• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani comments on future

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's faux anger as you well know.

Besides, as if I'm giving fucking motey the leg-up to recognition round here. 3 posts in and he's calling me out. Don't take the cheap route motey.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=44755.msg1377946#msg1377946 date=1313059616]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=44755.msg1377810#msg1377810 date=1313050447]
We get it Ryan. You hate Aquilani. At least we all know when he plays for us, you'll be hoping he does his best.
[/quote]

I don't really hate him.

I think he's a fucking vagina for sure. But I hate the preening adulation that accompanies him on here more. You'd think he was Zidane the way some of you cunts go on about him.
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more with this. But it's a recurring trend on here
1. Player with serious limitations signs but has potential
2. Player fails to fulfil potential
3. Most posters agree player isn't good enough
4. One or more annoying posters latches on to the player claiming he is being mistreated by the manager
5. Player plays well in friendly / unimportant match, annoying poster(s) decides to tell everyone how much he he rates the player (and makes up for lack of support from other posters by posting multiple posts / threads on the player)
6. One of two other posters join bandwagon, shit stirrers coax annoying poster into posting more, people who can see the players is decent but has limitations get increasingly pissed off and grow to dislike player and annoying posters.
7. Player leaves, annoying poster (not always the same one) picks new player to champion.

See for Cisse, Babel, Le Tallec etc.

[quote author=refugee link=topic=44755.msg1377967#msg1377967 date=1313061111]
[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=44755.msg1377810#msg1377810 date=1313050447]
We get it Ryan. You hate Aquilani. At least we all know when he plays for us, you'll be hoping he does his best.
[/quote]

I don't really hate him.

I think he's a fucking vagina for sure. But I hate the preening adulation that accompanies him on here more. You'd think he was Zidane the way some of you cunts go on about him.
[/quote]

4. One or more annoying posters latches on to the player claiming he is being mistreated by the manager
5. Player plays well in friendly / unimportant match, annoying poster(s) decides to tell everyone how much he he rates the player (and makes up for lack of support from other posters by posting multiple posts / threads on the player)
6. One of two other posters join bandwagon, shit stirrers coax annoying poster into posting more, people who can see the players is decent but has limitations get increasingly pissed off and grow to dislike player and annoying posters.
7. Player leaves, annoying poster (not always the same one) picks new player to champion.

[/quote]

1) Please don't call Oncey annoying, he doesn't deserve that
2) Everyone can agree that I wasn't good enough, and hence never even played for a pro team (like Ryan).

[quote author=refugee link=topic=44755.msg1377967#msg1377967 date=1313061111]
[/quote]

I don't really hate him.

[/quote]

[/quote]

people (and I include myself in this) like the underdog. they root for these players in the (probably misguided) hope this player will turn it around. I definately perfer taking this point of voice then a bren-esque view of stating the fucking obvious and not putting your neck on the line for a player who isn't obvious quality, where's the fun in that?
however there are players who even though I like the underdog I refuse to back because I think they are just plain fucking SHIT like insewer.

[quote author=motey22 link=topic=44755.msg1377973#msg1377973 date=1313061567]
Im am a little worried for you Ryan thats all. Peace.
[/quote]Ive got some chicken here if youre hungry. Or we could go fishing?

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=44755.msg1377978#msg1377978 date=1313062400]
people (and I include myself in this) like the underdog. they root for these players in the (probably misguided) hope this player will turn it around. I definately perfer taking this point of voice then a bren-esque view of stating the fucking obvious and not putting your neck on the line for a player who isn't obvious quality, where's the fun in that?
however there are players who even though I like the underdog I refuse to back because I think they are just plain fucking SHIT like insewer.
[/quote]

Interesting that you brought it up, I was thinking of Brenden when I wrote that because he was stuck in a very similar (almost mirror image) and equally monotonous cycle of droning on about how shit a player is, ensuring that every second post or so reminded everyone of his thinking.

I don't mind someone championing / hating a player, its just the monotony of repeating the same point over and over and over that really gets to me. Sometimes you have to make a point more than once to get it across, but if you are bringing up your point in arguments / discussions on non related topics or repeating it multiple time in the same thread, then stick it in in your signature and leave it at that.

There is also no need to go to the polar extreme of the people you are arguing with, you championed Babel for ages with seemingly zero understanding of his weakness, forcing the people who see both sides of the coin to argue against you in addition to the haters. Aqua is suffering from the same fate at the moment due to Modo building him up as the best player in the world when he quite plainly isn't (I don't mean to pick on you both because there are a lot more people guilty of it, but you replied and it is an Aquilani thread.).

[quote author=refugee link=topic=44755.msg1378045#msg1378045 date=1313068281]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=44755.msg1377978#msg1377978 date=1313062400]
[/quote]

Interesting that you brought it up, I was thinking of Brenden when I wrote that because he was stuck in a very similar (almost mirror image) and equally monotonous cycle of droning on about how shit a player is, ensuring that every second post or so reminded everyone of his thinking.

I don't mind someone championing / hating a player, its just the monotony of repeating the same point over and over and over that really gets to me. Sometimes you have to make a point more than once to get it across, but if you are bringing up your point in arguments / discussions on non related topics or repeating it multiple time in the same thread, then stick it in in your signature and leave it at that.

There is also no need to go to the polar extreme of the people you are arguing with, you championed Babel for ages with seemingly zero understanding of his weakness, forcing the people who see both sides of the coin to argue against you in addition to the haters. Aqua is suffering from the same fate at the moment due to Modo building him up as the best player in the world when he quite plainly isn't.
[/quote]

oh, I was WELL aware of babel weaknesses I was hoping that his sheer physical attributes could compensate, they couldn't, and by the time I come to the realisation they couldn't I grew to like babel as a personality so I liked him more for what he was doing off the pitch. if insewer is going to be dogshit the least he can do is be entertaining.

I don't tbink Aqualani is overly hyped on here.

Realistically he wouldn't be in many posters first eleven and the best he can hope for in the opening matches is a decent impact substitution when we need to break through defences in the final 15 minutes or so. I suspect the majority would sell him if a decent bid came in, but until that happens we should get behind him. He's got enough talent to justify people being cautiously optimistic about Aqua for this season.

He's a decent option to have.

I really don't think we have seen enough of him in relevant games to form an opinion one way or the other to be honest, although I have seen enough flashes of skill and brains to know that there is a decent player in there.

Does that make me annoying?

regards

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=44755.msg1378153#msg1378153 date=1313074003]
I really don't think we have seen enough of him in relevant games to form an opinion one way or the other to be honest, although I have seen enough flashes of skill and brains to know that there is a decent player in there.

regards
[/quote]

Your post isn't polarised enough or repeated enough to qualify as annoying.

Although it would be an interesting change of pace to have a poster hijack every thread in order to repeatedly tell us that we should watch a player a few more times before forming a solid opinion.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=44755.msg1378153#msg1378153 date=1313074003]

regards
[/quote]

I think that's fair and I think that's how most people on here who've supported him in someway feel. Saying that people are full of adulation is as exaggerated as Modo's posturing of Aqua's talents, cos let's face it, the only person really going over board IS Modo. It's not hard to see there's a good player in there though, just like with Lucas there's a workhorse who's endeared himself to some people, he's hardly the dogs bollocks either and I doubt anyone is really saying he is.

He's played well in most games he's participated in and never disgraced himself. Ryan's clear hatred of him is akin to Brendan's stance on Lucas.

"never try to reason someone out of an opinion - if they weren't reasoned into it in the first place"

regards
[/quote]

I think this, combined with all those players who never shows flashes of skills and brains, but still play every fucking game season in and season out is what makes the whole manmythlegend hysteria.... Aquaman is a good and intelligent player. If he is here he should play. If he doesnt want to be here he should accept a pay cut and leave... The money in Italy is extremely tight, but hey the prices for pasta will go down as well if there is a major recession!!

It's all quiet on the Aquafront? Did we not play him against Sunderland because we are still waiting for offers?

[quote author=Ossi link=topic=44755.msg1380772#msg1380772 date=1313476147]
It's all quiet on the Aquafront? Did we not play him against Sunderland because we are still waiting for offers?
[/quote]

That combined with:

a - him not being all that good
b - us having better players.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=44755.msg1380773#msg1380773 date=1313476548]
[/quote]

That combined with:

[/quote]

you say that but I think his ability on the ball would have helped us second half, if for no other reason than he would have found his team mates more often than not and would not have resorted to the long ball.

[/quote]

That combined with:

[/quote]

Even on the bench? He's not better than Spearing in your opinion? A tired Adam is better? Lucas- who can't score or pass other than side ways? Hmmm....

Re: Re: Aquilani comments on future

[quote author=Ossi link=topic=44755.msg1380905#msg1380905 date=1313501557]
[/quote]

That combined with:

[/quote]

Even on the bench? He's not better than Spearing in your opinion? A tired Adam is better? Lucas- who can't score or pass other than side ways? Hmmm....
[/quote]
Don't even bother he's made up his mind about him.

None of those players has Aquilani's ability but all of them are going to be of more use to us in the future, and they need games to get up to speed.

What was the point of playing him in all those friendlies then?
He was one of the most used players pre-season and maybe one of the best as well and come the first day of the season hes not even on the bench.
Lucas should never have started this game and I would have played Suarez in the last 30 minutes.

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=44755.msg1380937#msg1380937 date=1313505329]
You wouldn't have started the player that won us a penalty and scored our only goal?
[/quote]
I think we could have scored without him and then he would have scored the winner at the end against tired legs.
Lucas and Suarez were not match fit and had never played with loads of their teamates.
Spearing-Adam-Aqulani and Kuyt on th right then Suarez and Meireles in the last 30 minutes.
We would have played 70-80 minutes instead of 45

From Talksport:

AC Milan have given up their pursuit of Liverpool misfit Alberto Aquilani, according to reports in Italy.
The Rossoneri were keen on a deal for the Italy international, who spent last season on loan at Juventus, but it is understood that Milan are not willing to pay his high wages.
It has also been suggested that the San Siro side only wanted the 27-year-old on loan, while Liverpool were keen to sell him on to recoup some of the £20m they paid Roma for him in 2009.
And, having ended their interest in Aquilani, Milan have now turned their attentions to Fiorentina midfielder Riccardo Montolivo and are lining up a £10m offer.

I for one would be happy for him to stick around, we need as much creativity in the final third as possible.

[quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=44755.msg1380936#msg1380936 date=1313505277]
What was the point of playing him in all those friendlies then?
He was one of the most used players pre-season and maybe one of the best as well and come the first day of the season hes not even on the bench.
Lucas should never have started this game and I would have played Suarez in the last 30 minutes.
[/quote]

If it's true (and it certainly seems to be) that Kenny doesn't want Aquilani, the point of playing him will have been to keep him in the shop window, and perhaps enhance his value by giving him opportunities to do well against relatively weak opposition. Ditto some others like Poulsen who also played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom