• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barcelona vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was feeling confident until I saw the team sheet.
Ask yourself why?

Keita makes sense in that midfield will be the battlefield. Having 4 makes sense as we can lay off an extra man on Messi without leaving us short.

We also break at pace so Mane & Salah with support from midfield (Keita, Gini even Robbo) should be enough.

Defensively Gomez for TAA strengthens us.

And we can always bring on Bobby in the second when the game starts to break down after we've worn them out.

Considering both issues, Firmino not being fit & TAA being knackered, I'm happy with it.

Origi has looked good coming on but when he's started he's looked like hard work & nothing else. Shaq hasn't had an impact at all after the first few weeks. Sturridge looks too old for our side. Keita is the best option imo.

Gomez is more debatable, but TAA has struggled so much defensively of late that I'm not surprised & I did call it earlier in the week.

It’s not bad team considering all the above.
It all Depends on the system we play.

The system we’re playing is go out there press them a fuck them up the arse. 3-0 to us.

Barcelona contra Liverpool: Ter Stegen, Sergi Roberto,Piqué, Lenglet, Alba, A.Vidal,Busquets, Rakitic , Coutinho , Messi Y Suárez

I'm not you can rationalise or justify the selection until we see how it lines up. Klopp tends to get these calls right though.

Sensible selection, but disappointed Ox is not on the bench. Both teams pack their central midfields, the only space will be on the flanks. We need Robbo to have a great game.

Ask yourself why?

Keita makes sense in that midfield will be the battlefield. Having 4 makes sense as we can lay off an extra man on Messi without leaving us short.

We also break at pace so Mane & Salah with support from midfield (Keita, Gini even Robbo) should be enough.

Defensively Gomez for TAA strengthens us.

And we can always bring on Bobby in the second when the game starts to break down after we've worn them out.

Some fair points there but I'm not convinced Gomez at RB does strengthen us and that may well be the wing where the other lot apply the most pressure.

Still, time to pull together and believe. COME ON YOU RED MEN!

In actually more surprised at Hendo not starting. Maybe saving him and Bobby, for Millie and Keita, to attack them in the second.

Considering both issues, Firmino not being fit & TAA being knackered, I'm happy with it.

Origi has looked good coming on but when he's started he's looked like hard work & nothing else. Shaq hasn't had an impact at all after the first few weeks. Sturridge looks too old for our side. Keita is the best option imo.

Gomez is more debatable, but TAA has struggled so much defensively of late that I'm not surprised & I did call it earlier in the week.
This line up suggests a change of formation though, and a front 3 would have a chance of putting the frighteners on their defence. I’m worried about us being too conservative and inviting them onto us.

Up the fucking reds. I've only just fixed my dick so I'll get it back out on the table in half an hour

4-2-2-2 innit. Proper away football stuff
I'm not sure it will be you know, not strictly anyway.

I know that's what makes sense, & everyone expects looking at it, but I think we could see keita pushed right up a lot of the time & it looking more like our usual formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom