• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Billy Gilmour Chant

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nomad

Very Well-Known
Our fans supposedly chanted 'Rent Boy' at him on Saturday. Kick it Out are foaming at the mouth at our fans behaviour.

This is worse behaviour for the woke brigade.

[article]a handful of Man City supporters were seen attempting to untie a large rainbow banner
[/article]

I have no idea what the full chant is. But they aren't happy.
Chelsea rent boys Chelsea rent boys woaaah Chelsea rent boys Chelsea rent boys woaaah

Remember being at Anfield when they knocked us out the cup few years back and that’s all I was chanting along to.

Chelsea rent boys Chelsea rent boys woaaah Chelsea rent boys Chelsea rent boys woaaah

Remember being at Anfield when they knocked us out the cup few years back and that’s all I was chanting along to.
But apparently it was a chant at Gilmour. That's a chant about Chelsea.

Can't be both.

This is worse behaviour for the woke brigade.

[article]a handful of Man City supporters were seen attempting to untie a large rainbow banner
[/article]
Just read that.. spurs had a rainbow flag with a giant spurs cockerel on it... in the away end.

The only surprise here is it wasn't pulled down before full time.

It's a weird one in a way. Calling them all male whores isn't necessarily sexist or homophobic is it?

Calling gay people rent boys cos they're gay is homophobic sure. Calling mercenary players rent boys cos they're bought out by a Russian oligarch is surely different

His mum’s a proper milf. Actually thought it might’ve been his girlfriend for a sec.

It's a weird one in a way. Calling them all male whores isn't necessarily sexist or homophobic is it?

Calling gay people rent boys cos they're gay is homophobic sure. Calling mercenary players rent boys cos they're bought out by a Russian oligarch is surely different
You're right, but the insults predates Roman. Around Stamford Bridge used to be a place where it was dead easy to pick up male prostitutes and that's why opposition fans picked up on it. This was even more the case when a famous Chelsea hooligan was caught in bed with one, and it hit the press.

Lets just say a team came to Anfield and the Kop chanted "You're just a bunch of n****rs!" and justified it as the team was wearing a black kit, and none of them are black anyway, so its not racist ... do you think that would be OK? I really hope you say "no", but 30 or 40 years ago that may well have been an excuse/explanation.

The fact that Gilmour is or isn't gay is irrelevant, a term that is offensive to gay men was used publicly, and that is not acceptable.

Call me woke, call me PC gone mad, but I think it is fairly straightforward. Times change, what is acceptable changes, generally as a result of those who have "just had to put up with it" having stopped putting up with it. Its less than 70 years since a pioneer of computing was effectively murdered by the state for the crime of being gay, that is now commonly seen as a massive injustice, but I bet at the time large sections of the population thought it was OK; the evolution of how language is used and accepted is part of the same journey to acceptance & tolerance

Last edited:
Lets just say a team came to Anfield and the Kop chanted "You're just a bunch of n****rs!" and justified it as the team was wearing a black kit, and none of them are black anyway, so its not racist ... do you think that would be OK? I really hope you say "no", but 30 or 40 years ago that may well have been an excuse/explanation.

The fact that Gilmour is or isn't gay is irrelevant, a term that is offensive to gay men was used publicly, and that is not acceptable.

Call me woke, call me PC gone mad, but I think it is fairly straightforward. Times change, what is acceptable changes, generally as a result of those who have "just had to put up with it" have stopped putting up with it. Its less than 70 years since a pioneer of computing was effectively murdered by the state for the crime of being gay, that is now commonly seen as a massive injustice, but I bet at the time large sections of the population thought it was OK; the evolution of how language is used and accepted is part of the same journey to acceptance & tolerance
I can't argue with that. I think I've just only heard the phrase aimed at Chelsea in general and never actually in real life situations to refer to gay people which is why I lack the context

Well.... the woke shit’s going to hit the fan if someone starts signing about Gary Neville shagging his mam up the shitter!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom