• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bite, Nibble, Munch and Chomp

Apparently FIFA sent us their report in Spanish, so we first had to get it translated before getting lawyers to analyse it. Well done, Blatter!

I don't blame Suarez for lying. He tried telling the truth in Sir Alex Ferguson's "racism" trial and that turned out to be catastrophic.

To Luis' credit, he's a pretty inexpert liar.

I don't blame Suarez for lying. He tried telling the truth in Sir Alex Ferguson's "racism" trial and that turned out to be catastrophic.

To Luis' credit, he's a pretty inexpert liar.

Yep, reminds me of that Cameroonian grass eating celebration that Song taught to Robbie.

@barcastuff: Barcelona plan to make opening bid of "30M + 6-7M incentives + Alexis" for Liverpool's Luis Suarez. Clubs will talk in coming days. [sport]

Oh come on, the look on his face at the end of that game was pretty clear. He knew he'd acted like a dick. But he didn't lie to the public afterwards, he just desperately played it down so as to avoid getting banned. Then he had no choice but to lie to FIFA as that was the only possible way to escape a ban.

Avoiding a ban is not him thinking he can do what he wants. What the fuck is a ban and a fine to him? It's not a punishment for him in the true sense of the word. The reason he didn't want a ban is because he didn't want to let down his country and club. Otherwise a ban means nothing to him other than an extended summer holiday. You see that right? He knows he's fucked up, and he's trying to get out it because of the affect it will have on Uruguay and Liverpool.

If he got away without a ban, it would do nothing to clear his reputation. Everyone saw what happened. The only thing it would achieve is Suarez wouldn't have to feel like his actions harmed other people.

"he just desperately played it down so as to avoid getting banned. Then he had no choice but to lie to FIFA" - which type of lie is it?

"What the fuck is a ban and a fine to him? " - notoriety, loss of income, bringing shame on his family, employers and the game.

"Otherwise a ban means nothing to him other than an extended summer holiday. You see that right?" - No, I don't; I think he wants to play football but has a problem, a problem he could address during his extended summer holiday.

I think Luis and his supporters attempts to deflect and 'shoot the messenger' in this matter are wrong, particularly the Uruguayan FA and their attempts to throw mud and hail him as a victimized hero in some vain attempt to tell us we all misunderstand is worthy of nothing but ridicule.

@barcastuff: Barcelona plan to make opening bid of "30M + 6-7M incentives + Alexis" for Liverpool's Luis Suarez. Clubs will talk in coming days. [sport]

What the feck are 'incentives' from them? The promise that they won't tap up any more of our players for a couple of months?

That's a maximum value of 67m, after add ons. No fucking way.

Take it to 87m after add ons by adding an extra 20m (for those of you who aren't good at maths) & they can have him.

Although, despite all this, & everything else, I'm still gutted.

I don't see the point in selling him unless it's for a ridiculous fee. Otherwise I want him to return to us and repay some of the wages we'll be paying that he won't have earned before he has any thoughts of running moving away.

The club shouldn't give out any signs of wanting to get rid of Suarez. He's still a devastating player who nearly won us the Premier League last season and could be a major factor in winning it next season.

If some club with deep pockets offer LFC such a huge sum that they can't turn it down, so be it. Every player has his price. But no way should Suarez be treated as damaged goods.

The club shouldn't give out any signs of wanting to get rid of Suarez. He's still a devastating player who nearly won us the Premier League last season and could be a major factor in winning it next season.

If some club with deep pockets offer LFC such a huge sum that they can't turn it down, so be it. Every player has his price. But no way should Suarez be treated as damaged goods.
I agree. Used car salesmen don't make money by telling people'stay away from that car, it's a fucking lemon.' They say 'this car is in perfect condition, owned by a little old lady who drove it to the shops and to church on Sunday.'

That's what the club needs to do.

"he just desperately played it down so as to avoid getting banned. Then he had no choice but to lie to FIFA" - which type of lie is it?

The one given in public was a disingenuous and misleading statement. The second to FIFA was a factually incorrect statement. Two types of lie, both made for understandable reasons.

"What the fuck is a ban and a fine to him? " - notoriety, loss of income, bringing shame on his family, employers and the game.

Yes exactly, and which one of those support your belief that Suarez is a spoilt child thinking he was right and should get away with it? He wanted to get away with it for understandable reasons. I'd be more pissed off if he just admitted it and accepted the ban, as it doesn't really punish Suarez but fucks Liverpool over.

"Otherwise a ban means nothing to him other than an extended summer holiday. You see that right?" - No, I don't; I think he wants to play football but has a problem, a problem he could address during his extended summer holiday.

He's going to play football when he returns. Just like he did last time. The only losers are the club who have to buy a replacement or somehow cope with it's second and third choice strikers in order to keep the season alive.

I think Luis and his supporters attempts to deflect and 'shoot the messenger' in this matter are wrong, particularly the Uruguayan FA and their attempts to throw mud and hail him as a victimized hero in some vain attempt to tell us we all misunderstand is worthy of nothing but ridicule.

Yes it is wrong, but that's what happens when you have a corrupt judicial system. Are you telling me if you were a Jew in Nazi Germany, you would do the "right thing" and turn yourself in?

The one given in public was a disingenuous and misleading statement. The second to FIFA was a factually incorrect statement. Two types of lie, both made for understandable reasons.

The offence was as plain as day. To attempt a lie was stupid. It can in no way be described as understandable.

Yes exactly, and which one of those support your belief that Suarez is a spoilt child thinking he was right and should get away with it? He wanted to get away with it for understandable reasons. I'd be more pissed off if he just admitted it and accepted the ban, as it doesn't really punish Suarez but fucks Liverpool over.

The fact that this isn't his first offence means he has yet to address his problem, ergo he has no sense of right and wrong and therefore no regard for his family and peers. Just like a spoilt child.

He's going to play football when he returns. Just like he did last time. The only losers are the club who have to buy a replacement or somehow cope with it's second and third choice strikers in order to keep the season alive.

Agreed. I think the least Luis could do is forego his Liverpool wages or at least donate them to charity.

Yes it is wrong, but that's what happens when you have a corrupt judicial system. Are you telling me if you were a Jew ion Nazi Germany, you would do the "right thing" and turn yourself in?

I don't think Luis was faced with death.

They'll use it to try and do so. As Portly says, there's no reason to let them get away with it.

Sanchez is a little bit too ball greedy, also he's the same age as Suarez but not as good or prolific. It makes more sense to fail Adam Lallana during his medical, and use all the cash we have to get James.

It's nothing personal, but Suarez is 27 and it's our last chance to get £80m for him. His biting incident has given us the perfect reason to sell him without the club looking weak or unambitious. It's time to let him go in my opinion and get James.

The "I tripped" excuse is about as believable as when you arrive at A&E with a milk bottle stuck up your arse.

The "I tripped" excuse is about as believable as when you arrive at A&E with a milk bottle stuck up your arse.

A friend of a friend is a radiologist and one day an old boy came in for a stomach x-ray. When the x-ray developed she noticed there was a glass bottle up his jacksie. Turned out to be old spice in the end.

Suarez in bullshit excuse shocker!

I don't think we will sell him. He is box office stuff

Back
Top Bottom