• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Alisson injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I snapped my Achilles tendon in 2016. At the time it felt like I had been hit across the back of my leg with a cricket bat. That was literally the only pain I felt during the 28 week healing process. I had to hobble about 200 yards and navigate a small flight of stone steps immediately after the injury. Your leg and foot are still there for support, and it is possible to move, however there is no push with your toes, your foot is just a dangly thing at the end of the leg. I was 53 years old, overweight and very unfit at the time, far from some kind of super-human. I chose to avoid surgery and was out of plaster after around 24 weeks. It was a good 12 months before I was fully confident in using my right leg and even today, I hesitate before pushing off at times.

I snapped my Achilles tendon in 2016. At the time it felt like I had been hit across the back of my leg with a cricket bat. That was literally the only pain I felt during the 28 week healing process. I had to hobble about 200 yards and navigate a small flight of stone steps immediately after the injury. Your leg and foot are still there for support, and it is possible to move, however there is no push with your toes, your foot is just a dangly thing at the end of the leg. I was 53 years old, overweight and very unfit at the time, far from some kind of super-human. I chose to avoid surgery and was out of plaster after around 24 weeks. It was a good 12 months before I was fully confident in using my right leg and even today, I hesitate before pushing off at times.
That's one of the injuries I fear the most.

Sounds like you should have had the op

He didnt look like somebody who had just ruptured his achilles. We should know definitively in the next 24 hours though, if the club start any cryptic shite like they did with Ox we will know hes fucked.

Reactions: dee
He didnt look like somebody who had just ruptured his achilles. We should know definitively in the next 24 hours though, if the club start any cryptic shite like they did with Ox we will know hes fucked.

Between the final moments when you last saw him until the time he underwent a scan, our medical team will have had several hours to poke and prod at his foot and adminster their own early stage treatments. Anything, literally anything short of having months left to live could be the prognosis at this point.

if you follow the NBA, he walked just like Durant walked when he ruptured his in the NBA Finals .... However, Durant clutched his Achilles straight away ... Did allison do that, or just focus on his calf?

Alisson did focus on his calf, but its worrying that the journos are saying we still dont know the exact injury and that they are also checking for damage to the achilles tendon.

Wont be surprised if its the worst case scenario...

Looks like bringing in Adrian could turn out to be the best bit of business this summer if he can fill the void.

He won't mess about at the back & try heart wrenching tricks like Alisson has done, his distribution 2nd half was good. It's just whether he can organise a back 4 and command as well.

I did my calf in skiing and it felt like I'd been kicked from behind. Hurt like fuck for a few days but was sound after a few weeks.

Alisson Becker will be sidelined for ‘the next few weeks’ due to the calf injury he sustained during Friday’s win over Norwich City, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

And Klopp expects to be without the Brazil international for a period of weeks.
“[It’s] Not too cool. It’s a calf injury which takes him obviously out for a while,” the boss told Liverpoolfc.com.
“I don’t want to make now [an] exact prognosis on when he will be back but it will not be Wednesday for sure, so now then we have to see. It takes a while, it takes a couple weeks for sure, and we have to see.

“I saw already like ‘six weeks’ and stuff like this, but Ali was not a lot injured in his career so I would like to wait a little bit to see how he develops in that process now, but he is not in for the next few weeks.”

Alisson Becker will be sidelined for ‘the next few weeks’ due to the calf injury he sustained during Friday’s win over Norwich City, Jürgen Klopp has confirmed.

And Klopp expects to be without the Brazil international for a period of weeks.
“[It’s] Not too cool. It’s a calf injury which takes him obviously out for a while,” the boss told Liverpoolfc.com.
“I don’t want to make now [an] exact prognosis on when he will be back but it will not be Wednesday for sure, so now then we have to see. It takes a while, it takes a couple weeks for sure, and we have to see.

“I saw already like ‘six weeks’ and stuff like this, but Ali was not a lot injured in his career so I would like to wait a little bit to see how he develops in that process now, but he is not in for the next few weeks.”

I read that days ago. We need info that is hot, smoking, from the press.

No, its from the official site and the latest update.

Thank God its weeks and not months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom