• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brew's ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there's a buyback clause, I actually think it's a good deal.

• We get guaranteed amount of money for an unproven (no doubt talented) player.
  • We will eventually need to pay more if we were to bring him back but it's similar to paying the other club for developing him (without us having to pay his wages)
  • Even if we don't re-sign him to play for us, we can do so to make a profit so long as he developed as a player (e.g. Morata was sold to Juve for €20m, bought back for €30m and sold to Chelsea for €60m; Atletico cancelled Southampton's option to buy to sell him to Tottenham for a higher fee) - not forgetting the premium on English players. --> while others may disagree, I am actually in favour of investing in and developing young players for the first team and if not, generate transfer funds.
  • Fair to say that clubs treat players differently (commitment level wise, to fulfil their potential) if they are their own vs. just loan players?
  • Additional income during such time of uncertainty
  • We can reinvest the money on players who suit the system and/or can contribute more to the team at the moment

It's up to Edwards to work his magic on how to make the clause work in our favour. Casemiro was loaned to Porto for a season with Porto having an option to buy for €15m but "there was a clause in his contract allowing Real Madrid to buy him back as long as they told Porto of their intentions before June 5 and paid €7.5m"

I'm quite sure it won't be just straightforward €x million buy back clause.

Last edited:
It all depends on how this was sold to him and we'll likely never know that. Gini was leaving and Thiago wasn't signing a week ago. I trust our coaching and backroom staff now.

[article]Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder says he has spoken to Jurgen Klopp about signing Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster on loan.

The Blades are one of up to six Premier League clubs who have expressed an interest in the 20-year-old this summer - including Crystal Palace, Newcastle and Aston Villa.

Sheffield United and Crystal Palace have both held talks with Liverpool but the Premier League champions have yet to decide whether he will be allowed to leave Anfield in this window.

Brewster spent the second half of last season on loan at Swansea, scoring 10 goals in 20 Sky Bet Championship games.

He returned to make a substitute appearance in Liverpool's Community Shield defeat to Arsenal last month and missed the crucial penalty in the shootout.

He is keen on discussing the idea of a move, in order to get more first-team football.

"We've made an enquiry, I am not going to mug everybody off by saying there hasn't been an enquiry," said Wilder ahead of Sheffield United's game at Aston Villa on Monday, live on Sky Sports.

"I have spoken to the manager (Klopp), the club has spoken to Liverpool. I have left that situation now for the CEO and I will get my answers off him regarding Rhian and other targets as well.

"We are looking in that position. We've got a list of players, like everybody else. We have to be open-minded about it and that's what we are being."[/article]

[article]Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder says he has spoken to Jurgen Klopp about signing Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster on loan.

The Blades are one of up to six Premier League clubs who have expressed an interest in the 20-year-old this summer - including Crystal Palace, Newcastle and Aston Villa.

Sheffield United and Crystal Palace have both held talks with Liverpool but the Premier League champions have yet to decide whether he will be allowed to leave Anfield in this window.

Brewster spent the second half of last season on loan at Swansea, scoring 10 goals in 20 Sky Bet Championship games.

He returned to make a substitute appearance in Liverpool's Community Shield defeat to Arsenal last month and missed the crucial penalty in the shootout.

He is keen on discussing the idea of a move, in order to get more first-team football.

"We've made an enquiry, I am not going to mug everybody off by saying there hasn't been an enquiry," said Wilder ahead of Sheffield United's game at Aston Villa on Monday, live on Sky Sports.

"I have spoken to the manager (Klopp), the club has spoken to Liverpool. I have left that situation now for the CEO and I will get my answers off him regarding Rhian and other targets as well.

"We are looking in that position. We've got a list of players, like everybody else. We have to be open-minded about it and that's what we are being."[/article]

I like that much better! On loan. And if he gets plenty of game time (as he should) that could be to everyone's benefit.

I reckon a loan deal is a good result here, much better than selling Brewster - we need to find a way of getting him games.

I thought we were told loans don't work at this stage?!

That was probably before that mad genius Edwards found a way to bring in Thiago and Jota this season for less than the cost of a Jamal Lewis. We probably don't have to sell (with or without a buy back clause) now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom