1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Boxing please

Discussion in 'Other Sports Forum' started by FoxForceFive, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Rosco

Rosco Worse than Brendan Honorary Member

Are we allowed talk about it yet ?

2. ibromurph

ibromurph Well-Known Member

I think so.

It was a boxing clinic from Mayweather, as expected. Maybe now he'll fight someone his own size.

3. Rosco

Rosco Worse than Brendan Honorary Member

Shane Mosley ?

I'm sure he'd knock him around the ring too.

4. ibromurph

Yeah.. I'd like to see him take on Mosley or Paul Williams. Now those would be real tests for Mayweather. Unfortunately, the don't 'sell' enough PPV for 'Money' so they're seen as high-risk low-reward fights.

5. felly

felly Active Member

Was thinking if Mayweather won he would take on the winner of Cotto vs Pacquiao. Looks like Shane Mosely may off talked him-self into getting a fight now though.

6. SaintGeorge67

SaintGeorge67 Well-Known Member

Shane Mosley is shit. I hope he goes for manny instead

7. SaintGeorge67

And as good as Mayweather was, the sky commentator was awful. Every sentance he was just inventing a new way to say how great Mayweather was and waiting for Jim Watt to agree with him, then repeating.

8. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

He's too fucking fast. I wish give someone a whupping though, he's more than capable of doing it. Reminds me of Lennox - In/Out/In/Out/In/out until we all fall asleep.

9. Jürgen4PM

Jürgen4PM Well-Known Member

I can't see anyone getting close to Mayweather unless he shows some balls and fights an opponent at their preferred weight.

10. Jürgen4PM

Jürgen4PM Well-Known Member

Ultimate respect to Marquez for going the distance.

11. Judge Jules

Judge Jules SCM Addict Member

Absolutely. Tough as a tighthead's jockstrap.

12. felly

felly Active Member

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=35435.msg947117#msg947117 date=1253460030]
    And as good as Mayweather was, the sky commentator was awful. Every sentance he was just inventing a new way to say how great Mayweather was and waiting for Jim Watt to agree with him, then repeating.
    [/quote]

Yeah mate, top performance by Mayweather, but i thought the sky sports fellas were going way overboard.

13. FoxForceFive

FoxForceFive Administrator Administrator

Mayweather's ace, like fucking smoke. I'd pay someone to pull the fuckers feet out from underneath him in the twelfth just so I could get one good smack in before the final bell. Not that I'd make it to to the twelfth, I'd be lucky to make twelve minutes.

The US commentary on my downloaded one just waxed lyrical for ages. All about stats of punches landed & how Mayweather was the greatest defence boxer of all time (a phrase used 7 times by the two commentators).

14. SaintGeorge67

Mayweather vs Gatti is still the best thing I've ever seen in boxing.

He should tell Mosley to fuck off as he's a no one anymore. Pacqiuao is where it's at (and Floyd will KO him, as smaller and slower people have done before).

15. Mors

Mors Well-Known Member

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=35435.msg947805#msg947805 date=1253564163]
    Mayweather's ace, like fucking smoke. I'd pay someone to pull the fuckers feet out from underneath him in the twelfth just so I could get one good smack in before the final bell. Not that I'd make it to to the twelfth, I'd be lucky to make twelve minutes.

The US commentary on my downloaded one just waxed lyrical for ages. All about stats of punches landed & how Mayweather was the greatest defence boxer of all time (a phrase used 7 times by the two commentators).
    [/quote]

Think I had the same commentry as you mate. I turned it down and watched it whilst listening to match of the day in the background lol

16. ibromurph

If Mayweather truly wants to be considered the best, he'd challenge himself by going UP in weight classes and fighting some of the best in the 147, 154 and 160 division.. and not just winning belts for the sake of them from paper champions such as Carlos Baldomir or a fading ODLH.

Sugar Ray Robinson first fought Jake Lamotta at a 16lbs weight disadvantage.. lost 1, won 4.

Sugar Ray Leonard went up in weights, from welterweight right through to Super Middleweight! Went up against legends like Duran, Hitman Hearns and Marvin Hagler.

Ali, well, is just Ali.. he couldn't go up in weight, but against all odds beat Liston, then the Government, then Frazier.. than of course, the killer that was Foreman.

Mayweather simply hasn't tested himself. He's taken fights at the right time against the right people, at the right weight. The only person he took any sort of risk fighting was Hatton, and we all saw how that turned out. Hatton wasn't all that he was cracked up to be (another fighter who was hiding behind an unbeaten record at the time).

Mayweather is far too much of a promoter/entertainer to be considered amongst the top echeleons of the All Time Greats.. whilst his natural talent could possibly be greater than all those listed above, his resumé certainly isn't. He's far too scared of losing his '0' to take any 'risky' fights, which is a shame because it really doesn't mean THAT much now that he's made a lot of money.

17. Judge Jules

Excellent summary. The ironic thing is that I reckon Mayweather would actually have a decent shot at coming through such tests. He hasn't proven it though, and I doubt he will now.

18. SaintGeorge67

He's moved up plenty of weight divisions

19. Judge Jules

Point is, though, he hasn't fought a REALLY serious threat all the way through.

20. SaintGeorge67