• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Asian Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@James,

Doc Mac is from the footballing super power that is Northern Ireland so he is obviously just messing with the jibes.
I'm enjoying the comedic relief in this thread btw.

@James,

Doc Mac is from the footballing super power that is Northern Ireland so he is obviously just messing with the jibes.
I'm enjoying the comedic relief in this thread btw.
Have you ever seen the crowds at a big two Derby? They must number into the hundreds.

That Abdulrahman chap is the show. Watched about half an hour of that Japan game the other night and he took the piss.

What's his story Roopdog?

That Abdulrahman chap is the show. Watched about half an hour of that Japan game the other night and he took the piss.

What's his story Roopdog?

The guy is classy eh.

Every game so far he has featured in he has just been brilliant to watch.

All I know about his career is that the likes of Man City & Arsenal were interested in signing him about 2 years ago but due to work permit issues no transfer deal could go through.

He did have a trial at City and from all accounts back then he was exceptional - recall reading some comments by City players back then talking him up.

He has said he is looking to make the move to Europe now ... but has admitted he needs to become a lot stronger in terms of physicality & tracking back to defend if he is to succeed abroad.

He did say recently he would move to the A-League to improve his physicality & defensive aspects of his game ... but I can only assume he is earning a killing at Al Ain so I don't think any club here could afford him other than Melbourne City (owned by Man City).

Cool, cheers.

He's swagged the pure fuck out of this Asian Cup. Dude's bawling his way all round Australia.

Australia vs. South Korea both in the final to be played on Saturday. Got a wedding on as well so I'll no doubt miss it.
Filthy.

so if the Aussies win, next time around you would have two teams from the same Region in the Confederations Cup..

Comical Really... makes a complete mockery of the Tournament...

so if the Aussies win, next time around you would have two teams from the same Region in the Confederations Cup..

Yeah but aren't Israel, Turkey and Azerbaijan in the Euros?

I think the real point should be - what is the fucking point of the Oceania Confederation - the whole fucking lot should be subsumed into Asia.

Not as comical as four teams from the same country in the World Cup finals.

@Roopy and @StevieM

How is Mathew Leckie doing for Straya?

Had an decent world cup ...

But in the Asian Cup he has been rather frustrating to watch at times ... has had a few good assists but should really be delivering a lot more than that.

Has ridiculous pace but does not have the skills on the ball to match. Get into great positions with the ball - isolates the defence and gets into 1v1 - but either gets tackled or his touch screws him over big time.

Very frustrating to watch. Too erratic.

If he can just settle down with the ball at his feet & compose himself he can be a terrific player.

FINAL IN A FEW HOURS!

Australia vs. South Korea at Sydney Olympic stadium - 80-90k capacity, sold out.

This is going to be huge!

9am kick off UK time.

Once again I encourage everyone to watch this game.

Liverpool target Matt Ryan should be quite involved in this game given South Korea have a strong attack.

Here's hoping the Socceroos do the job!

Wow some brilliant goals here in this game. Nice strike from distance for the Aussies, and then Ki with a nice tap sets up Son for a late equalizer in injury time.

Now that Alexandre Lacazette is out of our reach, we should be trying for someone like Son Heung Min.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom