• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bon Van Dijk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe players like Salah, van Dijk etc want to try something else?
Live in Paris or Barcelona or Milan?
Feels like the end of a chapter or a last dance.

Trent will definitely stay, he just wants to get paid.

Maybe players like Salah, van Dijk etc want to try something else?
Live in Paris or Barcelona or Milan?
Feels like the end of a chapter or a last dance.

Trent will definitely stay, he just wants to get paid.
I hope not. I think part of why Klopp feels comfortable leaving is because he’s leaving us with a solid team/foundation. It would be devastating to see it fall apart so quickly.

I hope not. I think part of why Klopp feels comfortable leaving is because he’s leaving us with a solid team/foundation. It would be devastating to see it fall apart so quickly.
Is this spider Neil, Neildo or a completely new Neal?

@neildo
Forgot my password, and it was linked with an old email. All round failure. So decided to start refresh. New year, new me!
Alright then, I wish the mods could help you out somehow though. Anyway...to comment on your original post...
I really hope you're right and they stick around but I don't like the way Van Dijk is spreading doubts

Oh I don’t know how much glory that account was covered in. But if anyone can help, it would be appreciated!

@neildo

Alright then, I wish the mods could help you out somehow though. Anyway...to comment on your original post...
I really hope you're right and they stick around but I don't like the way Van Dijk is spreading doubts

He isn't spreading doubts. He's answering a question.

Doubt is exactly what has been introduced by Klopp extending his contract and then realizing he couldn't do it any longer. It exists whether it's articulated or not. We were ALREADY discussing the future of these players as soon as we got the news, because we know their contracts are up. We are wondering, in the absence of any information, what the structure of the club will be, what team will be in place, what manager will be in place, how there will be continuity etc. etc.

It is a tremendous upheaval in the club that they've done well to suppress for this long.

Every player will be doubting their future, from young ones that are just breaking through, to established ones at the end of their run.

Oh I don’t know how much glory that account was covered in. But if anyone can help, it would be appreciated!

New Neil, what the fuck are you doing?! This is your time.

Don't go back. Do you know what this much time in solitary does to an account? You really want to unleash that thing upon the world. Devoid of any creative opportunity and festering in an archived corner of a server farm, he gibbers on in a word salad of outdated scm talking points. Net spend, Nathaniel Clyne? Firmino on the left? What the fuck is this lunatic on about, please, don't do it.

He isn't spreading doubts. He's answering a question.

Doubt is exactly what has been introduced by Klopp extending his contract and then realizing he couldn't do it any longer. It exists whether it's articulated or not. We were ALREADY discussing the future of these players as soon as we got the news, because we know their contracts are up. We are wondering, in the absence of any information, what the structure of the club will be, what team will be in place, what manager will be in place, how there will be continuity etc. etc.

It is a tremendous upheaval in the club that they've done well to suppress for this long.

Every player will be doubting their future, from young ones that are just breaking through, to established ones at the end of their run.
What stopped him from adding "of course I want to stay"?
I completely understand the young players feeling a bit worried because Klopp has given them a pathway to the first team and they might feel that they have to prove themselves all over again.

However, Van Dijk could have given a better answer. I mean, the manager is leaving but the club still remains. I accept that he can't predict the future, but he can at least express that he would be interested in being part of it.

Last edited:
It’s an honest answer, fair enough, but I agree that as club captain he could have been a bit more coy. “Dunno, we’ll see” isn’t the best he could’ve done.

Ultimately doesn’t really matter though.

His answer was essentially I want to focus on what we are doing now, and then when that's over, I'll have more information on which to base a decision so on both points there's no point talking about it now. We will have to wait to see.

Please lie more effectively VVD, the world needs more of that. Tell us you'd stay even if FSG shit the fucking bed in the next few months and somehow incomprehensibly don't make good decisions. Tell us you'd play for us even if we were shit and our manager was Snoogy Doogy, now that he's retired and gone into management.

Reactions: dee
He could have lied and changed his mind in the summer after we won everything. Fucking terrible answer as club captain. Typical Dutch response.

The appropriate response from the club captain is, “Liverpool football club is bigger than any manager or player. Jürgen Klopp is a legend and has added to the glory of this club. It’s been an honor for me to spend so much of my career here. let’s win absolutely everything and give Jurgen the sendoff he deserves. I’m proud to Captain this team and look forward to the future.”

I'm just mad at him because most of my mates only read shit media headlines/tweets and I'm forced to listen to them being convinced about Virgil leaving at the end of the season now

I’ve DMd you
Hopefully I didn't just kill him

101 Dalmatians Reaction GIF

Virg will be 34 at the end of his contract. It's not a gimme that he gets a good deal really, even if he's still at the top of his game right now

Klopp blamed media questions for the uncertainty around Van Dijk, while admitting players will want answers on the direction of the club. But he is adamant the team he has rebuilt into Premier League title contenders will not rupture as a result of his exit.

“No, I don’t think so but it is completely normal,” he said. “It is always clear, when I spoke about what I spoke about, the outside world will not give you a second to process it. It is: ‘What are you doing?’ A week ago when no one knew about my decision and there were 18 months on the contracts, nobody asked. Give the boys a break.

“Virg didn’t go out and say: ‘By the way, what I want to say is …’ It is always about the questions and we always need to answer these kind of things. This club is stable, 100%, and everything will be fine, I am 100% sure, and the rest we have to get through this. We have to get through your questions and give some answers. That is how it is. All people, I would recommend to stay calm in this department, massively.

“Very often the fans’ concerns are not as big as the media might think. You underestimate the IQ of our supporters. There is nothing to worry about in this moment in time. If you know the manager for next season or not, it is always the same. If the boys have to think about these things, that is a human right. Before you make a decision about whatever, that is completely normal.”

Van Dijk, Mohamed Salah and Trent Alexander-Arnold will all enter the final 12 months of their Liverpool contracts this summer.
Klopp believes it would have been wrong to negotiate extensions when the players had no idea until Friday that he would not be in charge next season. Now his departure has been confirmed, Klopp expects progress on new deals to be made swiftly.

“The club knew about my departure for a while [since November] and the club could have used the time and tied the players down,” he said. “And then I say: ‘By the way, I’m not here any more’ and they would be: ‘What? No one told us that.’ You cannot work like that, especially not with the relationship we have.

“There is enough time to do everything. These players love to be here, don’t forget that. It is not that they have one foot out [of the door]. They want to know a little bit of perspective but that is there and it will happen, especially behind the scenes. Everything is fine. Just because we constantly answer questions it feels like: ‘What’s going on there?’ Things, especially important things, need time. Don’t worry. It is all fine. The boys love this place. I know that for a fact.”

Klopp defending our IQ makes me wonder if he ever knew the fanbase at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom