• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bite, Nibble, Munch and Chomp

I'll refrain from making comments about the intelligence of his biggest supporters. Even if they finally feel let down by him

People want to watch him, whether it's to see his skills or what next stupid thing he'll do. That makes us money

I'll refrain from making comments about the intelligence of his biggest supporters. Even if they finally feel let down by him

People want to watch him, whether it's to see his skills or what next stupid thing he'll do. That makes us money

or lose us money in the long run.

You should remember - the sign of someone truly wise is someone who can learn from every pesron ... learn from all, even those who you feel are below you, and stay humble ... Humility isn't a bad quality - even on an interent forum.

How will he lose us money?

His second bite didn't cost us a penny. Even the embarrassing t-shirt display didn't make a difference

Fuck humility

How will he lose us money?

His second bite didn't cost us a penny. Even the embarrassing t-shirt display didn't make a difference

Fuck humility

If he pulls some stupid stunt again, we won't be able to sell him for anything major ... So we'll be paying his 200k/week wages and stuck with him until he leaves on a freebie ... I doubt the money we'll make from controversy/football genius will cover it ..

humility = good
rosco = good

humility = for rosco.

His age/contract/ decline is the only thing that will make him unsellable.
Not his actions

We've already shown we're more than prepared to accommodate his indiscretions, as long as he delivers on the pitch. This latest ban is hardly so out of character for him that would cause his asking price to plummet, insofar as his value to us remains unchanged.

You see that's the kind of thing a politician says in order to make the best of the current situation and mood. The fact is you were wrong about the racism issue, both morally and legally. Just because Suarez acted like a dick subsequently, it doesn't change the fact you were wrong, it just gives you an opportunity to finally, at last, make the above proclamation in order to vindicate your earlier incorrect opinions about him.

Perhaps it's that continual weight of all the incorrect opinions about him which led him to act like a dick. In which case you're a dick too. If you incorrectly called him a racist, and his kids heard that, why shouldn't he bite you? Then take the piss by showing no remorse and making up a hilarious explanation.

At the end of last season he was physically tired, and the decline which it caused in his performances was really drastic he barely offered anything in those games. If that's a sign of what an older Suarez has to offer, I'd be thinking twice about keeping him.

At the end of last season he was physically tired, and the decline which it caused in his performances was really drastic he barely offered anything in those games. If that's a sign of what an older Suarez has to offer, I'd be thinking twice about keeping him.

Whatever you think about Suarez, you can't deny that he gives everything on the pitch. I think that because of the huge efforts he made last season, including being kicked to death in every game accompanied with accusations of diving, it was only human for him to begin to flag towards the end. It's extremely unfair to allege that it is evidence that he is in decline as a player.

I don't think it matters one iota what we want, he seems to have made his mind up and if the rumours are true that we have actually been in preliminary discussions with Barca for months then this is a done deal. If we get £80m it allows us to rebuild the parts of the teams that need urgent attention and the sum of the whole blah blah blah ...

Rio Ferdinand has told Brendan Rodgers that Liverpool need to keep Luis Suarez, even though the striker will miss the start of the season as he serves a four-month ban from all football.

Suarez was banned by FIFA after world football's governing body found the Uruguay forward guilty of biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini in a World Cup Group G match.
Uruguay have launched an appeal against the decision, which includes their next nine international matches as well as precluding Suarez from "all football-related activity" until two months into the next club season. It is his third biting-related suspension in the past four years.

But former Manchester United defender Ferdinand believes that English football's reigning double Player of the Year -- a reported target for Barcelona -- is indispensable at Anfield. "If I were the Liverpool manager, there wouldn't be a moment's doubt about what to do next with Luis Suarez," Ferdinand wrote in The Mail on Sunday. "I'd keep him.

"Leave aside, just for a moment, questions of morality or whether his ban is long enough and what is going on is his head to make him do these extraordinarily bad things.
"Purely and simply from a football perspective, what he does for you on the pitch -- and I don't mean biting people -- makes him indispensable.

"And with the season Liverpool have ahead of them, that's truer than ever. They had a brilliant 2013-14, pushing for the title when many people thought they might struggle to get into the top four. Although they didn't win it they were superb, with Suarez the single most significant reason for that.

"The Premier League will be at least as tough next season, and probably much tougher with Louis van Gaal at a new-look Manchester United. Liverpool will have Champions League football, too, so any manager at Anfield would want Suarez in the team. "So that's the football decision. It's an easy one to make."

Whatever you think about Suarez, you can't deny that he gives everything on the pitch. I think that because of the huge efforts he made last season, including being kicked to death in every game accompanied with accusations of diving, it was only human for him to begin to flag towards the end. It's extremely unfair to allege that it is evidence that he is in decline as a player.

I'm not saying he's in decline already, but it's not far off. The way he played last season when he was tired might be an indication of the future, what he'll be like when is no longer as young and energetic as we've been used to.

His movement and dribbling gets him away from the best defenders. But what he should have done last season when he slowed down was use his brain in order to find space before the ball comes. Then he could do whatever he needed to do without having to bust a gut to beat the defender. If he lacks that intelligence, then he's going to become very useless very quickly.

It's as broad as it's long really. He's a World Class talent that's virtually irreplaceable. We either take the rough with the smooth and deal with his timebomb mentality and utter brilliance, or we take the £65m and buy again, either way I'm not that fussed. He's a dickhead but he's brilliant, I'm sure that means the usually nobheads have an opinion on this fans intelligence. Not sure why like, it's like saying someone's an idiot for supporting Ronnie O'Sullivan or John McEnroe. You can have an opinion on their stupidity but still support them as fantastic sportsmen.

Board won't lower the fee apparently.

There is no reason to lower the price, he's an outstanding footballer. Any buyer is going to have to weigh the risk in signing him, LFC already have that risk so it make no sense to double down on it by lowering the transfer fee.

Of course we shouldnt lower the fee. Either pay his release clause or fuck off.

It will be a very sad day when he leaves. Mad as fuck but one of the best players ever to wear the Liverpool shirt.
We'll miss his brilliance but as always someone else will step up (hopefully).

He's not going anywhere. I just met John Henry getting a breakfast sandwich in Wendy's in Astoria and he told me we won't sell.

I don't think it matters one iota what we want, he seems to have made his mind up and if the rumours are true that we have actually been in preliminary discussions with Barca for months then this is a done deal. If we get £80m it allows us to rebuild the parts of the teams that need urgent attention and the sum of the whole blah blah blah ...

Where does all this about him having made up his mind come from??
Everyone talks about it but there are no quotes from him, no rumours of him saying anything...nothing.And we know he can't really keep his mouth shut, can he?

Where does all this about him having made up his mind come from??
Everyone talks about it but there are no quotes from him, no rumours of him saying anything...nothing.And we know he can't really keep his mouth shut, can he?

Now you mention it ;)

I'm just making the assumption from the comments (in the Spanish press - yeah I know) that he has already come to an agreement with Barca. And wasn't it Ballaque (I might be wrong) that said we've been in discussion with Barca for months now ?

Back
Top Bottom