• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bony is boss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have looked at the videos of him on you tube today, and what I noticed about him is that he seems to have a cool head when in front of goal, not your typical African striker who likes to lash a shot with power, but someone who actually places his shots, and has an ability and strength to hold up the ball. We actually never had a palyer like that last season - he could be a Drogba in the making. I think we should definitely get him for the price tag being quoted PLUS - we know now he can score in the PL, he scored against United, City, Arsenal and us last season so he is capable of scoring against the defenses at the top of the league.

I say buy at that price and call it quits on strikers for this season.

"Typical African striker"

I'm surprised he's gotten away with that.

I have looked at the videos of him on you tube today, and what I noticed about him is that he seems to have a cool head when in front of goal, not your typical African striker who likes to lash a shot with power, but someone who actually places his shots, and has an ability and strength to hold up the ball. We actually never had a palyer like that last season - he could be a Drogba in the making. I think we should definitely get him for the price tag being quoted PLUS - we know now he can score in the PL, he scored against United, City, Arsenal and us last season so he is capable of scoring against the defenses at the top of the league.

I say buy at that price and call it quits on strikers for this season.

Er, isn't Drogba African?

It's back on. Chairman has come on and said he would be willing to listen to the right offer and concedes that Bony may well leave Swansea before the Season is due to start..

*pictures @cloggypop fapping away*

*scarred for life*

*vomits*

Incidently the same article says we are due to bid for both Bony and Reus..

If we sign Reus, I can live with us signing Bony as it's fair to say Reus would make me Bony.

It's back on. Chairman has come on and said he would be willing to listen to the right offer and concedes that Bony may well leave Swansea before the Season is due to start..

Including Borini as part of the deal would make sense for both sides, with Monk and Borini also familiar with each other from the Italian's loan spell there when he was a Chelsea trainee. Whether Borini fancies the move though, is a different thing. Maybe he'll be more open to this move knowing Monk plays a similar system to us, and that they're perhaps slightly better-placed than Sunderland to avoid a relegation scrap in the league.

Oooh I like you bony bony bony, oooh I like your bony bony bony..

I say yeh, yeh, yeh, yeh.... Bony Bony.... Bony Bony..

Wil my chips be fried potatoes or the frozen crap the Italian Irish chippers (sic) sell?

Graeme Kelly (twitter ITK - reliable enough) saying Bony is our no one target to replace Remy signing.

Seeing as Twitter are linking us with Bony again, although he appaz wants very high wages.

Quite interesting, from RAWK;

Here´s some interesting information about Bony and Drogba.

Didier Drogba was 26 years old when he signed for Chelsea for £24m. Bony is currently 25 years old (not the 26 you claimed).
In Drogba's 8 years at Chelsea, on only 2 occassions did he better the 16 league goals scored by Bony last season.

Bony scored 26 in 3552 minutes of football last season in all competitions. A strike rate of a goal every 137 minutes.
In Drogba´s first season at Chelsea he scored 16 goals in 2676 minutes. A strike rate of a goal every 167 minutes.

Drogba has only bettered that strike rate twice. In 2006-07 season he scored at a rate of 1 every 132.4 minutes. In 2009-10 he scored at an incredible rate of a goal every 93 minutes.

However this idea that Bony looks shite in comparison to Drogba can be fucked off right now. Every season since Bony started playing top flight football he has been scoring at a rate of a goal every 116 minutes (2010/11), 159 minutes (2011/12), 80 minutes (2012/13) and 137 minutes (2013/14). The boy scores goals.

Here are a few more foreign strikers first seasons in the Premier League:-
Henry = goal every 129 minutes
Suárez = goal every 170 minutes
Agüero = goal every 112 minutes
Torres = goal every 106 minutes
van Nistelrooy = goal every 109 minutes
Berbatov = goal every 153 minutes

I excluded the likes of van Persie and Ronaldo as they were signed as kids. The list above were all signed as first choice strikers. Bony looks well on his way to being a top Premier League striker. Unfashionable? Maybe. Shite? Don´t embarrass yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom