• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bon Van Dijk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the rest of the quotes make it worse than the headline. You could interpret the headline as "I don't know because it's not my decision", as others have said here.

But he's clearly not saying that. He's saying that there's a load of upheaval and he doesn't know how the club is going to handle it, and he'll make a decision based on how they do. It's therefore implicit that he doesn't necessarily trust them to get it right.

Which might be true and reasonable, but probably not the best way for the club to foster confidence in its future etc.
The other side of the coin is it's a conscious ploy to put pressure on the club to not fuck it all up.

At 1.36

Thank you for the clarification, cap.
Now lock this thread

No.. I don't think you can lock it up. Yeah we aren't getting it twisted. However how hard is it to say

"I have 18 months left on my contract. When the new manager arrives we'll sit down and discuss what the future looks like from both parties.."

To me it just seems like he's skirting around the issue.

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out.gif

No.. I don't think you can lock it up. Yeah we aren't getting it twisted. However how hard is it to say

"I have 18 months left on my contract. When the new manager arrives we'll sit down and discuss what the future looks like from both parties.."

To me it just seems like he's skirting around the issue.
Nah TBH you've taken one sentence, IMO, out of context and added an unlikely, though possible, spin to it. Surround that phrase with everything else he had to say and it could just as easily (or more) be taken as a discussion on a contract renewal assuming the new manager wants him.

Nah TBH you've taken one sentence, IMO, out of context and added an unlikely, though possible, spin to it. Surround that phrase with everything else he had to say and it could just as easily (or more) be taken as a discussion on a contract renewal assuming the new manager wants him.

I'm not taking that one sentence.

I'm taking what hasn't been said on either interview.

This threads weird

He's potentially weighing up his options, But that doesn't mean he's going to go scouting for a move.

If it wasn't van dijk no one would care. Why should we care now? It's nothing for us to worry about

This threads weird

He's potentially weighing up his options, But that doesn't mean he's going to go scouting for a move.

If it wasn't van dijk no one would care. Why should we care now? It's nothing for us to worry about

Again that's fine, and normal given the contract situation. But just say it. Rather than all the waffle.

People love a good story which they can read snippets of and then sensationalise into something else, what's new.

Everything Van Dijk's said is natural for a club going through multiple personnel changes above the players. The guys got 17 months left on his deal....it takes 1 minute to put pen to paper on an extension.

This threads weird

Beacuse he's a famous footballer, an important player and a club captain.

The fact that he's had to come out and clarify - haven't watched the video because I can't be bothered but assuming that's what it is - underlines the need to be careful with what you say.

He's not just a normal guy caught in workplace changes and naturally weighing up his options. Weigh up your options in private and in public, be diplomatic and considerate of your audience.

I don't know why this is so controversial.

Last edited:
In this thread we are learning Nomad is an impossibly needy high maintenance person who will talk themselves out of a relationship by seeking reassurance.

"It's not what you're saying babe. It's what you're NOT saying."

Head for the hills, women.

You OK hun?

He has said he is 100 % committed to the club. Not sure what more we can want from him, or expect.

Media is always looking for one or two words to highlight their piece, often out of context. He wasn't quite savvy enough to avoid giving it to them.

He could have handled the initial interview better but I don't see that there's anything of real concern.

Media is always looking for one or two words to highlight their piece, often out of context. He wasn't quite savvy enough to avoid giving it to them.

He could have handled the initial interview better but I don't see that there's anything of real concern.

I do agree. I just wanted to stir the pot. He'll be 34 at the end of his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom