• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

best XI from Klopp and Kenny's era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
I wouldn't know where to start because its so hard. I'd like to see what people say... You have to say what formation and whose style will you opt for ie will it be Kenny's style or Klopp's style?

Dom has not had 15 games, for LFC and he makes the 11, you know Gerrard also played under Klopp and Kenny?

I’m taking into consideration the version of Gerrard under Kenny, it was the season he was ruptured with injuries. It feels like yesterday when Gerrard left but I remember his final game very vividly….I remember it vividly because it was the most humiliating I’ve ever felt supporting this club and that wasn’t under Klopp.

Last edited:
Gerrard didn't play under klopp
That's what I thought, so I googled it
[article]
Jurgen Klopp is adamant that Steven Gerrard will return to management following his sacking as Aston Villa boss.
Gerrard, who played under Klopp during the latter stages of his Liverpool career and then went on to coach the club's U18 and U19s sides, was sacked after the West Midlands outfit's 3-0 defeat at Fulham, leaving them 17th and only above local rivals Wolves on goals scored.
Speaking ahead of the Reds' Saturday lunchtime trip to Nottingham Forest - live on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Ultimate from 11.30am - Klopp revealed: "We had a little exchange this morning - nothing too deep.
https://www.bt.com/sport/football/p...yed under Klopp,rivals Wolves on goals scored.
[/article]

That's what I thought, so I googled it
[article]
Jurgen Klopp is adamant that Steven Gerrard will return to management following his sacking as Aston Villa boss.
Gerrard, who played under Klopp during the latter stages of his Liverpool career and then went on to coach the club's U18 and U19s sides, was sacked after the West Midlands outfit's 3-0 defeat at Fulham, leaving them 17th and only above local rivals Wolves on goals scored.
Speaking ahead of the Reds' Saturday lunchtime trip to Nottingham Forest - live on BT Sport 1 and BT Sport Ultimate from 11.30am - Klopp revealed: "We had a little exchange this morning - nothing too deep.
https://www.bt.com/sport/football/premier-league/jurgen-klopp-reflects-on-steven-gerrards-sacking-and-liverpools-#:~:text=Gerrard, who played under Klopp,rivals Wolves on goals scored.
[/article]

Cba to click the link but whoever wrote that is wrong. Why do you even need google to work out when Gerrard’s last game was and when Klopp took over?

What version of Kenny?

The one that scored tge goal that won us the league in 86.

Point taken.

Wouldn’t there then be an argument that Hansen, Whelan & Rush’s best days were pre-Kenny managing?

Suarez would have played under Kenny V2.0 wouldn’t he?

Not the best Suarez like - the racist one.

The one that scored tge goal that won us the league in 86.

Point taken.

Wouldn’t there then be an argument that Hansen, Whelan & Rush’s best days were pre-Kenny managing?
Yes but still also helped massively during the late 80s when we were formidable and good enough still to get in over the likes of Matip Hendo/Fab and Firmino, in my opinion.

Suarez would have played under Kenny V2.0 wouldn’t he?

Not the best Suarez like - the racist one.
He did indeed, but racist Suarez also played under Kenny…remember the Suarez tshirt and the Evra handshake snub…Kenny didn’t really cover himself in glory post match.

He did indeed, but racist Suarez also played under Kenny…remember the Suarez tshirt and the Evra handshake snub…Kenny didn’t really cover himself in glory post match.

That’s kind of what I said - just less wordy.

Yes but still also helped massively during the late 80s when we were formidable and good enough still to get in over the likes of Matip Hendo/Fab and Firmino, in my opinion.

Yeah - it’s a stretch, I agree, if we’re only considering their performance under the manager.

Still… Gerrard gets in ahead of Slobbers.

There’s probably a case for Fabs instead of Whelan - his last season is probably colouring the view of him.

Might even be a case for Gini on the midfield.

I’d argue there’s a good case for Nicol at CB instead of Hansen & Trent at RB.

Also…. Steve McMahon needs to be in there.

This would be mine.

Allisson
Trent - Nicol - Virgil - Robbo
Gerrard - Fabs - McMahon
Salah - Rush - Barnes

That’s kind of what I said - just less wordy.
I interpreted wrongly. Apologies Stevie.

Suarez under Kenny to Suarez (first season) under Rodgers is one of the best levels of improvement in one season I can remember.

I interpreted wrongly. Apologies Stevie.

Suarez under Kenny to Suarez (first season) under Rodgers is one of the best levels of improvement in one season I can remember.

Yep - might have been due to the playing style - Kenny 2.0 seemed to think it was still the mid 90’s and wanted a 442 with wingers to swing in crosses to big Andy Carrol for Suarez to play off.

Benitez Vs Klopp joint team would be interesting.

Alisson
Trent Carragher Virgil Robbo
Gerrard Mascherano Alonso
Salah Torres Mane

Could be a 4231 easily.

Harsh on Hyppia - but he played LCB, so he gets bumped.

Benitez Vs Klopp joint team would be interesting.

Alisson
Trent Carragher Virgil Robbo
Gerrard Hamman Alonso
Salah Torres Mane

Could be a 4231 easily.

Harsh on Hyppia - but he played LCB, so he gets bumped.

Ha. Benitez Klopp is a lot easier but sorry Carra we’re playing with 2 LCB’s and Hips bumped back in. Did Hips not move over to RCB when he played with Dags?

Ha. Benitez Klopp is a lot easier but sorry Carra we’re playing with 2 LCB’s and Hips bumped back in. Did Hips not move over to RCB when he played with Dags?

Actually - I changed it As I forgot Masher

Agger & Hypia both played LCB and Carra always RCB didn’t they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom