• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Barrett saying we've bid 32M for Alex Teixeira...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how I feel about that, if it's true.
Provided he did it with a knowledge of what other players of a similar ilk may go for & not just a random valuation then I have no problem with it.

The 'committee' have proven in the past they overpay for players far too often, so if he is restraining them a bit then that's almost certainly a good thing.

We are obviously just waiting for Zorc who is going to come in the summer and buy us shitloads of players I've never heard of. It'll be boss.

Oh great, let's get this thread to 50 pages now that the window is closed.

You guys don't even know what you're doing. It's too late to trigger the automatic-transfer-at-50-forum-pages clause now!

Yeah - Me too. I think I won in the end. It's the McNuggets that drag him down of course...Cheer up @Rosco you can always have a salad.... ;)

They actually make Chicken FINGERS now. Just like fish fingers. But with chicken. Modernity keeps hurling forwards.

5000116041961_t1.ashx

Now you see, THIS is the kind of mature, pleasant, peaceful chat we should be having. I've saved this forum.

Birds Eye have missed a trick. There's that trend now for 'roulette' mixtures of snack foods, like Doritos. They should mix up fish fingers and chicken fingers in the same box. Imagine the anxiety.

Birds Eye have missed a trick. There's that trend now for 'roulette' mixtures of snack foods, like Doritos. They should mix up fish fingers and chicken fingers in the same box. Imagine the anxiety.

Yeah, but that Roulette thing with Doritos is more about a handful of chips being super-spicy and "hidden" in there among the regular ones. Mixing fish fingers and chicken fingers isn't really the same. It's more like a Revels approach, except savoury and with less variety. And somehow more wrong.

I suppose I'm not that adventurous. I find the trend, popularised by Heston Blumenthal, and a big hit back in the olden days, for making stuff look like something, but tasting totally different, totally repugnant.

"Ooooh! I thought it was fish and chips, but it's actually sweet pancakes and banana!" Fuck that. I wanted fish and chips. That's why I picked fish and chips. Fuck off.

Shove a couple of bits of broken glass in there too every now and again. Like an ironic pack of Lucky Strike.

Yeah, but that Roulette thing with Doritos is more about a handful of chips being super-spicy and "hidden" in there among the regular ones. Mixing fish fingers and chicken fingers isn't really the same. It's more like a Revels approach, except savoury and with less variety. And somehow more wrong.

I suppose I'm not that adventurous. I find the trend, popularised by Heston Blumenthal, and a big hit back in the olden days, for making stuff look like something, but tasting totally different, totally repugnant.

"Ooooh! I thought it was fish and chips, but it's actually sweet pancakes and banana!" Fuck that. I wanted fish and chips. That's why I picked fish and chips. Fuck off.

Right. Chicken fingers and fish fingers loosely attached to Scalextric cars. Your most irritating nephew positioned by a corner of the track. Full speed ahead. Bets are taken.

Klopps comments don't really sound like he's going to be back in for Teix in the summer. Does anyone else get that vibe from his comments?

Right. Chicken fingers and fish fingers loosely attached to Scalextric cars. Your most irritating nephew positioned by a corner of the track. Full speed ahead. Bets are taken.

You simply don't get this type of stuff on other forums. Two threads have separately wandered off topic, one to Scalextric and associated driving techniques, the other to childhood foods and chicken fingers, but they've now been combined and brought back together!

It is a delicate beauty that is wrought here.

I said that last bit in my best Inspector Reid from Ripper Street voice.

Klopps comments don't really sound like he's going to be back in for Teix in the summer. Does anyone else get that vibe from his comments?

I don't really think they add to the stance the club has taken so far, i.e.they're interested but not at just any price, and won't be messed around.

You simply don't get this type of stuff on other forums. Two threads have separately wandered off topic, one to Scalextric and associated driving techniques, the other to childhood foods and chicken fingers, but they've now been combined and brought back together!

It is a delicate beauty that is wrought here.

I said that last bit in my best Inspector Reid from Ripper Street voice.

Very true and each word a shard of glass to Rosco's heart !

One of these days we will buy a player from Ukraine.

For now the curse of Voronin is saving us from making a stupidly costly mistake.

Yeah, I do. I laughed my arse off when you were getting all uppity about someone taking Murdochs money you hypocritical twat.

You've probably stopped doing that now and are contuining to live off your wifes business, but it still makes you a hypocrite.

And people wonder why people join this forum and then leave this forum.

That's just darn right mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom