• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Burnley (A) - Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizzle

Deposed match thread starter
Big game this. With news that Salah has a niggle, we surely need to give him a rest. I think we'll line up as:

--------------Karius-------------
TAA---Matip---Lovren--Robbo
--------------Can-------------------
--------Gini------Ox--------------
Mane----Firmino----Coutinho

Time to rest for the front three will come in the FA Cup where I expect to see the likes of Solanke and Lallana starting.

A pity that Ings appears to be kept ready for a loan move, because a run-out against his old club would have been interesting, as well as assisting the rotation policy.

A pity that Ings appears to be kept ready for a loan move, because a run-out against his old club would have been interesting, as well as assisting the rotation policy.

Agreed - he got himself in good touch in the U23s, it seemed like he get some run outs for the first team but that just hasn't materialised. Would hate to see him only get a token 5-10 minutes against them too, not a good position to be in at a club you left - looking like a bit-part.

I watched them vs. Spurs and they gave as good as they got ... but Spurs murdered them on the break. Their confidence should be back after a down from that game too, with that excellent draw away at United. I think this is going to be the toughest of our 3 matches.

Spurs provided the blueprint - fast breaks. I also doubt Sturridge, Grujic (broken finger) or Ings are fit to play the match, let alone start. Maybe Ings for Firmino if he's fit ?

-------------------Karius-------------------
Gomez-----Matip----Klavan----Robertson
---------------Milner----Can---------------
--------------------Oxlade-------------------
Salah------------Firmino---------Mane

If Salah isn't fit then :

-------------------Karius-------------------
Gomez-----Matip----Klavan----Robertson
---------------Milner----Can---------------
--------------------Oxlade-------------------
Mane------------Firmino---------Coutinho

I'd like to fit Lallana in there too but I think Klopp is reintroducing him slowly and he'll get another 30 mins runout before starting vs Everton.

I think Firm and Coutinho will be out, replaced by 2 of Lallana, AOC or Solanke. Firm looks shattered yesterday, no chance he will start.

Imo

Definite starters:

Klavan
AOC
Milner
Wijnaldum
Solanke

Probable:

Trent
Matip
Mane
Coutinho
Lallana

Team, not sure about left back:

Karius

Trent Matip Klavan ?

Milner Wijnaldum Lallana

AOC Solanke Mane

Does that beat Burnley? I don't think so, Salah and Firmino on the bench hopefully and brought in if needed.

LB has to Robertson, he didn't play 1/3 of the season so should be able to handle 3 continuous games (not like we have any other real option). Reckon Coutinho will start and maybe Firmino too considering he's Mr Duracell.

We need Salah to start because he needs to miss three sitters before he scores so he's no good off the bench. But we need him for The Ev.

We need two Salahs.

Not worth starting a City thread two weeks early (though I can't wait for us to tear into them) however :

Manchester City striker Gabriel Jesus will be out for "a little more than a month" with the injury he sustained during Sunday's 0-0 draw at Crystal Palace, says manager Pep Guardiola. The Brazilian, 20, went off in tears after appearing to injure a knee during the first half at Selhurst Park.

City playmaker Kevin de Bruyne could also be set for a spell out after he left the field on a stretcher. However, the Belgian was seen hobbling along the touchline after the game. "I think Gabriel will be out for a little more than a month and Kevin we will see tomorrow if it is just a kick or something else," said Guardiola.

How about this?

4-2-3-1:
-------------------------Mignolet--------------------------
Trent--------Lovren-------------Klavan--------Robbo
--------------------Gini--------Grujic----------------------
Ox-----------------------Mane-----------------Lallana--
--------------------------Solanke--------------------------

I saw pictures of Grujic training with the first team before Leicester, so if his broken finger doesn't prevent him from full training, it shouldn't prevent him from playing. I don't want Milner or Can to play 2 games in 3 days, they tend to look tired and uninspired on short rest as do the Brazilians.

No to Solanke starting, prefer Studge if fit or Mane through the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah but didn't Ibe score quicker for Lfc? Maybe not but does feel like it. He's a young lad and no problem with him but just feel for a tough away game we need more, pity Ings doesn't seem to be in this season's plans. He would have got my game time against Bournemouth and Swansea as sun if he was presunably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a link between Coutinho not being rested during these Christmas/new years games and him leaving?

Is there a link between Coutinho not being rested during these Christmas/new years games and him leaving?

Winning the CL hinges on him staying but I guess for him if he goes he's guaranteed a league medal

He's played every game in full in December (6 ?) so no surprise if he gets a rest between 2 games in 3 days.

Modo is suggesting it's because he's off to Barcelona and we don't care if he's rested or not. I doubt it though, he's too expensive an asset to do that with.

Modo is suggesting it's because he's off to Barcelona and we don't care if he's rested or not. I doubt it though, he's too expensive an asset to do that with.
Ha maybe Klopp is hoping he'll pick up an injury to keep him out for a few weeks to cool their interest until the summer

According to the Mirror, Salah is struggeling with a knee injury and will miss the two next games. Hopefully back against City.

The club’s and VVD’s twitter feeds have him being an official player. I’m guessing he couldn’t be in the squad could he?

The club’s and VVD’s twitter feeds have him being an official player. I’m guessing he couldn’t be in the squad could he?
He hasn't had any time to learn to fuck up the Liverpool way.
It's an age old style that has been passed down from the likes of Grobbelaar, Babb , Kvarme, Scales, Song, Carragher and Traore. Lovren has been excelling at it. Even Matip is getting the hang of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom