• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Andy Carroll In Danger Yo !

Status
Not open for further replies.
11m on Cristiano Ronaldo, took 2 years to be a menace

Drogba, 24m and meh for 2 seasons

You don't buy a player for 1 season Gary
Don't forget Henry, arguably one of greatest Arsenal players of all time and a meh of a first season. Didn't even show any great promise out on the wing.

And people keep conveniently overlooking the fact this is his 5th season in English football.

Suso and Sterling are kids, Henderson aint. He's a £16million pound Premier League footballer with over 100 league appearances to his name.
His birthday is June 1990. The 5th and next season he'll be 22. His first full season at the age of 18 as a kid. Sterling is 17 now, birthday is in December so he'll be 18 in his potentially first season, not full season but his potential full first season. Suso's birthday is in November, 1993. You do the maths.

His birthday is June 1990. The 5th and next season he'll be 22. His first full season at the age of 18 as a kid. Sterling is 17 now, birthday is in December so he'll be 18 in his potentially first season, not full season but his potential full first season. Suso's birthday is in November, 1993. You do the maths.

What point are you trying to make?

What point are you trying to make?
Suso and Sterling are in the same situation that Henderson was 4 years ago. All 3 still have potential because of their age. His 5th season could be where he hits the magic form that fans crave. Now 3 managers have said he's a good player with loads of potential. How about give him a break, just like you wanted for Carroll?

Horrenderson being compared to Ronaldo and Drogba now?

He's a load of shit. He's the Great White Diao.

Now I like Shelvey but saying him, this wankbag and Lucas solve our midfield for the next decade makes me want whatever Oncey is injecting.

Yeah, very good. Very Gerrard, Alonso and Masch.
It doesnt matter how Shelvey and Henderson turn out. Wonderman will make the 80's midfields look like the late 90's and the mid 2000's look like the 1930's
TRUST.

Horrenderson being compared to Ronaldo and Drogba now?

He's a load of shit. He's the Great White Diao.

Exactly, people bringing up Cristiano Ronaldo, Drogba and Thierry Henry as players who stuttered during their first season in England and comparing them to Henderson's first season with us are clinging onto the minutest of threads possible. Don't forget how good these players were before they made the move, they had real potential.

Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd's title-winning team of the 2002-03 season played a friendly in the Summer of 2003 against Sporting Lisbon and after the match they were in such awe that they urged the manager to sign him up immediately. He was also on ours and Arsenal's radar too.

Drogba was a beast in Europe for Marseille and instrumental in getting them to the UEFA Cup Final winning Ligue 1 Player of the Year aswell. The two years preceeding his move to Chelsea he bagged 63 goals in 108 matches for club and country.

Henry had won a Ligue 1 title, French Young Footballer of the Year and helped Monaco to the 1997-98 Champions League Semi-final with 7 goals. That Summer whilst still at Monaco he played every game bar the Final of France's World Cup victory scoring 3 goals during the tournament.

....I barely knew Henderson existed before he signed for us.

Exactly, people bringing up Cristiano Ronaldo, Drogba and Thierry Henry as players who stuttered during their first season in England and comparing them to Henderson's first season with us are clinging onto the minutest of threads possible. Don't forget how good these players were before they made the move, they had real potential.

Cristiano Ronaldo - Man Utd's title-winning team of the 2002-03 season played a friendly in the Summer of 2003 against Sporting Lisbon and after the match they were in such awe that they urged the manager to sign him up immediately. He was also on ours and Arsenal's radar too.

Drogba was a beast in Europe for Marseille and instrumental in getting them to the UEFA Cup Final winning Ligue 1 Player of the Year aswell. The two years preceeding his move to Chelsea he bagged 63 goals in 108 matches for club and country.

Henry had won a Ligue 1 title, French Young Footballer of the Year and helped Monaco to the 1997-98 Champions League Semi-final with 7 goals. That Summer whilst still at Monaco he played every game bar the Final of France's World Cup victory scoring 3 goals during the tournament.

....I barely knew Henderson existed before he signed for us.

Irish just broke it down for everyone.

Something you forgot to mention in your otherwise brilliant post, they were all new to the league and foreigners. Isn't this Henderson's 3rd or 4th season?
I still believe that Henderson will turn out to be a decent player for us but he ain't gonna be no Gerrard/Alonso.
Alonso was fucking ALONSO when he joined at 22 and it's coincidentally the same age Henderson is now.

Irish just broke it down for everyone.

Something you forgot to mention in your otherwise brilliant post, they were all new to the league and foreigners. Isn't this Henderson's 3rd or 4th season?
I still believe that Henderson will turn out to be a decent player for us but he ain't gonna be no Gerrard/Alonso.
Alonso was fucking ALONSO when he joined at 22 and it's coincidentally the same age Henderson is now.

MODO - whenever I think of Henderson I think of a completely imature boy, who takes a shot on goal and misses wildly and then jumps up and down like the lead singer form Coldplay - but instead of singing he just shouts out 'Fuck Fuck'. When people say on here they have some hope for him and all - I have no idea where they got that hope from based on his performances this season. Even when he played I never actually noticed him on the pitch, and I keep thinking to a match long ago when Vladimir Smicer used to play for us and Alan Green was on the Radio: "Liverpool are playing with 10 men, I just can't count Smicer as a player now, he's doing nothing, whats he doing on the ptich ?". I hear those words of Alan Green whenever Henderson plays.

I remember all these self same posts about Lucas.
Whatevs. Like im ever going to agree the fucking spastic matrix.

You forget.
Lucas is "Wonderman".
There's no wonder about Henderson, except where his balls are.

But following Irish's line, Lucas was Brazil's player of the year at one point.

MODO - whenever I think of Henderson I think of a completely imature boy, who takes a shot on goal and misses wildly and then jumps up and down like the lead singer form Coldplay - but instead of singing he just shouts out 'Fuck Fuck'. When people say on here they have some hope for him and all - I have no idea where they got that hope from based on his performances this season. Even when he played I never actually noticed him on the pitch, and I keep thinking to a match long ago when Vladimir Smicer used to play for us and Alan Green was on the Radio: "Liverpool are playing with 10 men, I just can't count Smicer as a player now, he's doing nothing, whats he doing on the ptich ?". I hear those words of Alan Green whenever Henderson plays.
Vladimir Smicer who scored a European cup final goal and penalty.
Aye great analogy.
I thought i saw your name written on a loaf earlier......etc

Vladimir Smicer who scored a European cup final goal and penalty.
Aye great analogy.
I thought i saw your name written on a loaf earlier......etc

That was his finest moment in the years he was with us and I am pretty sure we played him out of desperation, and he was probably desperate to extend his stay with us so he did well in that game. But honestly don't even go there, with that game especially when we had Traore in our team.

That was his finest moment in the years he was with us and I am pretty sure we played him out of desperation, and he was probably desperate to extend his stay with us so he did well in that game. But honestly don't even go there, with that game especially when we had Traore in our team.
Yes that was his finest moment here. That European Cup win.

Agreed, you're wrong about Smicer playing well because he was desperate to stay though, he knew it was his last game regardless.

Didn't say he played well - just said it was his finest moment, and I did say he was a desperate knowing it was the end of a injury, pussy attitude (like Henderson) time at Liverpool. Anyway lets not distract ourselves from the topic - which is about Carroll. Let me remind some people:

£35 Million we payed for him - that kind of money should buy you a world-class proven talent, not potential. I actually think what we saw at the end of last season was somebody really pushing himself that extra, and not something he could do in every game. World class players don't need to push themselves that hard to put in a good performance. We he does not try - he really does look bad. Seriously Andy - if you ever read this - you should go to West Ham where you will find a manager that has wet dreams about players like you. You'll love it there - just go and save us from you - coz really you were a big embarrasment to us in terms of price and what you are as a player. Please go - please please leave your really not wanted here.

Goodnight Everyone - its been interesting on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom