• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Bye bye Jude

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeTallecWiz

Doos
Honorary Member
So we won't be signing him it seems... seems like he's out of our price range.
For 2 years, we've monitored him and now we move on two other targets.

A blessing in disguise? The reason ward wanted out? A club that won't spend this summer like we hope it will? Smoke screen?

Absolute blessing wont miss a single minutes sleep over this, we all knew deep down he was out of our price range so why anyone would have their heart set on him is beyond me…we need 3 midfielders for christ sakes…and on top of that we need to plan for the future…Matip
Thiago will leave, Virgil Mo Robbo wont carry on too much longer….etc

I think most of us are sensible enough to understand that there's value for money (the amount that he will cost) spent elsewhere. It's the stance/message that the club (or at least the journos) kept sending and the overall poor squad planning - windows after windows, that makes it frustrating (+ seemingly not learning from past lessons).

Aging squad, key recruitment roles to fill, no CL football, increased competition in the league, rivals pulling ahead......

336691316_176611115261302_1570492891319743866_n.jpg

This account with eleven followers and an average of one like a month has now become SCM famous. Some kid in his basement has just ran upstairs, told his mum that he's made the big time and they're not going to have to live like this anymore.

I know. It's just hilarious because this guy's strategy is to randomly post bad news about the Club.

Somehow the club keeps proving him right though. :(

This account with eleven followers and an average of one like a month has now become SCM famous. Some kid in his basement has just ran upstairs, told his mum that he's made the big time and they're not going to have to live like this anymore.
I ring me mum every time someone likes one of my posts. She’s probably bored of hearing about how hilarious I am as well as being right all the time and

Blast from the past...

U4A.gif

You can blame FSG, you can blame the pandemic but I blame Klopp.
He keeps the likes of Keita, Ox and others around for years and this is what you get.
Then arrogantly states that we don't need midfielders. Just fantastic.

Blast from the past...

He keeps the likes of Keita, Ox and others around for years and this is what you get.

I don't think anyone can escape blame free.

There have been some questionable choices from FSG with regards to financing that have affected LFC's purching power at crucial times. Furthermore, there has been huge disruption in the senior management team seemingly without clear and focused succession planning.

As for Klopp, yeah, it was widely reported that he fought in Henderson's corner for a big renewal last year and if true, that just evidences that common narrative that he's been far too loyal to several in this squad.

Just another reason why you need a strong sporting director (and team) rather than a stream of departures and weak temporary promotions from within.

Our only hope is that he stays at Dortmund for one more season, but it looks most likely that he'll end up at Real. Probably as Modric successor.

Henderson hanging around as captain would make sense. We won't have too many proper leaders next season.
However at least one midfielder should have been recruited last summer regardless of that, and one or both of Ox and Keita should have departed at the same time. Aside from quality, these players have been completely broken physically for 3 years. Even if we'd paid off some of the contract and let them go on a free, it would have opened up some space for a new player's wage bill.
To me, that can't be on Klopp. The recruitment/football director team have been utterly useless. I do wonder if Edwards would have been proactive if he was still around.

Don't know how accurate this is, but just saw it on the net. Transfers since Klopp's appointment in October 2015:
Total Spent: £675.09million
Total Sold: £438.84million
Total Net Spend: £236.25million

That's around 30m per season I think? I'm not blaming a manager who's worked off such an atrociously shit budget and managed to get the top trophies plus 3 CL finals. The man's a genius. He just needs big time help from the owners and hopefully someone capable once again dealing with our transfer strategy.

And FYI apparently this is United's in the same period:
Total Spent: £1.045billion
Total Sold: £237.77million
Total Net Spend: £807.23million

Don't know how accurate this is, but just saw it on the net. Transfers since Klopp's appointment in October 2015:

That's around 30m per season I think? I'm not blaming a manager who's worked off such an atrociously shit budget and managed to get the top trophies plus 3 CL finals. The man's a genius. He just needs big time help from the owners and hopefully someone capable once again dealing with our transfer strategy.

Said this from off, let’s see what we get after Klopp.

Blast from the past...

U4A.gif

Is it still April fools?
Klopp takes blame above all else?

There are two possible explanations for keeping those players and praising them so extravagantly. One is that Klopp's football insight has suddenly fallen off a cliff and he'd have made the same choices whatever the circs. The other is that he's been backed into a corner by an over-restrictive financial strategy and had to make the best of it, on the field in terms of squad selection and off it when making public statements. Given his record, I know which I think is the more credible.

It's very accurate.

Anyone who follows the club year after year would know this...they'll also know these owners time are just about up.

Said this from off, let’s see what we get after Klopp.

We'll get what we saw after Rafa left that's what we'll get.

Grim times ahead my friend, strap yourself in because this is the end of the road.

I don't think anyone can escape blame free.

There have been some questionable choices from FSG with regards to financing that have affected LFC's purching power at crucial times. Furthermore, there has been huge disruption in the senior management team seemingly without clear and focused succession planning.

As for Klopp, yeah, it was widely reported that he fought in Henderson's corner for a big renewal last year and if true, that just evidences that common narrative that he's been far too loyal to several in this squad.

Just another reason why you need a strong sporting director (and team) rather than a stream of departures and weak temporary promotions from within.
Henderson had his peak, I was wrong, it took him a while but he got there.
He can't be starting for a team trying to win titles any more.

Not above all else though, contract renewals and lack of moving players is a factor but not I’m not sure whether some of that is down to lack funds for new purchases.
Apart from Hendo, not sure whom else he would be loyal to that may have played a part. I can’t imagine he kept Naby around out of loyalty as he hasn’t done much.

Does that loyalty remain if he wouldv'e got the backing he wanted in previous transfers?

Let's face it he's had no choice but to stick with the likes of Matip Fab Hendo, who else is there?

It all kind of makes sense now. The people leaving like Ward and co.

I can't help thinking that the lack of resources relative to the competition means that everyone has to work so hard - from backroom staff to players, to make up this gap with smarts, and perfect moves, and amazingness on the field, that eventually it falls apart.

So how does it get fixed? Two midfielders this summer, two defenders? More midfielders next summer?

It's never as bad as you think - Hendo, Fabs, TAA and Matip need replacing this summer? Salah next summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom