• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Atalanta (A) - EL QF - Thursday 20:00 BST

Where have I seen that before..

Meme Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Tricky one for Atalanta, I tell myself.

Do they sit back and hit us on the counter? Or play whatever their normal game is?

We only have one option, old school heavy metal football.

I would send the League Cup team - surely they can’t be worse than our “stars.” Gakpo, Koumas and Danns leading the line, Elliott being boss that he is in midfield, alongside Clark and maybe Bajcetic.

Maybe Trent at RB if Bradley is out, definitely Quansah next to Van Dijk or Konate.

We will play our strongest squad i think. And still lose. Then promise a huge response. And draw on the weekend.

Kelleher

Gomez
Quansah
Virgil
Tsimikas

Trent (60)
Szoboszlai
Clark

Gakpo
Jota (60)
Danns
If you want zero chance of going through then yeah play that team. However I'd like to know if we can do anything before conceding the tie is over, so I'd start with our strongest XI and if after 60 mins we are not in the tie then substitute off the 5 who will be starting against Fulham.

If you want zero chance of going through then yeah play that team. However I'd like to know if we can do anything before conceding the tie is over, so I'd start with our strongest XI and if after 60 mins we are not in the tie then substitute off the 5 who will be starting against Fulham.

I've conceded it's gone. Full throttle for the league, we looked shite at the weekend

Also.. I think Clark and Danns would actually be an upgrade

On current form or potential ... those with (60) come off if we are not in the tie at 60 mins.

-------------------------------- Alisson

Trent (60) ------- Konate (60) -------- VvD --------- Robbo

------------------------------- Endo (60)

----- Szoboszlai ------------------------------------ Mac (60)

Salah ----------------- Jota (60) ------------ Gakpo

On current form or potential ... those with (60) come off if we are not in the tie at 60 mins.

-------------------------------- Alisson

Trent (60) ------- Konate (60) -------- VvD --------- Robbo

------------------------------- Endo (60)

----- Szoboszlai ------------------------------------ Mac (60)

Salah ----------------- Jota (60) ------------ Gakpo

If we're going on form or potential, salah is nowhere near that team

Any news on Bradley?

For me:

Ali
Trent quansah virgil gomez
Szob mac curtis
Elliott gakpo diaz

Letting the midfielders play themselves into form but not the forward line, salah needs to return to a team playing well that can indulge him. On the fence about Darwin, he’s still living off the Newcastle goals in my head.

Quansah made a mistake he’ll learn from, Ibou looks sloppy to me and takes a while to get his head right after injury returns. Trent looked shite but if his body is willing I’d also let him play himself into form.

Forgot about Jota! If he can start I’d put him in the middle with gakpo left and Diaz right. That’s a lot of players returning from injury though.

Back
Top Bottom