• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Balo May Have Played His Last Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

redhorizon2

Very Active
Has Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli played his last match for AC Milan?

Liverpool must find a new solution for the Balotelli problem

Marco Luzzani/Getty Images
Mario-Balotelli-2.jpg

MILAN, ITALY - AUGUST 29: Mario Balotelli of AC Milan looks on before the Serie A match between AC Milan and Empoli FC at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on August 29, 2015 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images)
AC Milan coach Sinisa Mihajlovic has hinted that Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli may have played his last match on loan for the Rossoneri – after a plodding two minute substitute appearance for Milan yesterday.
Milan were leading Genoa 2-0 when Balotelli was introduced for Carlos Bacca, and in that time Genoa pulled a goal back.
But even though Milan won the match 2-1 coach Mihajlovic saw enough to rap: “We should’ve scored a third goal and not risked at the end. It is also my fault, as those who don’t sacrifice themselves for the team to the 94th minute will no longer set foot on the field.
“It wasn’t just Balotelli, there were another two or three as well as him, they know who I’m talking about.”
Mihajlovic also introduced French international M’Baye Niang for Jeremy Menez with 13 minutes remaining and Andrea Poli for Riccardo Montolivo with seven minutes left.

John Powell/Liverpool FC via Getty Images
JS44753625.jpg

Was Balotelli ever 'right' for Anfield?

Balotelli is on a season long loan at Milan after being similarly criticised for a lack of effort during his time at Anfield.
There is no release clause in his Milan loan deal so he cannot return early to the Reds.
Balotelli has made just 11 appearances for Milan this term and scored twice.
At the end of this season he will have one year left on the three year contract he signed with the Reds in 2014.
Said to be worth £125,000 per week, Liverpool may be forced to seek another loan deal for the 26-year-old unless Jurgen Klopp fancies trying to become the first manager to elicit a sustained work ethic from him.

I reckon a Greek or a Turkish side would take him. Not sure how much a Greek team could afford to pay, though.

In that event I'd prefer to buy his contract out rather than take him back. I don't want the fecker anywhere near Anfield ever again.

I suspect thats what will happen. We will half heartedly try and flog him but end up buying him out. I will honestly never know how the transfer committee saw that transfer as anything other than a disaster

Mario Balotelli has played his last match for Liverpool: China or Turkey beckons

Mario Balotelli doesn't feature in Jurgen Klopp's future plans

Marco Luzzani/Getty Images
Mario-Balotelli-2.jpg

MILAN, ITALY - AUGUST 29: Mario Balotelli of AC Milan looks on before the Serie A match between AC Milan and Empoli FC at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on August 29, 2015 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images)

The Italian striker, who is currently on a season-long loan at AC Milan, doesn’t feature in Jurgen Klopp’s plans for the future.
As a result Liverpool are determined to off-load the controversial frontman on a permanent basis before pre-season training starts this summer.
A lucrative move to the Chinese Super League is a serious possibility for Balotelli with clubs in the Far East having already enquired about securing a deal for the 25-year-old.
There has also been interest from Turkey with Liverpool hopeful of recouping most of the £16million they paid Milan for his signature in August 2014.
Balotelli, who underwent groin surgery back in November, has endured another underwhelming campaign in Italy – netting just twice in 11 appearances.
The former Manchester City striker incurred the wrath of boss Sinisa Mihajlovic after a narrow win over Genoa last weekend when the Serbian questioned Balotelli’s work rate.

JS70952040.jpg

Mario Balotelli of AC Milan looks on before the Serie A match between AC Milan and Empoli FC at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on August 29, 2015 in Milan, Italy. (Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images)

The player’s agent Mino Raiola has denied reports about a rift but there’s little prospect of Milan wanting to keep him once his loan has expired in May.
Anfield officials have remained in regular contact with Raiola, who is free to hold talks with potential suitors over Balotelli’s next destination.
Liverpool, who are still paying a significant chunk of his £80,000 per week salary, are keen to get him off the wage bill.
Balotelli scored just four goals in 28 appearances for the Reds last season. He struggled to hold down a place and was widely criticised for his lack of application.
Brendan Rodgers left him out of the pre-season tour of the Far East and Australia and forced him to train away from the first-team squad before sending him out on loan.

456070124-copy.jpg

Mario Balotelli of Liverpool sports a new hair-cut during a training session at Melwood Training Ground

Buoyed by the subsequent appointment of Klopp, Balotelli had spoken about the possibility of returning to Anfield this summer and proving himself to the German.
However, those hopes lie in tatters with Klopp not interested in taking on a striker who is ill suited to the kind of high intensity football the Reds boss is looking to install.
Klopp isn’t short of attacking options with Daniel Sturridge, Christian Benteke, Divock Origi and Roberto Firmino, as well as Danny Ings, who will be fit for next season following a cruciate ligament injury.
Balotelli could become the latest in a growing line of high-profile stars to be lured to China by the riches on offer.
Liverpool transfer target Alex Teixeira recently joined Jiangsu Suning for £38million, while the likes of Jackson Martinez, Ramires and Ezequiel Lavezzi have also headed to the Far East.

The Chinese wouldn't even be able to pronounce his name. I wonder whether he'll just quit playing, it clearly brings him no pleasure whatsoever.

The Chinese wouldn't even be able to pronounce his name. I wonder whether he'll just quit playing, it clearly brings him no pleasure whatsoever.

On the plus side, it has given me an idea for a character to pitch to Viz; a charmless, self-styled entrepreneur who aspires to be on The Apprentice, and tries to apply his limited market-stall hawker skills to every type of inappropriate job, using the contents of his trusty wheelbarrow.

'Barrow Terry'

If he accepts a move to China or Turkey then we'll at least get some money for him and they'll probably cover all his wages. What a clusterfuck of a signing.

You lot have gotten your stereotypes confused, the Chinese can say the letter L, it's the Japanese that can't. I knew a Japanese girl and she told me she was in a restaurant at the weekend and ate some robster.

You lot have gotten your stereotypes confused, the Chinese can say the letter L, it's the Japanese that can't. I knew a Japanese girl and she told me she was in a restaurant at the weekend and ate some robster.
<mind your language mode> The whole thing sounds like a road of cobras to me <end of>

They also say that stout balding footballers with dubious temperaments should be sent to the Rooney Bin. Quite rightly.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...Chinese-Super-League-amid-90m-deal-talks-News

Liverpool hope to offload Mario Balotelli to Chinese Super League amid £90m deal talks

LIVERPOOL are hoping China could offer Mario Balotelli the next bolthole in his maverick career with the Anfield club also looking to attract a naming rights deal worth up to £90m from Asia.

By Paul Joyce

Balotelli-645719.jpg

Liverpool maverick Mario Balotelli has been linked with a move to China
The money-flushed Chinese Super League is continuing its emergence as a new football force with Manchester United having received an offer for captain Wayne Rooney.
Liverpool saw January target Alex Teixeira move to Jiangsu Suning in a £38m move instead of Anfield and Balotelli is the latest high-profile star to come under consideration.

The Italian striker was farmed out on loan to AC Milan this season, but has endured injuries and was criticised by coach Sinisa Mihajlovic last week.
Liverpool paid Milan £16m for Balotelli in August 2014 and China is the only destination where they could recoup that outlay.
There has also been tentative interest from Turkey, but with Balotelli's short-lived career on Merseyside effectively over the forward's agent, Mino Raiola, is exploring possibilities for his client.
It comes with Liverpool chief commercial officer Billy Hogan having been in Asia where he has been following up interest in a naming rights deal for the new main stand, which is scheduled to open at the start of next season.
Talks are continuing with three parties over a 10-year sponsorship deal which could net Liverpool between £7m and £9m per season and up to £90m overall.

THE DREAM IS ALIVE!!!

Well, in Chinese, Balotelli's name is simply made up of 4 characters, though it's a bit of a tongue twister. I've seen a few places now refer to him by an ill-fitting Chinese nickname though.

"Ba God"

It's probably not a popular view but I feel sorry for him.

There is no reason why he shouldn't be banging goals in. He's a self sabotager, just can't help but turn all his 2nd chances to shit.

That said I'd rather he go piss his talent up the wall in China than come back to Liverpool.

Played again tonight.
So that was a massive pile of steaming shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom