• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it was much like the game mid-week in that Klopp made the wrong choice with the starting line up

Front three...
Mane should have started, and if anything be subbed off later in the game...
Either play Frimino, or Jota... Is it just me or does Jota have a greater effect on the game when he start in the centre of the three...?

Midfield...

We were playing most of the tie with two in midfield...
I was so happy when we bought Minamino, and yes i knew that it would take time and games to settle in, but yeserday, the amount of times he was in space signaling for the ball or pointing to where he wanted it to be played, only to be ignored by the Liverpool players around him was a Joke...
said during the game that "Minamino has to demand the ball more, the game is getting played around him, and being a creative player you have to have the ball to create"

Markeh during the game... "i don’t want to batter the guy but it feels a bit like nobody wants to pass to him unless they have no other option"

What is the point of him being on the pitch if he is not going to be passed too..?

Hopefully Klopp and co can sort this out fast

Henderson made a huge difference in mindfield

Defence... Thought Milner played better at R/B, but boy do we miss TAA

For me it was much like the game mid-week in that Klopp made the wrong choice with the starting line up

Front three...
Mane should have started, and if anything be subbed off later in the game...
Either play Frimino, or Jota... Is it just me or does Jota have a greater effect on the game when he start in the centre of the three...?

Why play Mane when he was obviously already absolutely knackeed? How is that a less naive choice? When you're in the two game a week situation, your most logical choice is to pick a completely new first eleven. No one can do that in practice, of course, so your next rational option is to either rest whomever your medical team tell you to rest, or, failing that, just cherry pick your best players for a rest, and then fill-in accordingly. That's pretty much it at present. No wonder Klopp looks shattered and very, very pissed off.

Why play Mane when he was obviously already absolutely knackeed? How is that a less naive choice? When you're in the two game a week situation, your most logical choice is to pick a completely new first eleven. No one can do that in practice, of course, so your next rational option is to either rest whomever your medical team tell you to rest, or, failing that, just cherry pick your best players for a rest, and then fill-in accordingly. That's pretty much it at present. No wonder Klopp looks shattered and very, very pissed off.

Then why even bring him on at all if that was the case...?Chasing the game he is going too work even harder
And what are you basing him being tried on? His performance in the Atalanta game?

He (Mane) look a hell of alot better once Jota and Frimino came on and Robertson as did the whole team in that game

Who gives one shiny sh!te, let alone two, WHAT "a lot of rival fans" think, assuming they do any feckin "thinking" at all?

Gary Lewin (ex-Arse and England physio) has said this morning that the pressures on players this season could take two or three years to get over.

I think perception plays a part in how refs treat us so yes I care and I think it’s important.

He’s made his point and needs to park it now.

14f559a67b24b10ff03c80191004761d.jpg

Maybe the margin error actually work better due to the current lack of accuracy of the current setup with lack of fps ?
Doesn’t the goal line tech also have some accountability for margin of error factored in?

Maybe the margin error actually work better due to the current lack of accuracy of the current setup with lack of fps ?
Doesn’t the goal line tech also have some accountability for margin of error factored in?
I thought that there was actually something woven/built into the ball to make it 100% accurate? As in it's not reliant on cameras? Maybe that was a dream.

As I said in another thread, I cant get why people think this "margin of error" will improve the situation. The argument switches from whether a player is level or 0.5cm offside to one of whether he is 10cm or 10.5cm offside

As I said in another thread, I cant get why people think this "margin of error" will improve the situation. The argument switches from whether a player is level or 0.5cm offside to one of whether he is 10cm or 10.5cm offside
Because if the lines touch. Give the benefit of the doubt. At the moment they go down to 0.00002cm it seems

And that's if the lines are drawn correctly. If...

My issue is that they are drawing lines and using this method as 100% fool proof scientific methodology but from bits I gathered it’s not and just seems more open to the reviewer’s interpretation at the time. I could be wrong though...

The argument for that though is the 5cms covers the potential fps inaccuracy, so if he's 6cms offside then that really lessens the argument that he may actually have been onside (though the maths I gave above suggests the margin for error is actually much greater, but it's better than it is now).

Because if the lines touch. Give the benefit of the doubt. At the moment they go down to 0.00002cm it seems

And that's if the lines are drawn correctly. If...
But at least 50% of the arguments about VAR offside decisions are where the lines are drawn ... so does this really solve it?

But at least 50% of the arguments about VAR offside decisions are where the lines are drawn ... so does this really solve it?
Partially. Because it would give leeway for both the FPS issue and the human error in drawing the lines.

If they touch.. stay with on field decision. Whether that be on-side or off-side with the linesman flag.

I think perception plays a part in how refs treat us so yes I care and I think it’s important.

He’s made his point and needs to park it now.

Fans' perception plays a part in how refs treat us? On your planet maybe.

Made or not, if the point is ignored by the media I'll support him bringing it up again.

I've always said that if VAR can't decide on a judgement after one replay, then go back to the ref and continue with the game. If you can't see that a decision is wrong after one slo-mo replay - which in tself represents a huge advantage over the ref on the pitch in real time - then there's no clear and obvious error. Multiple replays just expose how wrong the intervention is.

Cricket shows you can use this technology very effectively. True, you get some operators who seemingly hypnotise themselves with all of the 'rocking and rolling' stuff, but generally the procedure works very well. If you can see a clear error, then you intervene; if you can't, you don't start drawing stupid lines all over the place, you just say umpire's call and shut up.

Yeah, it just needs a time limit. If you can't see a problem in a few seconds from a few different angles and you need ages to come to a decision that is still controversial, what have you achieved? Just sucked the life out of the game for no benefit.

The other thing everyone is going on about is getting fans back in stadia. Why? Noone knows what the fuck is happening. I mean as shit as VAR is at least on TV you know what they're looking at.

It cannot be a constant “big brother is watching thing” either.

Is someone lying on the floor bleeding and has a really serious bit of foul play been missed, has someone blatantly cheated, is someone taking the piss a million miles offside? That’s all we’re looking to clean up

Everything looks like a foul in slow motion. VAR has sucked the joy out of football for both players and fans. Hopefully the constant media pressure will see some changes.
The sad thing is that VAR will probably work just fine, but it cant be run by complete morons.

It’s a load of bollocks when Mane scores a header and can’t do his celebration because he’s not sure and instead just looks sheepish as if he’s done something wrong.

Poorly implemented and has gone too far. Till the tech can be more dynamic and lag free, it’s use should be limited.

Macca's views are spot on on this and echo mine exactly. It should be there to eradicate egregious errors. The Dutch method looks a good way to solve offsides, too. The second you have to get the lines out, just leave it. Go with the onfield decision. All this nitpicking and slow motion replays is completely eradicating context and we're going to end up with a no contact sport. It just needs a bit of common sense. But the people we're talking about lack precisely that.

I honestly can't believe we're now in the age of football where peoples arms can be offside

I'm not happy with the current setup but all this leave it to the ref on the offsides call doesn't really make sense when they've told the linesmans not to raise the flag. Its why the Dutch method at least improves the current setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom