• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Boxing please

FoxForceFive

6CM Addict
Administrator
I wanna watch some, but I dont stay in touch with the scene so much anymore.

Any decent televised fights coming up?

I assuming at least one of you keeps an eye on it these days!

Eh yeah,

Mayweather vs Marquez next month. Can't wait for that.
Undercard is Chris John and Rocky Jaurez,
Those pair had a great fight earlier in the year, was a draw though.

Here is a few fight over the next few months:

As paddy said Marquez - Mayweather is on in September , heard that that was gonna be moved from a Sky PPV event to a regular Sky airing, have to wait to see on that though.
Tyson Fury fights John Mc Dermott on Sep 11th, that will probably be on ITV4.

Clinton Woods fights Travis Cloud this Saturday, dont know if its on TV anywhere though. ( i usually look for streams on the night of the fight, but can be annoying as most times you will set up till 4am , then just as the fight starts the stream will go dead. I always download the big fights on the Sunday morning via a megaupload link, so if you ever need a download link, just gis a shout.)

Another fight in September is Vitali Klitschko - Chris Arreola, its on HBO so should be streams knocking about.

Theres a few in October:

The Prize fighter tournament is on Sky on Oct 2nd, its an heavyweight one this time and fighters such fighters as Audley Harrisson, Danny Williams and Michael Sprott.

Also on October 30th there is an all-scouse championship fight between Smith and Quigley, this is at the Echo arena and has Kell Brook VS Jennings on the ounder-card as well as the young Olympic lads. Its also on Sky.

The Super-six Tournament stars in October, with Abraham - Taylor on the 17th ,as well as Froch VS Dirrell. Another fight from the tournament is Kessler vs Ward on 21st of November. So far it only airing on Showtime in America, so may need a stream for this one.

And in November there is Valuev - Haye on the 7th and Pacquiao Vs Cotto on the 14th.

now that mate, is what I was looking for.

I download some on Sunday mornings but even newsgroups dont have some so I'll prob ask for some. The sky ppv is fine cos I've got a dodgy cable box.

Cheers mate, you're a star.

McDermott VS Fury this Friday on Sky.

Also, 2 episodes of HBO's Marquez vs Mayweather 24/7 have aired in America so far, iv not got Sky Sports , so not sure if theve been aired over here yet.

[quote author=felly link=topic=35435.msg940671#msg940671 date=1252505683]

Also, 2 episodes of HBO's Marquez vs Mayweather 24/7 have aired in America so far, iv not got Sky Sports , so not sure if theve been aired over here yet.
[/quote]

Yeah i've been watching them (through downloads). In the 2nd episode we found out that Marquez drinks his own piss. Nice. :-X

[quote author=ibromurph link=topic=35435.msg940679#msg940679 date=1252506963]
[quote author=felly link=topic=35435.msg940671#msg940671 date=1252505683]

[/quote]

Yeah i've been watching them (through downloads). In the 2nd episode we found out that Marquez drinks his own piss. Nice. :-X
[/quote]

haha seen that bit mate. I at least thought he would grimace of something when he drunk it, seemed to enjoy it though!

Poor decision by the Ref there i thought. Feel abit for Mcdermott, its like his 1st fight against Danny Williams when he should of been given the nod but didnt.

Was impressed with Fury's chin though, first time iv really seen it tested, took some good shots well.

Yep, good chin whoch is promising. Needs to pay more attention though. He stopped looking at times and spends to long "dabbing" his nose. Whether its sweat from his hair I don't know but it needs to stop or he'll keep getting caught.
Oh, and he needs to stop acting a twat.

Haha, audley harrison is competing in "prizefighter". I didn't realise that was for the world heaviweight championship eh Audley?

John McDermott's defeat to Tyson Fury was a travesty of historic proportions
The verdict of the referee, Terry O'Connor, after Friday's English heavyweight title fight was one of the worst ever witnessed

There was general astonishment when the referee awarded the fight to Tyson Fury, left, over John McDermott. Photograph: Sean Dempsey/PA

There are bad decisions in boxing and there are monumental errors - such as the diabolical verdict Terry O'Connor handed down to John McDermott in Brentwood on Friday night when Tyson Fury clearly got away with a robbery of the highway variety.

Fury, a bankable prospect, keeps his slate clean and will be marketed accordingly. It did him no good, though, to declare afterwards he thought he was a deserved winner - especially when his corner could be heard telling him before he went out for the final round that he was behind on points - and he needs to rein in the bravado.

Poor John, meanwhile, who was also on the wrong end against Danny Williams, contemplates life now as an s/o - selected opponent - when he should be moving ahead of Fury, at least at British level. His ringside declaration - "I'm a nice man. What did I do wrong?" - was one of the most moving post-fight statements I've ever heard from a boxer.

The boxing community has been outraged by the decision, which is saying something; I couldn't even say that Fury's fans agree with it.

The British Boxing Board of Control were discussing the controversy today. They will announce their findings tomorrow.

If they are in any way moved by the injustice, they will ban O'Connor for at least six months and order a rematch. I honestly cannot remember a worse decision in the sport. And that's saying something. People go on about how Joe Bugner was gifted a win over Henry Cooper in "Our 'Enery's" farewell fight in 1971, or how Lennox Lewis was robbed against Evander Holyfield at Madison Square Garden 10 years ago. Fury-McDermott was on an entirely different scale of wrongdoing.

O'Connor's scoring of 98-92 was not just wrong; it was out of kilter with all good judges, without exception, who saw the fight exactly the other way. To put Fury six points clear of McDermott in a 10-round contest in which the "winner" shipped roundhouse right hands all night long was, to put it kindly, an aberration.

Others viewed it more harshly. Frank Maloney, McDermott's promoter, suggested O'Connor looked at his fighter's corner and had flashbacks to 1977 - the night John's father, Stanley, knocked seven bells out of O'Connor at the Royal Albert Hall.

I'm not going there on that one. Most of our referees are former fighters, which is what qualifies them to do the job. I can't believe O'Connor was getting square with John's dad for a loss so long ago.

No, he just cocked it up. He read the fight poorly throughout, failing to see the steady if dull work McDermott was doing, and crediting Fury with points for eye-catching flurries.

The 1-6 favourite couldn't get going, and should have paid the price. He boxed in spurts against an unfashionable opponent who trained his backside off for a contest that meant everything to him. This wasn't just a fight for the English heavyweight title; it was for bragging rights between two proud members of the travelling community.

A rematch is obviously the next step - and Fury will not box as poorly again. But, if he doesn't work off that spare tyre, if he doesn't get serious about his trade, he will throw away a very promising career. And next time, you can bet on McDermott being even more determined to set things right.

Well, he kinda did.

The contract stated less than 147, but if he weighed more than 145 he had to pay Marquez 'a six figure penalty'.

So the fight can still go ahead, as Marquez agrees & has got more cash.

haha the article I read didn't mention that and made Marquez out to be a bit of a hero for shrugging off Mayweather's inability to make the mark.

Can you read anything into his failure to make the mark ? He's been out a while now and it could mean his conditioning isn't top notch

Hmmm, not that much TBH, I doubt he's as good as he was right now but give him this fight & another few months training & he'll be ready for the big payday that's inevitably waiting for the winner of this & the pacquiao fight.

I'm positive he'll win tonight/tomorrow. Gutted it's a 4/5am start like, never used to bother me before we had Luke, cant go to be at 6am now cos he's just getting up!

I was gonna do that, but figure I may as well make the most of it & avoid the result for the day (not so difficult as doing some diy then watching the footy) & d/load it in HD to watch on the projector in the evening.

Heh, it's ok, was meant to insert a smiley in there but got distracted by a small boy jumping on me. My child I may add, not a strange small boy, that'd be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom