• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Australian Open Tennis

Ryan

The Prophet
Murray looking good early. Ditto Nadal.
Hewitt out already.
Federer no longer the focus of attention.

So far an interesting first grand slam.

Great to see Hewitt out, after talking himself up as 'one of the danger men of the tournament'.

The naming-his-son-'Cruz' cunt.

Felt a bit sorry for that fella Nadal dismantled last night. Clinical display.

[quote author=TheFasterBlade link=topic=30672.msg784587#msg784587 date=1232507243]
Great to see Hewitt out, after talking himself up as 'one of the danger men of the tournament'.

The naming-his-son-'Cruz' cunt.

Felt a bit sorry for that fella Nadal dismantled last night. Clinical display.
[/quote]

The Belgian lad?
He was fucking shit. See his gay little serve? It was like watching someone try to knock the Berlin Wall down with a floppy cock.

Oh he was certainly rubbish, I just felt a little embarrassed for him being so totally outclassed.

Oh, and Samantha Stosur definitely used to be a man.

I really enjoyed that Jelena Dokic game last night.

Great to see the completely hypocritical Australian crowd getting behind someone they once roundly booed just because she won.

I could be talking out of my arse, but did they give her a hard time because her old man is a cockhead, or was there some deeper reason behind it?

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=30672.msg785175#msg785175 date=1232577406]
I could be talking out of my arse, but did they give her a hard time because her old man is a cockhead, or was there some deeper reason behind it?
[/quote]

Yeah, mostly.

She cried after her first round win in the press conference, and again last night on court. It would have brought a tear to a glass eye.

I quite like her, in a non-fit sorta way.

[quote author=livvy185 link=topic=30672.msg785179#msg785179 date=1232577539]
Didn't she elect to play for Yogoslavia over Australia or something?
[/quote]

Yeah, her and her oul boy thought the world was out to get them (shitty draws, touch matches, unfairness etc) so he told Australia she'd never play for them again. Uproar from the Skippy's. She splits from the mad man, gives up tennis, reconciles with him, is shit at tennis, gives him the heave-ho again, makes another comeback, and that's kinda where she's at now.

She's likeable enough, and was badly guided by him in her younger years. She seems pretty fucked up by it all, and it's nice to see the crowd getting behind her now.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=30672.msg785181#msg785181 date=1232577548]
[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=30672.msg785175#msg785175 date=1232577406]
[/quote]

Yeah, mostly.

She cried after her first round win in the press conference, and again last night on court. It would have brought a tear to a glass eye.

I quite like her, in a non-fit sorta way.
[/quote]

Her dad was and still is a fucking twat.

She was not the problem, he was.

She hasn't spoken to him for years now, and he said a year or two ago how he wanted to nuke Australia HAHA.

The amazing thing is that Dokic is only 25, so there's definitely time for her to build her game up again to where it was.

As for the crowd being hypocritical - yeah you're right about that.... BUT I think most of the Australia public have realised that it was all her father's doing that made us hate her in the first place.

Either way, Australian tennis is rubbish at the moment.

Our best hope is Bernard Tomic - who is 16.

And his father is a lunatic like Dokic's father.

He's forced his son to forfeit a came the other week because his dad didn't agree with a point decision the umpire made.

And only a week ago came out saying shit about former Australian players.

Hewitt is a wanker. Glad to see that spoiled twat failing.

Looking forward to Federer Vs Safin.

I've got a soft spot for the big Ruski maniac, even though my wife fancies him.

[quote author=TheFasterBlade link=topic=30672.msg785802#msg785802 date=1232664765]

[/quote]

Is that the evening game? I'm going to the Victory game so I'll prob miss it.

Pissed off, missing all the matches I wanna watch. Fucking time difference & work.

They should make them play at silly o'clock in the morning Australian time so I can watch. Very inconsiderate.

Anyone know when the semi's & final are scheduled for?

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=30672.msg785848#msg785848 date=1232668752]
Pissed off, missing all the matches I wanna watch. Fucking time difference & work.

They should make them play at silly o'clock in the morning Australian time so I can watch. Very inconsiderate.

Anyone know when the semi's & final are scheduled for?
[/quote]

It's actually turning out to be a very interesting tournament too. Some big names dropping out early and all that.

Semi's and Finals are not for another few weeks.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=30672.msg785843#msg785843 date=1232668397]
[quote author=TheFasterBlade link=topic=30672.msg785802#msg785802 date=1232664765]

[/quote]

Is that the evening game? I'm going to the Victory game so I'll prob miss it.
[/quote]

I would expect it's in the evening mate, or at least I hope it is.

Ahhh ethnic brawls take place once again at the Australian Open :)

Last time around it was Serbians vs Croatians, now this time its Serbians vs Bosnians.

The funny thing is its all people in their late teens who are starting fights - who walk around with Serbian, Croatian etc flags and chant ethnics songs ... yet most know fuck all about their background.

This is what ruined our old soccer (football) league all those years ago.

Had teams like Sydney Croatia, Sydney United (Serbs), South Melbourne Hellas (Greek), Melbourne Knights (Croatian) etc ... all getting into brawls before, during and after games...

That league was scrapped and a new one was started a few years ago - 1 team per major city, with no ethnic foundations.

So now Tennis is the outlet for those people to go and have a biff.

ETHNIC violence again marred the Australian Open on Friday, when rival Serbian and Bosnian fans hurled chairs and missiles at each other, sparking condemnation from players and police.
Some 30 people in their late teens and early 20s were evicted after the clashes, which left one woman injured, following Serbian Novak Djokovic's win over Bosnian-born American Amer Delic, police said.

Disturbances continued outside Melbourne Park after the men and women were thrown out, with taunts and punches thrown.

In unprecedented scenes, the two sets of supporters gathered at Garden Square outside Rod Laver Arena after the match with the riot sparked by verbal abuse.

Dozens of chairs were then hurled by the groups shouting "C'mon" as passers-by cowered before police and security guards stepped in.

One woman was hit on the head with a chair and needed treatment for cuts and bruises. Two people were charged with riotous behaviour and discharging a missile.

"A number of people got into a chair-throwing contest between two groups with the result that 30-odd people were ejected from Rod Laver," said Inspector Chris Duthie of Melbourne East Police.

"We're charging two on summons and one will be receiving an on-the-spot fine.

"The matter was dealt with very quickly and very effectively by the police and we expect no more problems at this stage."

Asked what the dispute was about, he replied: "I don't know; probably ethnic rivalries."

The Australian Open has gained an unsavoury reputation for ethnic clashes. In 2007, the tournament was overshadowed when Serbian and Croatian fans, wearing the national colours of the bitter Balkan rivals, attacked each other with flagpoles, bottles and boots.

Then last year, police used pepper spray to subdue rowdy elements of the crowd watching a match between Konstantinos Economidis of Greece and Chile's Fernando Gonzales.

In response, police numbers were boosted this year and officers were issued with containers of capsicum foam to target troublemakers, although these were not used on Friday.

Delic had appealed before the match for both sets of fans to behave.

"I'm really sad to hear about it. As I said a couple days ago, there's absolutely no place for that here. This is a tennis match," he said.

"I don't know who started, who finished, or whatever. Either way, on both sides I'm sure there were guys that wanted to cause problems. It's like that everywhere in the world.

"Unfortunately, it happened here today. I'm sure some innocent people might have gotten injured. It's sad. I don't know what else I can say."

Djokovic was reluctant to get involved, saying only that players had no control over what fans did.

"I am happy when I see that I have my own group of fans that are supporting me in a fair way, of course, not provoking my opponent and everything is going in a sportsmanship way," he said.

"I didn't know about this encounter whatever they had outside of the courts."

Despite warnings that clashes could happen, Inspector Duthie defended police actions.

"We have a very effective police unit here at the moment," he said.

"You can't stop everything happening but again we will make sure this sort of behaviour doesn't happen again. We have plans in place to make sure this doesn't happen and it was dealt with very effectively and very quickly."

[quote author=Stulikesdrums link=topic=30672.msg786444#msg786444 date=1232747072]
Will Murray avoid Nadal/Federer until the final or will he meet one of em sooner?
[/quote]

Theoretically he'd meet Nadal in Semis and Federer in the final. Easy peasy.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=30672.msg787204#msg787204 date=1232892268]
Theoretically he'd meet Nadal in Semis and Federer in the final. Easy peasy.
[/quote]

He did Federer than Nadal a couple of weeks ago, so it's not too hard to imagine.

I caught the final set on Eurosport. Henman Murray just didn't seem as up for it as the Spaniard did.

[quote author=Portly link=topic=30672.msg787813#msg787813 date=1232960062]
I caught the final set on Eurosport. Henman Murray just didn't seem as up for it as the Spaniard did.
[/quote]

Apparently he was sick?

Mentally he just wasn't there, even though physically he's now up for a 5 setter.

If Murray was sick, it wasn't mentioned by the commentators. Actually he never looks that healthy, although I agree that he has got over his early problem of not being strong enough to cope with a five-setter.

Back
Top Bottom