• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Andy Carroll In Danger Yo !

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're about three years away from being a title contender, so anyone who is likely to be worse in three years time should be expendable.

I think the point is: big clubs replace before they sell.
And they have strength in depth.
If you haven't got Rooney and Berbatov you do not sell Carlos Tevez. Simple.

Mr Rodgers:

"There has been a lot written about Andy, but you saw today he's happy to be here and he's worked very well since he's been here. "The reality is he's still a Liverpool player, he can fit into how I want to play, and he's happy here. "I'm certainly not wishing to push him out of the door."​

Progressed when we sold Rushie though despite all the 'Rush must stay' protests and selling club accusations.
That sale more or less paid for Barnes, Beardsley and Aldo.

The difference there Larry was the plan; we quite simply knew what we wanted to do and we were confident the players would come. That's not a selling club; Rushie had spent years with us proving himself perhaps the greatest goal poacher we'd ever seen - he wanted to try something different. We knew who we would get in and how good they were.

What's being proposed here is that people are suggesting "anyone is saleable if the fee is good", "anyone who's going to be worth less in 3 years can be sold", "for 20m I'd sell both of them (Agger and Skrtel)" etc. None of these ideas have got any plan to them - they're just a means of increasing the pot of money. Selling Agger and Skrtel borders on the ludicrous - we won't get much better if at all and we certainly won't do it in 2 weeks. That attitude - unlike the one which saw Rushie head overseas - is one of a selling club.

If we're going to take this approach then let the owners explain it and we'll all understand. Just don't pretend otherwise and tell the posters supporting it wake up with their rubbish suggestions that we'll be contenders in a few seasons.That approach will ensure we are never contenders again!!!

Why do you want him to stay if he dosen't fit in the managers plan? Do you want the manager to change his plan because of Carroll?
Well I hope he figures in Rodgers plans is all. Because I believe he's got massive potential and will score us loads of goals under the right conditions.

I think selling both would be just mad - like on a scale of 1-100 - it would be 100% madness becuase it means we would be selling off our defence. On the other hand - if it is just Agger then its worth thinking about - ONLY becuse of his injury record and current age. However, we should all take heed from what Wizardry is saying because remember what happened to us when we sold Xabi Alonso - we went to absolute sh*t, selling our midfield controller. Those of you who remember the first season in which Xabi played - if you recall there was a period of 6 weeks at the start of the season when SG was out injured and it was Xabi who was doing all the work to keep us hanging on by controlling games. Never sell players who are part of or are the integral cog of the team - its a rule.

Well I hope he figures in Rodgers plans is all. Because I believe he's got massive potential and will score us loads of goals under the right conditions.

Borini-Carroll-Suarez?

I think Carroll is too stupid (as in no vision), slow and he hasn't got the movement in that formation.

Borini-Carroll-Suarez?

I think Carroll is too stupid (as in no vision), slow and he hasn't got the movement in that formation.

With Gerrard in behind Carroll that is exactly the formation I am hoping to see come kick-off.

Goals goals goals.

Moron, I think you have entered the wrong thread.

Sorry I have, I thought it was the Agger thread about him leaving. As its Carroll - yes please get rid of him and sell him as quickly as possible while people show an interest. It was a big mistake getting him.

There was some twit on the radio just now saying how Newcastle fans would welcome him back with open arms because they're always so loyal and respectful. Christ knows where he's been at match days but it can't be St James's - Andy would be insane to want to play for those bitter nutters again. Mind you, Fudgie saying you can stay is like Brutus telling Caesar he's right behind him.

I dont think anything is going to put is in contention. I certainly dont think telling a manager who has managed 38 games in the top flight of any league and 130 games total that he can sell everyone and sign cheap replacements is going to do it.

I understand what you are saying Ross. I just disagree. There are players we should keep. And those are the young ones and the ones who actually perform for us.

Rodgers has only managed a grand total of 130 games?!

*suddenly scared*

It was a very good gamble at the time. But now up close he no longer seems so bright, nor does he look that young to be fair about it.
This is the truth.
Now he looks like an overweight bogger from Carnlough making the same fuck ups as the aul cunts weve had fucking us up for years.
And im yet to see the chunky cunt in a suit.

Hahahaha, thats bonkers. He's managed us for 3 friendlies and bought 1 player.

Give him a bit of time.....

Fucking off Suso and Carroll and bringing in Clint Dempsey.
Jesus Christ.
I knew we Shouldnt have put a Taig in charge.

You're the Jonah, mate. Jonah was a prophet who told the city of Nineveh it was doomed. (BTW it repented of its wicked ways and everything was OK in the end.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom