• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Back in the Day... Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Such a memorable game that one:

Reina getting beat at the near post - how we were to get used to that
Walcott's run
Torres at his absolute peak pulling a goal out of his arse
Adebayor's fucking dance
Sami's bullet header

Back in the day when we were a side.
Hyppia's header was one of the best I've seen the fact there was someone on the line made it better. What a legend he was.

It summed the big man up - not just size and power, but great intelligence to go with it. I really hope we can fetch him back to LFC in some capacity one day.

Alright I've got an idea for a thread series over summer (because it's shite and full of boring transfer bollox) whereby we look back on great LFC games that may have sparked some controversy. The point being that we - with the benefit of hindsight - should be able to show a bit more objectivity than at the time.

First up, is the 2nd leg of the Champions League 1/4 final in 2008 at home to Arsenal.

(Apologies for the poor-ish video here btw.)

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhdC1r4SBsI

Aside from reliving the game, was Babel's 'dive' a penalty?

At the time I thought no, and I still think no. You?

It was then and still is now.

Here is said photo - taken before the game! (classic OOTer :p)

197_10875084242_9756_n.jpg
I know that seat well. Good old sunny, sheiky and spion. Top lads.

Alright I've got an idea for a thread series over summer (because it's shite and full of boring transfer bollox) whereby we look back on great LFC games that may have sparked some controversy. The point being that we - with the benefit of hindsight - should be able to show a bit more objectivity than at the time.

First up, is the 2nd leg of the Champions League 1/4 final in 2008 at home to Arsenal.

(Apologies for the poor-ish video here btw.)

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhdC1r4SBsI

Aside from reliving the game, was Babel's 'dive' a penalty?

At the time I thought no, and I still think no. You?

That was a fucking cracker that game.... I remember going truly fucking mental when Hyypia scored with a swerving(!!??) header
and then needing hospitalisation when Torres scored.... what a game....

I also remember thinking Babel dived but having watched it just there it looks a cast iron peno to me now...

That is my all time favourite Liverpool goal. I still remember my celebrations watching this!

It summed the big man up - not just size and power, but great intelligence to go with it. I really hope we can fetch him back to LFC in some capacity one day.
Absolutely I'd have back around the club in a heartbeat, coach/assistant manager maybe.

That is my all time favourite Liverpool goal. I still remember my celebrations watching this!

Probably because it was such a tight turgid game a super late winner from an unlikely player.... I went fucking booloo and i still love watching it now.

That and th efact that it was a fucking screamer among screamers....

Forgive me I know it's not in keeping with the thread but sticking goals past Arsenal mad me think of this.....not relevent but.... it will be just 23 seconds of your life ....

That's one of the best-ever game-ending game-winning goals I've ever seen. That, and McAllister's long range free kick against Everton. Amazing goals both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom