• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henderson - wants rid of VAR
Robertson- wants to talk about VAR
Milner - wants to talk about VAR and is falling out of love with the game.

Not a great place to be.

It shows how dangerous it is to give technology to idiots. VAR was originally conceived as a way to intervene in isolated and exceptional circumstances, such as a 'hand of God' incident, or maybe someone elbowing someone in the face when the ref's back was turned, or someone offside by a large margin, etc etc. That was supposed to be it. And even when they got the prototype ready, it was still down as designed to rectify clear and obvious errors. So it's just profoundly depressing how that bit of technology now gets used to 'solve' problems that nobody ever thought were problems. It's the most almighty cock-up ever in the game.

Shite but let’s not have a meltdown. Teams have had crap VAR decisions for years.

Still top.

We’ve still got more than 30% more points than Everton. Despite them killing van Dijk and Thiago.

Just saw the peno. Bit shit.

Anyway, we are handling the pressure remarkable well. Injuries keep coming. We keep staying on top of the league and our group in Europe. We can't complain too much.

I'm not a fan of klopp moaning about the kick off time.

I doubt he is either. But it needs to be done. That little creep Guardiola is just letting Klopp do all the work instead of joining in. If I was Klopp I'd be tempted to boycott Des Kelly for a while, but that would only feed the publicity-hungry git that he is. Best just give him the shortest and most boring interviews possible. That way BT will soon 'move him on to other projects'.

I doubt he is either. But it needs to be done. That little creep Guardiola is just letting Klopp do all the work instead of joining in. If I was Klopp I'd be tempted to boycott Des Kelly for a while, but that would only feed the publicity-hungry git that he is. Best just give him the shortest and most boring interviews possible. That way BT will soon 'move him on to other projects'.
Why should we have the right to hand pick our kick off times?

We play again on Tuesday. So arguably the 12.30 kick off today was the best slot.

It was petulant from Klopp.

Jurgen has been complaining about this for a while.

If other countries (i.e. Germany) do their best to look after their best teams (Bayern/Dortmund), I am not sure why England don't do it?

Especially in this Covid season.

I listened to the interview and Jurgen didn't whinge as much as it was reported he was.

Said the ref got all decisions right, when the interviewer was trying to get a reaction out of him. And only got his back up when the interviewer mentioned the injury to Milner and probed him around kick off times. Got exactly the reaction he was probing for. Jurgen admitted in the BBC interview that he was silly enough to fall into the trap. Fair play to him.

We shouldn’t hand pick but the broadcasters don’t have to be cunts about it. An 8pm kick off would’ve been better and it provides a little more recovery time.

Why couldn’t Man U be the 12:30 kick off who played on Tuesday?

I think something happened with the first draft of the Christmas fixtures and he flipped his lid. Then that carried on and wilder piped up and he flipped on him too.

Why should we have the right to hand pick our kick off times?

We play again on Tuesday. So arguably the 12.30 kick off today was the best slot.

It was petulant from Klopp.

It's nice in those chains, isn't it? Comfortable. Pull your forelock, the owner is coming. Who the hell said anything about 'picking our kick off times'? It's about hard and fast sports science facts. Playing again on Tuesday is ANOTHER problem. Hello?? Wakey wakey! This is a mad season, appallingly organised, which is causing players for all teams to break down - have you not been paying attention?

I'm slowly losing interest in football this season. This isn't some salty rant that we dropped points. The simple fact is all the joy and excitement has been sapped out of the sport in the name of faux-accuracy. The whole thing is a farce.

I'm enjoying the rugby a lot more these days. Football is fast becoming a chore. If you can't celebrate goals then what is the point?

The level of incompetence to reach this point is bewildering.

I can imagine a lot of rival fans thinking he’s a whinger. I didn’t like it. Came across very childish.
God, don’t you ever shut the fuck up? Who cares about rival fans other than you, you closet United fuckwit

Last edited:
I can imagine a lot of rival fans thinking he’s a whinger. I didn’t like it. Came across very childish.

Who gives one shiny sh!te, let alone two, WHAT "a lot of rival fans" think, assuming they do any feckin "thinking" at all?

Gary Lewin (ex-Arse and England physio) has said this morning that the pressures on players this season could take two or three years to get over.

It's nice in those chains, isn't it? Comfortable. Pull your forelock, the owner is coming. Who the hell said anything about 'picking our kick off times'? It's about hard and fast sports science facts. Playing again on Tuesday is ANOTHER problem. Hello?? Wakey wakey! This is a mad season, appallingly organised, which is causing players for all teams to break down - have you not been paying attention?

Wakey wakey? It's the same for all teams in Europe. Stop whinging. So yes I have been paying attention. Now you're coming across as petulant.

Is it causing more injuries? Probably. I'd argue that internationals should have been the one to go first.

Theres always been Wednesday/Saturday/Tuesday European rounds at this stage of the season. In fact sometimes it was Wednesday/Sunday/Tuesday.

Wakey wakey? It's the same for all teams in Europe. Stop whinging. So yes I have been paying attention. Now you're coming across as petulant.

Is it causing more injuries? Probably. I'd argue that internationals should have been the one to go first.

Theres always been Wednesday/Saturday/Tuesday European rounds at this stage of the season. In fact sometimes it was Wednesday/Sunday/Tuesday.
Not without a proper period of rest between the seasons, and a full preseason - and that was Klopps ENTIRE point if you listen to the interview. Ordinarily, no problem with the schedule, although it’s very crammed. In current circumstances the same schedule is fucking stupid.

You're really not looking at the big picture. I'm not sure what this self-flagellation is all about but I'll leave you to it. There's clearly no prospect of any agreement.

Of course its the same for all teams, you nob faced twat, which is exactly what Klopp is saying, while at the same time highlighting the way it impacts his team

It may be the same for all teams but someone has to take a stand no? Should Klopp take all the injuries on the chin or can he voice his frustrations at how fixtures are being moved to facilitate TV coverage without giving any concern to the players recovery time.

Yes. People can't act like it's just an ordinary season. It isn't. Once we're into the Christmas period the injuries are going to get even worse. Then next summer all the hacks who are sneering about this now will be handwringing and wailing about how the international sides have been wrecked.

And as for this idiotic 'managers should have told their CEOs not to do the deals' - how simple are these people? Do they imagine managers have that kind of clout? If they did, then why don't they double their own transfer budget whenever they fancy it? Managers are as powerless over their bosses commercial decisions as TV journalists are over their own broadcasting bosses - another reason why Des Kelly's sanctimonious claptrap was so cynically hypocritical.

Are we the moaning bitches we accused everyone else of being?
Well kinda.

The thing is, despite us having shit decisions, they so rarely cost us, or we saw one go our way the same game too very often.

I know it cost us a lot by the end of season (not that anyone believes the facts), but it was felt as keenly.

This is now three weeks plus of shite decision after shite decision & it's costing us, with no sign of the decisions that go for us either. No swings & roundabouts.

So yeah, we're just doing what other clubs were doing last season. Tbh, it may not look great, but if it puts any pressure on officials to give an utterly subjective decision our way in future, then its worth it.

Des Kelly would make you sick. He's being credited for taking on Klopp and standing his ground. He acted offended in an effort of goad Klopp. Hardly Frost Vs Nixon.

Plus, I get why Klopp is taking a stand. We've just won the league. He's top dog right now. It carries more weight when he says it. Why are people thinking Des Kelly held his own and good on him? Klopp comments can help the rest of the league. He's asking broadcasters to be mindful when selecting TV games. It's an obvious thing to consider, after all they are damaging their own product if top players are out injured.

Chris Wilder is like some weird version of Monty Python's Black Night. He'll go from having about 15 fit players, to 12, to about 8, and he'll still be saying, 'Ha! I'm not having those big teams get an advantage by having all those subs! Sure, with no keeper, and a 12 year old as our captain, till he limped off, and that bloke we found hiding in a hedge at our training ground as our centre forward, till he limped off, yeah, we lost 22-0, but it might have been 40-0 if they'd been allowed to bring on five subs! Ha! We showed them! I'm standing up for my club, that's what I'm doing!'

Chris Wilder is like some weird version of Monty Python's Black Night. He'll go from having about 15 fit players, to 12, to about 8, and he'll still be saying, 'Ha! I'm not having those big teams get an advantage by having all those subs! Sure, with no keeper, and a 12 year old as our captain, till he limped off, and that bloke we found hiding in a hedge at our training ground as our centre forward, till he limped off, yeah, we lost 22-0, but it might have been 40-0 if they'd been allowed to bring on five subs! Ha! We showed them! I'm standing up for my club, that's what I'm doing!'
His teams will be (more) ineffective and rely on long hopeful balls and individual dribbling worldies, because "none shall pass"

Poor Des Kelly has never really gotten over the damp squib that was his stab at 'TV stardom'. He was a hack at the Daily Mail when he got his own chat show on BT Sport - mainly, it seemed, because the producers assumed that as he had grey hair and was called Des, he'd be another Des Lynam. Then he started dating Carol Vorderman. Then BT dumped him and she dumped him and BT made him sit in the cold every match and only usually appear off camera. Maybe he should have told his bosses not to scrap his chat show. That's what you can do with bosses, just tell them what they should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom