• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anfield - Too many tourists ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace_of_Hearts said:
Ryan said:
Milner said:
Good post Tim.

Gone quite well this thread.

Aside from 'Ace_Of_Hearts' furiously running around trying to call anyone who bumped into his way a "complete tool", yes it has.

What's that supposed to mean ???

I only labelled Sheik a tool and that's from a footballing context. Nothing personal.

You don't wanna start, trust me.

Ha Ha Ha.

Wind your neck in, you little fool.

You've huffed and puffed all over this thread, getting knocked everywhere by whomever you've had the audacity to challenge, so why you'd want to now "start" on me is anybody's guess.

Here's a quick pointer for you though, cos by fuck you'll need it: Writing really long posts doesn't make your point anymore valid, and calling someone a "complete tool" ad infinitum doesn't win you the argument. It just leaves you looking like a pathetic, repetitive idiot with zero in his locker.

Anyway, as you were...

Look you asswipe.

I was debating a footballing issue. I put my points across constructively but all Sheik had to retaliate was with infantile snide remarks and silly accusations that I was infatuated with him.

Now, tell me that isn't an immature response.

But oh wait....it's the so-called 'clique' I've offended now. So you're probably gonna shoot me down by brushing me off am I right ? Jump onto the bandwagon and discredit any posts I make right ?

What's next ? Gonna dig up old news and start stoking the flames about me not contributing anything to this forum except pick fights with the likes of Nic ?

'Cos it seems that's all you all ever remember me of right ?

You know what ? Fuck this silly shit. I can see where this is gonna lead.

The same road Marky and Nic were backed into the corner at one point.

So to save all the hassle, adios !

I'm sure there are other good liverpool sites out there too.

And one more thing, I'm NOT throwing a hissy fit. Bear that in your mind. Just merely pointing out to you, that I cant be arsed to start lengthy tirades of insults back and forth, back and forth that leads to nowhere. It's pointless and silly and we both know that.

So....you win this yawnfest. Ok ? Ok.

Now if you may, allow me to fuck off this site. Adios amigo.

Think whatever you want of me either. I couldnt give a rat's arse.

And i'm veryyyyyyy chilled.......doh

Drama%20Queen%20L.jpg

Ace_of_Hearts said:
Look you asswipe.

I was debating a footballing issue. I put my points across constructively but all Sheik had to retaliate was with infantile snide remarks and silly accusations that I was infatuated with him.

But oh wait....it's the so-called 'clique' I've offended now. So you're probably gonna shoot me down by brushing me off am I right ? Jump onto the bandwagon and discredit any posts I make right ?

What's next ? Gonna dig up old news and start stoking the flames about me not contributing anything to this forum except pick fights with the likes of Nic ?

And one more thing, I'm NOT throwing a hissy fit. Bear that in your mind. Just merely pointing out to you, that I cant be arsed to start lengthy tirades of insults back and forth, back and forth that leads to nowhere. It's pointless and silly and we both know that.

But you began this post with an infantile comment??

Plus in the past you have followed Nikeser around trying to give him a kicking - there's a bit of pot, kettle and black there Ace.

As for playing the "clique" card that's exactly the type of comment one would expect from Marky.

IMO, you haven't covered yourself in glory on this thread and only served to alienate yourself from people. Fine, you're passionate about the club but getting into a hissy fit when someone disagrees with you is hardly the work of someone you would associate with mature.

Hate to see the valid points in this thread get lost amongst a bit of handbaggery, so all I can offer is that it seems to be that far too many people on this site (and the Internet in general, I suppose) get far too easily worked up. Slagging matches should not be the norm.

At the very least, if you're going to get all slap-happy, please everyone, try and show a bit of wit about it. As much as I get frustrated by Brendan sometimes ruining decent threads with malicious intent, he usually makes me at least get a laugh or two out of it. Try and use him as your example if you absolutely MUST make an assraping of a good thread.

Ace_of_Hearts said:
Look you asswipe.

Watch you don't rip your tights on the way out the door.

Vlads Quiff said:
Ace_of_Hearts said:
I don't give a flying toss if that post was made by you or anyone else. It just offended me so I felt it necessary to give my two pence on it. Ryan and VQ did but I don't see you childishly calling them 'being fixated on you' and shooting down all valid points they've made ??
Ah, the thing is Ace, apart from by original reply to AA very good post, the others have largely been somewhat flippant and not meant to be taken too seriously.

Let me re-state my position, which falls generally between the two camps.
Anfields original post was well thought out and realistic, however it has degenerated the way all these ooter threads do, into a cyber civil war.

As I said earlier on, I welcome people to my City, I will go out of the way to make visitors feel wanted and appreciated. The same , more so, applies to those from outside the city visiting Anfiled,
I was conceived here, born here, educated here, married a girl from here, brought my children up here, never felt the want or the need to move away from here, this is MY City.
The same applies to the football club.
I know fans from other cultures, and other countries in different hemispheres can and do have strong emotional ties to the club, and in some cases have been eloquently and almost movingly written about here, by Ryan , Rosco and others.
A great many of these fans are indeed better fans than some of the more casual home city supporters.
My problem is, and it has again happened in this thread, how disrespectful some people are to the the home City Liverpool fans , seemingly for having the audacity to have the club in their City, even suggesting that because we don't have to get up at 3am, or travel thousands of miles we are not of the same caliber as those in from Kuala Lumpur to New York.
Some even saying that if it was not for the income generated by these fans Liverpool would not be able to compete financially, others that if they did not go to the match there would not be full houses, as the home "fans" can't be bothered going (even though they all live around the corner). I am not about to get on my knees and than everyone for buying a replica kit, not when I could have brought a small island with the money I have spent over forty years of match-going support.
Some cheeky bastard even said that because he walks down Lord Street pissed on his way back to his hotel at 2.00am now and again he appreciates the City more than scousers.
Liverpool does need the income generated by overseas fans, just as every other successful European team does. If none of us had it the same status quo would still exist. In fact if it were not for the financial clout of the overseas fan phenomena United might not be the biggest club in the world.....your peers have a lot to answer for !!
So, as I said, welcome to one and all, I appreciate your support, and your commitment, and your shared fond memories.
However regardless of how many times you were jiggled on dads knee, or how much you remember about your first game, or how ever it was you fell in love with Liverpool, some of us have it in our blood, we may not be better supporters, but in some things in life there is a natural and inescapable reality. Liverpool FC is not some digital plaything that it matters not where it floats around , so everyone can own a piece, it is brick mortar steal and dreams and resides in Liverpool.

regards

Ace's heart was in the right place,even if he was barking up the wrong tree.

Sheiky has already stated that his intent was NOT what Ace assumed to be.

if Ace has indeed left this forum because of this thread,its sad.however,if he's unable or unwilling to defend his viewpoint without resorting to personal insults and thereby downplaying any value which his post may reflect,then perhaps its better that way.

i am under no such disability.

My problem is, and it has again happened in this thread, how disrespectful some people are to the the home City Liverpool fans , seemingly for having the audacity to have the club in their City, even suggesting that because we don't have to get up at 3am, or travel thousands of miles we are not of the same caliber as those in from Kuala Lumpur to New York.

speaking as a resident of Kuala Lumpur,i feel i need to say something.

the comments you're referring to were not made by me.

however, i do understand the general tenor of what you're talking about.

the reason why so many OOT'ers talk about getting up at 3am to watch games or having to travel thousands of miles is because we are SICK and TIRED of having to constantly defend our support of the club just because we're NOT local.

and the reason some posters feel this need is because many posts are not "somewhat flippant and not meant to be taken too seriously".

none of us are under any such illusions.

whilst the usual right noises are made about the appreciation of OOt'ers and foreign supporters,i believe its fair to say that the true feelings of many locals is that we are in some way inferior,which occasionally surfaces in these "somewhat flippant' remarks.

and that hurts.

that hurt is what sometimes fuels these deranged posts about travel,expense and the 3am wake-up times.

this 'disrespect' is fuelled by pain,Vladders.not arrogance or cockiness.

why do i not make these posts?

because i've been a fan 23 years longer than i've been on Koptalk/Est 1892/SCM; and it really doesnt bother me what the locals say about me from 8000 miles away.

whether i'm inferior or equal,i'll still be in the pub watching the game or ogling the computer screen for game results if its not televised.

i dont need to resort to saying hurtful stupid things because hurtful stupid things are said to me.

where do i stand on this?

the locals ARE superior to us foreigners.how could they not be?

we look into their faces during the games and we know that to be true.we see them scream,laugh,weep and hold aloft the scarves and flags and we know.

we dont need to be reminded of that,Vladders.

Vlads Quiff said:
Ace_of_Hearts said:
I don't give a flying toss if that post was made by you or anyone else. It just offended me so I felt it necessary to give my two pence on it. Ryan and VQ did but I don't see you childishly calling them 'being fixated on you' and shooting down all valid points they've made ??
Ah, the thing is Ace, apart from by original reply to AA very good post, the others have largely been somewhat flippant and not meant to be taken too seriously.

Let me re-state my position, which falls generally between the two camps.
Anfields original post was well thought out and realistic, however it has degenerated the way all these ooter threads do, into a cyber civil war.

As I said earlier on, I welcome people to my City, I will go out of the way to make visitors feel wanted and appreciated. The same , more so, applies to those from outside the city visiting Anfiled,
I was conceived here, born here, educated here, married a girl from here, brought my children up here, never felt the want or the need to move away from here, this is MY City.
I know fans from other cultures, and other countries in different hemispheres can and do have strong emotional ties to the club, and in some cases have been eloquently and almost movingly written about here, by Ryan , Rosco and others.
A great many of these fans are indeed better fans than some of the more casual home city supporters.
Some even saying that if it was not for the income generated by these fans Liverpool would not be able to compete financially, others that if they did not go to the match there would not be full houses, as the home "fans" can't be bothered going (even though they all live around the corner). I am not about to get on my knees and than everyone for buying a replica kit, not when I could have brought a small island with the money I have spent over forty years of match-going support.
Some cheeky bastard even said that because he walks down Lord Street pissed on his way back to his hotel at 2.00am now and again he appreciates the City more than scousers.
Liverpool does need the income generated by overseas fans, just as every other successful European team does. If none of us had it the same status quo would still exist. In fact if it were not for the financial clout of the overseas fan phenomena United might not be the biggest club in the world.....your peers have a lot to answer for !!
So, as I said, welcome to one and all, I appreciate your support, and your commitment, and your shared fond memories.
However regardless of how many times you were jiggled on dads knee, or how much you remember about your first game, or how ever it was you fell in love with Liverpool, some of us have it in our blood, we may not be better supporters, but in some things in life there is a natural and inescapable reality. Liverpool FC is not some digital plaything that it matters not where it floats around , so everyone can own a piece, it is brick mortar steal and dreams and resides in Liverpool.

regards

Ace's heart was in the right place,even if he was barking up the wrong tree.

Sheiky has already stated that his intent was NOT what Ace assumed to be.

if Ace has indeed left this forum because of this thread,its sad.however,if he's unable or unwilling to defend his viewpoint without resorting to personal insults and thereby downplaying any value which his post may reflect,then perhaps its better that way.

i am under no such disability.

the comments you're referring to were not made by me.

the reason why so many OOT'ers talk about getting up at 3am to watch games or having to travel thousands of miles is because we are SICK and TIRED of having to constantly defend our support of the club just because we're NOT local.

and the reason some posters feel this need is because many posts are not "somewhat flippant and not meant to be taken too seriously".

whilst the usual right noises are made about the appreciation of OOt'ers and foreign supporters,i believe its fair to say that the true feelings of many locals is that we are in some way inferior,which occasionally surfaces in these "somewhat flippant' remarks.

and that hurts.

that hurt is what sometimes fuels these deranged posts about travel,expense and the 3am wake-up times.

because i've been a fan 23 years longer than i've been on Koptalk/Est 1892/SCM; and it really doesnt bother me what the locals say about me from 8000 miles away.

whether i'm inferior or equal,i'll still be in the pub watching the game or ogling the computer screen for game results if its not televised.

i dont need to resort to saying hurtful stupid things because hurtful stupid things are said to me.

we look into their faces during the games and we know that to be true.we see them scream,laugh,weep and hold aloft the scarves and flags and we know.

Vlads Quiff said:
l
Vlads mate, this is not a anti-scouser thread or true fans comparison thread. You have to understand why us OOTers so angry with thread like this. Why liverpool fans should be divided into two groups?Why must people labelled us as tourist? It's hurt. I completely have no problem with Scouser, I have good relationship with some of the scouser posters at here or at KT before. I like scouser,I envy them and admire them. But I don't like when got some thread about OOT and Scouser pop up. It's only will ruin the unity among LFC fans.
As you said "disrespectful", if nobody show disrespectful to us "OOT", I don't think OOT will give response. And I don't think the "disrespectful" you meant at your post above is a "disrespectful to scouser", it's just the way us OOTer expressed our love to the club, not mean to compare true support with Scouser or flaunt our "true" love to the club.. Vlads, think about it, if someone claims that Scousers is the reason why the atmosphere at Anfield dire and awful, will you feel happy ?will you fight back? When someone question your love to the club, will you feel annoying? It's just like racism in some country where one group of people slams another race of people by saying they not really love the country and should be kick out of that country but the fact they are loving the country.
Again I want to say that I'm not dislike Scouser or anti-scouser. No difference between us from loving the club aspect.We all love the same club. Sorry to scouser if you think I got showing disrespectful to Scouser. I never think about doing it.
PS: This is the best I can write with my poor english. Hope you can understand. Anyway, I enjoy your posts and respect you as a good poster (I'm not a toady :wink: )

sorry for the double post,lads.

tried to delete it but Ong had already replied to it.

PS : nice post,Ong 8)

and stop apologising for your English,mate.

everyone understands what you mean :D

how about starting a thread about 'what you did during the first trip to Anfield', then maybe we shall see some common things between the scousers and the 'tourists' :oops:

Avmenon said:

the comments you're referring to were not made by me. Is it me?

and that hurts.

Well said, mate. Good post. sum up all my points. 8)

Ong and Avmenon.
Thank you for understanding what I was trying to say.
Any criticisms were certainly not directed at either of you in particular.
In all honesty Avmenon I certainly don't think we are superior supporters in any way, and in many ways not.
What I am trying to get across is that if you are born in Liverpool, and you follow football (90% of us) , you are either a Red or a blue, no one supports teams outside Liverpool, you will see Barca , and Madrid replicas etc, but nothing serious.
Most people have the choice made for them while still a foetus. It's like being born into a religion, and it is all around us when we arrive, from friends and family, blues or reds.
It is difficult for converts from any religion to feel quite the same as those with the birth-right, even though, as is often the case, they are more devout.
Liverpool FC is an international club, fantastic, but it is, when all said and done, inextricably linked and bound with the city and the people.
I think where the friction arises is there is a degreeof jealousy, with some, becuase that is the case, and it should not be that way.
As I said many times, I am proud so many OOOTERs want to come to my city and support my club.

regards

Vlads Quiff said:

regards

Excellent.

Especially the last few words.

Vlads Quiff said:
Ong and Avmenon.
In all honesty Avmenon I certainly don't think we are superior supporters in any way, and in many ways not.
What I am trying to get across is that if you are born in Liverpool, and you follow football (90% of us) , you are either a Red or a blue, no one supports teams outside Liverpool, you will see Barca , and Madrid replicas etc, but nothing serious.
Most people have the choice made for them while still a foetus. It's like being born into a religion, and it is all around us when we arrive, from friends and family, blues or reds.
It is difficult for converts from any religion to feel quite the same as those with the birth-right, even though, as is often the case, they are more devout.
Liverpool FC is an international club, fantastic, but it is, when all said and done, inextricably linked and bound with the city and the people.
I think where the friction arises is there is a degreeof jealousy, with some, becuase that is the case, and it should not be that way.
As I said many times, I am proud so many OOOTERs want to come to my city and support my club.

regards

thanks,Vladders.i appreciate the sentiment :D

Vlads Quiff said:
Ong and Avmenon.

regards
Vlads mate, after reading your posts and think deeply for one night, I have to admit that now I must agree with you about the special sentiment owned by Scouser about LFC football club. Now I'm more understand about the Scouser and their thinking. I have to make formal appologize to you and all the Scousers refer back to my first post. It's a very harsh post.
For me, LiverpoolFC, KOP, Anfield, SCOUSER,YNWA, Liverbird and Liverpool City always linked together. It shows that Scousers play important part in this club's history. Maybe many will not agree with me but for my own thinking, it does. No matter what happen, we will always are OOTer and you will always be Scouser. Like you said, Scouser born in there and live in there, they are more close to the club.That is a fact. I still have points to say but my english limit me to do that. If you know Chinese then it's easy for me. :wink:
Anyway, please take care of my beloved club at Liverpool City, ok? 8) :handshake:
Ps: This is a good thread. make me understand more about the Scouser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom