisted by Phelan and Carrick who isn't exactly the kind you want to see step in midway to steer them throughout the season? So a few more of the appalling performances and they will not have any choice but to do something.

Oh yeah, it will become untenable if the results carry on like this, just how long is the first question.

And who next the most interesting.

Probably fucking Ryan Giggs as caretaker until summer, and then he'll get a few flukey results and Rio, Gary and co will be all like "GIGGSY IS THE MAN!"

Tbh I just want three points.

6-0 is great, but this week I learned that a contentious penalty in the 92nd minute can equally bring joy...

Their squad is fucking gash. It doesn't matter if when they sack the little nobhead, they're not going to win anything for years because all the players are shite.

Their squad is fucking gash. It doesn't matter if when they sack the little nobhead, they're not going to win anything for years because all the players are shite.

True. And even if I don't want to switch any victory I still hope they keep him for some weeks longer. This is so good. There has been so many BIG words about his poetntial as a manager over here that I want it burried forever. That fucking slime eel who indirectly has been involved that a rapist fled the country. Fuck him!

What about all their young stars of the future? Just wait until Jesse Lingard comes into his peak!

Possibly around December this year, when Jesse Lingard will turn 27 (which is only two less than the total amount of goals he has ever scored for them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom