• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Arrogance in the British game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird thread. You do realise that Liverpool are under zero obligation to hire Rodgers in the first place?

The man has effectively been head hunted and has every right to make demands which he thinks might maximise his impact at the club. Call it agorance if you want, but anyone with half a brain cell would make demands if they were head hunted. They may have different desires i.e. some may ask for higher wages, some may ask for more power, some may ask for a company car, but the other side of the spectrum is that if Liverpool aren't happy with that then they can hire someone else.

On a side note, the idea of someone else buying players and then the manager being expected to take responsibility if they underperform is something that doesn't appeal to me and I presume Rodgers feels the same. The difference being that Rodgers is in a position where he can turn down Liverpool's approach whereas I couldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom