• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aquilani comments on future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Aquilani comment regarding future

He's managed to the past 7 months without mentioning anything close to returning.

So i take the timing of this as Juve potentially stalling over coughing up the dollar?

I was going to post this earlier, but to be honest there's not much in it to merit a new thread. Its the same as any loan deal with an option to buy really.....they dont buy, he comes back......i'm sure he's just covering himself in case he does end up back here. But based on him walking back into the Italian team, Pirlo seemingly out of Milan this summer and De Rossi apparently wanting the scum to bid for him, I really can't see him not being in italy next season, whether it be with Juve or not.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=44755.msg1308030#msg1308030 date=1301521820]
He's managed to the past 7 months without mentioning anything close to returning.

So i take the timing of this as Juve potentially stalling over coughing up the dollar?
[/quote]

Guess so.

Still want him to come back though and I hope Dalglish is willing to have him back.

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=44755.msg1308031#msg1308031 date=1301522067]
I was going to post this earlier, but to be honest there's not much in it to merit a new thread. Its the same as any loan deal with an option to buy really.....they dont buy, he comes back......i'm sure he's just covering himself in case he does end up back here. But based on him walking back into the Italian team, Pirlo seemingly out of Milan this summer and De Rossi apparently wanting the scum to bid for him, I really can't see him not being in italy next season, whether it be with Juve or not.
[/quote]

Yeah, was about to search for a thread to post it in but couldn't be arsed.

If he really wanted to come back he'd say it in a different way. A simple "I want to come back but I don't know if Liverpool wants me", type answer would be suffice.

[quote author=The Slugmonster link=topic=44755.msg1308031#msg1308031 date=1301522067]
[/quote]

I disagree it's more or less been suggested all along that its more than likely that they'll buy at the end of the period. He's also always intimated that he loves Turin and playing for them etc I think the fact that its taken for the season to enter its final few weeks to finally suggest that coming back to Liverpool is A) a real possibility and B) not a problem is more than telling in regards to Juve's willingness to stump up.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=44755.msg1308037#msg1308037 date=1301522378]
[/quote]

I disagree it's more or less been suggested all along that its more than likely that they'll buy at the end of the period. He's also always intimated that he loves Turin and playing for them etc I think the fact that its taken for the season to enter its final few weeks to finally suggest that coming back to Liverpool is A) a real possibility and B) not a problem is more than telling in regards to Juve's willingness to stump up.
[/quote]

I know but based on the way that they've been playing the press with regards to the fee and they have first refusal im reckoning there'll be more than enough suiters in Italy that will stump up should Juve try to get the price down! I just dont see him being back here tbh and im hoping that means that we dont get fucked over on the price....because after the fees we recieved for Torres and further back Alonso im hoping us getting fucked is a thing of the past.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=44755.msg1308030#msg1308030 date=1301521820]

[/quote]

Although we're owned by Americans, I'm fairly certain that Aquilani's transfer fee would be paid in pounds or possibly Euros.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=44755.msg1308045#msg1308045 date=1301523201]
God I wish he'd just sign for someone else.
[/quote]

Yep.

What's remarkable is so many seem stunned that Juventus aren't meeting the "agreed fee". Since so many historically have stumped up the agreed fee.

[quote author=Hardcastle link=topic=44755.msg1308043#msg1308043 date=1301523110]
You're up in the rarefied atmosphere of hilarity, Wilko.
[/quote]

Haha !

Alberto Aquilani’s agent has told fans a permanent move “is up to Juventus. The buy-out clause with Liverpool is fixed.â€

The midfielder arrived on loan last summer and has impressed, earning his place back in the Italy squad, but there’s the very real chance he could return to Anfield Road at the end of the season.

It is reported the Bianconeri are trying to haggle down the price of the €16m buy-out clause.

“I have been saying the same thing for months and it is the only truth, regardless of what the newspapers say,†agent Franco Zavaglia told Tuttomercatoweb.

“Last year, when the transfer was set out and Juve were happy to accept this deal, there were commitments made with written clauses.

“If the Bianconeri respect these agreements, then fine, otherwise he will have to return to Liverpool.
It is up to the Juventus directors to decide.â€

Aquilani has been a regular for Juventus this season and has made 26 appearances in Serie A, scoring twice and providing three assists.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=44755.msg1308406#msg1308406 date=1301583206]
Aquilani has been a regular for Juventus this season and has made 26 appearances in Serie A, scoring twice and providing three assists.
[/quote]

By Italian league standards that's prolific.

The truth is, he probably wouldn't work out back here, but he's really not been given enough time to make it work. Nobody can say for sure he's not good enough because the fella hasn't been given the games...

[quote author=Modo link=topic=44755.msg1308029#msg1308029 date=1301521523]
"The future? I'm at Juve, but I don't know what will happen,†the Italy international told La Gazzetta dello Sport. “I'm on loan and if I'm not retained I'd go back to Liverpool in the best league in the world. We'll see."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2011/03/30/2418932/juventus-alberto-aquilani-premier-league-is-the-best-league?

[/quote]

Makes it sound like he wouldn't be too disappointed to be back. I'd love to have him back, may not be the most sensible thing but heart ruling head, I would love for him to come back.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=44755.msg1308099#msg1308099 date=1301548510]
I wouldn't. He's not very good.
[/quote]

He showed some signs of class for us, was barely used, given more time to adjust I think he would have been a good addition, he was a shit house and lightweight, but you can work those things out of a player.

[quote author=Pesam link=topic=44755.msg1308408#msg1308408 date=1301583400]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And he has been playing a deeper role for Juve if I understand correctly.

Aquilani has the talent and will be ace in Kenny's pass and move team.

If we don't sell him, give the lad a go.

[quote author=RolandG link=topic=44755.msg1308483#msg1308483 date=1301591242]
Aquilani has the talent and will be ace in Kenny's pass and move team.

If we don't sell him, give the lad a go.
[/quote]

this. We could do worse.

If only it were that simple. Unfortunately Aquilani's said in previous interviews in Turin that he's "here to stay" and it's pretty clear that that's what he wants to happen. I don't set nearly as much store by these latest comments - Voronin made similar comments when it became clear that Hertha Berlin wouldn't be buying him after his loan expired, despite his having made it crystal clear beforehand that he hated being here, and Aquilani's current situation, while not identical, is very similar.

To me, what this adds up to is that, if we do fetch Aquilani back, we'll be keeping a player whose heart is just not in it. I'm continually surprised by the number of folks on here who don't seem bothered by that, and I'm definitely not one of them.

Juventus midfielder Alberto Aquilani admits that he felt a strange emotion after inflicting defeat on his hometown club Roma on Sunday.

Aquilani is Roman born and bred
, and came through the ranks at the club before leaving in the summer of 2009.

“Before the game I spoke with Totti and De Rossi, but also with my other former teammates,†Aquilani told RAI.

“For me, playing at the Olimpico was a special emotion. No sooner had the game begun than it was all over and I only thought about Juve.

“We all cared about doing well and we managed to do so. We won and for this reason everyone got great satisfaction.

“Now we mustn't think about particular objectives, but on a game-by-game basis.â€

Asked about his future, Aquilani said: “We'll know soon. For now I am only thinking about finishing the season well and giving everything for Juve who have given me the chance to return to Italy and wear the national team's shirt again.â€

I'm sure he will be playing in Italy next season but I'd be happy if we were choosing from a squad including him, ming and Stevie.

Imagine having coverage so that if one of our stars is injured we have someone equally talented to step in.

Dalglish on Aquilani:

“When people talk about next season, I’m surprised they don’t give Alberto a mention,†he said. “Everyone seems to have forgotten about him.

“I know he has done really well at Juventus this season. When the loan finishes at the end of the season, he reverts back to being a Liverpool player.

“Nothing is cast in stone and he could be coming back to play for Liverpool. He could be a valuable asset here next season. He’s still our player.â€

Dalglish has been impressed by the form Aquilani has shown in 29 league appearances for Juve this season, which have earned him a recall to the Italy side.

“He certainly didn’t have the best of luck last season,†Dalglish added.

“At times he did really well and at other times he didn’t do quite so well but you can say that about most players. What I do know is that he’s had a fantastic season at Juventus.â€

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/04/21/kenny-dalglish-alberto-aquilani-welcome-back-at-liverpool-fc-after-juventus-loan-ends-100252-28558548/?#ixzz1K8xgSLso

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=44755.msg1308478#msg1308478 date=1301590988]
[quote author=Pesam link=topic=44755.msg1308408#msg1308408 date=1301583400]
[/quote]

[/quote]

And he has been playing a deeper role for Juve if I understand correctly.
[/quote]

Indeed. I remember one or two people pointing to Xabi Alonso's goals and assists (or lack thereof) as a means of evaluating his contribution to the team, shortly before he left us. And then he left and we went to shit.

I'm still not entirely convinced by Aquilani but there's no doubting his talent. I certainly think he would have had something extra to offer had he been here this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom