• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adam Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll judge the management team based on the transfer window on the whole. In terms of Lallana, I don't think it really matters who else comes in. He has to be judged on his own merits.

Allen had a lot of people backing him and besides looking silky on the ball and a handful of good performances, we haven't had a whole lot to show for that transfer. At least he had youth on his side though.

Lallana is 26 now and we're paying 25M now. If we're hanging about for 12-18 months for him to show his worth, that's too long. I'm sure I'll be thought of as stupid or a bad fan for saying that, but for me it's just the reality of the situation. Given the circumstances, he needs to come in and perform. No excuses.

I know this, I'm talking from the angle of whether it has a knock on effect on who else we bring in. Of course he deserves to be judged on his merit and in terms of the fee, which again, I think is excessive.

I'm not really sold on Lallana. Doesn't really excite me. 25m also seems a bit too much. Meh. Let's support him and see how he gets along. Hopefully he shocks me with his quality and end product.

BrJBsrsIcAEhH86.jpg:large

I don't care if we're paying them in instalments or not. It's fucking £25 million.

We'll judge the management team based on results next season, not on who we the fans think or don't think is a good buy or suited to the team.

Ultimately yes, but in the meanwhile yes we will be judging the management team on the transfer window because we're not going to wait until May to have an opinion (whether it's voiced on here or not).

Daniel up top on his own with sterling behind like 1st half of Italy game. Lallana Hendo and coutinho behind. Then Allen or Stevie. ????

Well, they could start like this:

------------- Gerrard ----------------
---- Henderson -- Lallana --------
Sterling -- Sturridge -- Coutinho

And then Lallana / Coutinho and Lallana / Sterling could swap around in game at times. Both Sterling and Coutinho started their LFC careers out wide, so they aren't positions new to them. There's a fair bit of mobility and interchangeability between the three guys there. Allen will be an important player for us as well in the rotation.

It'll be interesting which other attacking player(s) we bring in to add to the mix.

Well, they could start like this:

------------- Gerrard ----------------
---- Henderson -- Lallana --------
Sterling -- Sturridge -- Coutinho

And then Lallana / Coutinho and Lallana / Sterling could swap around in game at times. Both Sterling and Coutinho started their LFC careers out wide, so they aren't positions new to them. There's a fair bit of mobility and interchangeability between the three guys there. Allen will be an important player for us as well in the rotation.

It'll be interesting which other attacking player(s) we bring in to add to the mix.

That's it.

I know we are missing Suarez goals but we don't have to score 4 in every game if we stop letting in 3.

That's it.

I know we are missing Suarez goals but we don't have to score 4 in every game if we stop letting in 3.
So basically we're replacing Suarez with Lallana. Well that's gonna be interesting

I'd start like

--------------------Mignolet

Johnson----Skrtel-----Sakho------New LB

---------------------Gerrard

--------------------Henderson

---------------------Lallana

----Sterling--------Suarez

---------------------Sturridge

I'd start like

--------------------Mignolet

Johnson----Skrtel-----Sakho------New LB

---------------------Gerrard

--------------------Henderson

---------------------Lallana

----Sterling--------Suarez

---------------------Sturridge

The old 'pogo stick for a one-legged man' formation.

How about give him a fucking chance.....could prove to be a waste of money or money very well spent.
He's never gonna live up to his fee.
That's it. I really hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

He's never gonna live up to his fee.
That's it. I really hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

This is exactly my thought, this seems like one of those transfers that will eternally be saddled by an inflated fee.

Best case scenario, we get what we paid for, no more. That's not great business.

This is exactly my thought, this seems like one of those transfers that will eternally be saddled by an inflated fee.

Best case scenario, we get what we paid for, no more. That's not great business.

That's a selling club attitude. We should be buying players to win competitions, not to make a profit.

We're buying a someone who can do a decent job between the lines or in the hole or whatever.
I'm fairly confident that he'll do a decent job for us. But that fee is gonna be weighing down on him and he's not got the same amount of time that Henderson did.

It's a lot of money and I'm not convinced but there's zero point in writing him off this early, he was certainly impressive at points last season, fingers crossed Rodgers can eke some more out of him.

can, lambert, lallana + shaqiri/Sanchez/origi/Lovren

On paper, that's a pretty promising summer if we can snag us a shaqiri / Sanchez and bring in a classy defender or two

That's a selling club attitude. We should be buying players to win competitions, not to make a profit.

Do you think that he's the one ingredient that's missing?
I see both Lallana and Lambert as squad fillers.

No, that's the attitude every club without bottomless pockets should have.

Otherwise it's just ignorance on our part to overlook it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom