• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ballon D'or

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
Rankings 'allegedly' leaked

Congratulations Messi

I guess CB just aren't fashionable

c2736604a1ea3ad2032b54b701c546c3.jpg

Yeah, not surprised Messi got it(if this is accurate), but 4 of the top 6 is impressive, it is a little odd that City have none, considering they won the league ahead of us.

He is the GOAT however after reading neither he or Ronaldo showed up for the ceremony the year Modric won it has diminished my opinion of them both :(

I'm not surprised there are no Citeh players there. Its voted for by journalists, coaches and captains from across Europe, so most of the opinions will be formed in the CL. We've had two finals in two years and the best comeback since Istanbul and they've done absolutely fuck all of note

What was it 50 goals last season?

Hard to argue against him.
Jesus Christ Dreamy. I know that being the “highly evolved” “fan” is part of your internet ”persona” but it’s as fucking boring as Modo banging on about Henderson and Lallana. Being a fan is partly about being irrational too - so fuck off with your “hard to argue against him”. He’s a twat and Van Dijk should get it.

*Goes to vote for a Citeh player*

*Suddenly remembers they literally got knocked out by Spurs*

It was leaked last week.. even Virgil knows the result. You could see it in his face when Gary Linekar asked him on MoTD

Don't agree with it personally.. but it is what it is.. defenders dont usually win.

Don’t give 2 fucks about this but not sure I believe this list to be accurate. The Ronaldo hype machine is too low at #4.

Jesus Christ Dreamy. I know that being the “highly evolved” “fan” is part of your internet ”persona” but it’s as fucking boring as Modo banging on about Henderson and Lallana. Being a fan is partly about being irrational too - so fuck off with your “hard to argue against him”. He’s a twat and Van Dijk should get it.

It’s not part of my internet persona. It’s my opinion. I love VVD and it’s wonderful to finally have a CB some fans used to argue Agger etc was as good as.

But arguing against a player scoring 50 goals in a top side who won their league and only lost the CL because of the greatest come back ever is a bit silly.

Also, hard to forget, was at his very best when his team needed him most at Anfield ...

He’s not Roy of the Rovers. He scored a screamer in the away leg and would have finished the tie only for the selfishness of teammates

Putting aside our VVD bias

Matthjas De Ligt in the top 10 ????? Do fuck off

There's a long post/thread in this somewhere... I think De Ligt is the latest footballer to thrive off a manufactured reputation rather than his actual performances on the pitch. Similar to the likes of Pogba, Quaresma, Balotelli. I think Mino Raiola was the agent of all them, too.

I'm not quite sure how it works yet, but he's definitely done a great job of getting his clients higher up the chain than their abilities should ordinarily allow.

Look at Pogba. He's shite. Yet, people will argue he's world class. He's a huge name. He is highly rated on video games, always in the discussion for individual awards. Kids love him. He'll move for north of £100m. But just watch him. He's rubbish.

The same is happening with De Ligt. He's shit.

Well I will say it fuck of Messi you little wanker who has won fuck all with Argentina and never will. But he has been truly unbelievable at Barca well done for that.

He’s not Roy of the Rovers. He scored a screamer in the away leg and would have finished the tie only for the selfishness of teammates

Considering he only won one trophy, in a league where his primary rival was at the weakest since they acquired Ronaldo, they had ample time and a favorable scoreline to do the necessary.
Messi, who everyone knew was desperate to win another CL and this *was* the goal of their season, didn't ... Blame the teammates, whatever you want.
3 of the players of the top 6 came to play that game.
1 couldn't because of injury.
1 couldn't even help his team get one goal ... Oh well, enjoy his trophy.

Considering he only won one trophy, in a league where his primary rival was at the weakest since they acquired Ronaldo, they had ample time and a favorable scoreline to do the necessary.
Messi, who everyone knew was desperate to win another CL and this *was* the goal of their season, didn't ... Blame the teammates, whatever you want.
3 of the players of the top 6 came to play that game.
1 couldn't because of injury.
1 couldn't even help his team get one goal ... Oh well, enjoy his trophy.

His numbers are insane it’s as simple as that. If Salah scored 50 and won the league this year and next best was miles behind I wouldn’t say it was easy.

There's a long post/thread in this somewhere... I think De Ligt is the latest footballer to thrive off a manufactured reputation rather than his actual performances on the pitch. Similar to the likes of Pogba, Quaresma, Balotelli. I think Mino Raiola was the agent of all them, too.

I'm not quite sure how it works yet, but he's definitely done a great job of getting his clients higher up the chain than their abilities should ordinarily allow.

Look at Pogba. He's shite. Yet, people will argue he's world class. He's a huge name. He is highly rated on video games, always in the discussion for individual awards. Kids love him. He'll move for north of £100m. But just watch him. He's rubbish.

The same is happening with De Ligt. He's shit.

I don't think he can be branded shit. He is a young lad, captaining Ajax, who was cracking in CL last season while he contributed with some goals from CD. He was also part of that Dutch team that had a real impressive season. I don't say it justifies a top 10 in this ranking, but he definately has been a vital part of a good side and international team over the year.

VVD should have won this. I know it is "hard to argue" about Messi and his 50 odd goals. But 2019 VVD has been a star both for club and country. This all thing is a little political though, and Messi hasn't won this thing for 3 or 4 years now, so maybe that plays a part.

La Liga! Whoopie ... How many did Ronaldo score in real league? ;-)

They're also all time CL top scorers by some considerable distance.

I don't know about last season specifically or what this award is meant to be about... but... if it's meant to honour the best player then Messi should win it every year.

He'll have to guide us to the PL, CL and WCW treble in 2020 to secure it next year, simples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom