• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adam Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool STALL on move for Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana

ADAM LALLANA'S transfer to Liverpool is in doubt as Brendan Rodgers is refusing to meet Southampton's £30m valuation.

By: Alex Harris
Published: Sun, June 22, 2014

SOCCER-England-Lallana--484087.jpg

England international Lallana's move to Liverpool is in doubt due to Southampton's £30m valuation[PA]

According to reports, the Anfield club believe the fee for the England international is too high and are now looking at alternative signings.

Lallana, 26, was Brendan Rodgers' top target due to his desire to add to his England contingent and bring in talented attacking players who can fill a number of positions.

But the Kop boss has baulked at the price he has been quoted and won't offer higher than £25m for the player who has come off the bench twice at the World Cup for England.

Liverpool have now turned their attention to a number of similar players such as Switzerland star Xherdan Shaqiri and Hoffenheim's Brazilian playmaker Roberto Firmino.

To further throw the deal into doubt, new Saints boss Ronald Koeman is a big fan of Lallana and is desperate to build his side around the versatile midfielder.

----------------------------------

Please sign him.

I really REALLY dont want shaqiri. I wanted lallana but im glad we're gonna walk away if thats how much southampton want. But shaqiri is definitely not the answer.

I really REALLY dont want shaqiri. I wanted lallana but im glad we're gonna walk away if thats how much southampton want. But shaqiri is definitely not the answer.
Shaqiri was tearing shit up a few years ago at basle. All he needs is regular playing time and a system to help his creativity.

Southampton are being fools to themselves over this. Lallana's a good player but, if this move falls through because of sheer greed on their part after we offered £25 mill, he's going to be mightily cheesed off with them for scuppering a move he badly wanted. If his performances suffer as a result Southampton will have a declining asset on their hands, especially at his age.

Shaqiri was tearing shit up a few years ago at basle. All he needs is regular playing time and a system to help his creativity.

Exactly what a Swiss fella I know has been saying. He really wants the guy to come to us as he reckons it'll benefit him, hence also their national team, big-time.

As a youth he looked a really exciting player, I remember on here loads of us were raving about him. It's fair to say he hasn't developed as many thought, and certainly as I thought, but he's still got the skills. I just haven't seen anywhere near enough of him recently to have a good idea as to how he'd do over here.

Southampton are being fools to themselves over this. Lallana's a good player but, if this move falls through because of sheer greed on their part after we offered £25 mill, he's going to be mightily cheesed off with them for scuppering a move he badly wanted. If his performances suffer as a result Southampton will have a declining asset on their hands, especially at his age.
Or he could play a fantastic season and score 31 goals...

In theory yes, hence "If his performances suffer". The likelihood of that actually happening - and the question of how much difference it would actually make to them even if he did - are other matters though.

Lallana is a lot more important to Southampton than us. If he and Lovren leave, it's confirmation that the dream has gone with Pochettino. He'll leave an Alonso-sized hole in their heart.

For us, we aren't starved of talent in his position. We don't need to spend the really big money there. So to me, the move doesn't make sense, much as I like this player very much.

Do I need to tell people this deal isn't happening?

I know Hansern has probably confirmed the deal about 13 times at this stage, but in all reality we know this isn't happening.

Liverpool are being fools to themselves over this. Suarez's a good player but, if this move falls through because of sheer greed on their part after we offered £40,000,001, he's going to be mightily cheesed off with them for scuppering a move he badly wanted. If his performances suffer as a result Liverpool will have a declining asset on their hands, especially at his age.

Sorry - couldn't resist

I'd welcome his signing, but I musy admit I'm still a little unsure of how Rodgers intends fitting him in.

I'm assuming Rodgers is going to settle on the diamond formation (4-3-1-2) as the main system for next season, maybe varying it up here and there. But essentially, for the 4-3-1-2 to work properly, your holding midfielder must be flanked by to hard working, shuttling midfielders. The Italians call them Carilero's - tireless, unsung heroes who work box-to-box, but also have to cover the flanks and support the fullbacks. Henderson and Allen are brilliant at this, and suit the system perfectly. When we signed (almost) Emre Can, my immediate thought was that he'd fit perfectly into the squad in this role, and slowly challenge Henderson and Allen in these roles. So the 3 of them fight for these 2 spots.

In front of these 3 you have the slightly deeper number 10, playing behind the strikers. Requires a clever player who works hard enough that he can support both the midfield and the front 2. Sterling has been brilliant in this position, and Coutinho is a natural fit for this position - so the two of them fight for this spot.

So where does Lallana fit in? Does Rodgers want to use him in a deeper role to become one of the shuttling midfielders next to Gerrard? Like Seedorf's role in the Milan side 05 - 07. Or does he see him as someone he can turn to on the bench to come on and unlock games (25 - 30 mil for player used more as a sub seems unreal).

Or maybe I've got it all wrong and Rodgers won't play the above system at all.

I'd welcome his signing, but I musy admit I'm still a little unsure of how Rodgers intends fitting him in.

I'm assuming Rodgers is going to settle on the diamond formation (4-3-1-2) as the main system for next season, maybe varying it up here and there. But essentially, for the 4-3-1-2 to work properly, your holding midfielder must be flanked by to hard working, shuttling midfielders. The Italians call them Carilero's - tireless, unsung heroes who work box-to-box, but also have to cover the flanks and support the fullbacks. Henderson and Allen are brilliant at this, and suit the system perfectly. When we signed (almost) Emre Can, my immediate thought was that he'd fit perfectly into the squad in this role, and slowly challenge Henderson and Allen in these roles. So the 3 of them fight for these 2 spots.

In front of these 3 you have the slightly deeper number 10, playing behind the strikers. Requires a clever player who works hard enough that he can support both the midfield and the front 2. Sterling has been brilliant in this position, and Coutinho is a natural fit for this position - so the two of them fight for this spot.

So where does Lallana fit in? Does Rodgers want to use him in a deeper role to become one of the shuttling midfielders next to Gerrard? Like Seedorf's role in the Milan side 05 - 07. Or does he see him as someone he can turn to on the bench to come on and unlock games (25 - 30 mil for player used more as a sub seems unreal).

He can play in Allen, Coutinho or Sterling's position in either a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2.

He'd play in a few roles, but he's definitely a lot better than allen. I can see allen spending a lot of time on the bench next season if we get lallana. Actually i can see allen a lot of time on the bench even if we don't.

Telegraph: Southampton midfielder Adam Lallana set to complete £25m move to ‪#‎lfc‬. Talks now at advanced stage, could even be completed today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom