• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

BYE BYE ROY!!!!!

Re: Bye roy

[quote author=SummerOnions link=topic=42120.msg1188372#msg1188372 date=1286204292]
[quote author=zlatan18 link=topic=42120.msg1187879#msg1187879 date=1286159400]
i was one of roys fans who said give him a chance, after tonight.. i take that back, he is fucking shit, clueless and will never get us back to where we should be! sack the cunt
[/quote]

So he's a cunt because he isn't very good? You're a shit poster, but i'm not calling you a cunt.
[/quote]

If Rafa's a fat waster/chancer after all he did for the club, cunt is very mild in my opinion. He's taking us into the Championship.

So how long has he got? Surely he's on his way. Not just results but the fact that he's clearly out of his depth. It doesn't help that he has zero self belief, and seems like a budgie in headlights.

I just realized there's ONLY 5 points between our spot and FORTH. If we delay, that gap will only become bigger. If we act now, and stop the rot, we can still turn the season around. I remember one season in the 80's when we were in the bottom three, and we turned the season around and finished near the top. Anyone help me with this..

We can still make the CL, but not if we have a manager that TALKS about FECKING relegation.

[quote author=localny link=topic=42120.msg1188446#msg1188446 date=1286208381]
I just realized there's ONLY 5 points between our spot and FORTH. If we delay, that gap will only become bigger. If we act now, and stop the rot, we can still turn the season around. I remember one season in the 80's when we were in the bottom three, and we turned the season around and finished near the top. Anyone help me with this..

We can still make the CL, but not if we have a manager that TALKS about FECKING relegation.
[/quote]

We haven't been in the bottom 3 (after 2 matches) for over 50 years

[quote author=Asbo link=topic=42120.msg1188450#msg1188450 date=1286208478]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember one season we went fairly now at the start, maybe not that low, but...

No there was a Season when United were about 12 points clear of us, and the Mirror had a 'Give them the title now' Headline, and we fucking beat them to the title, thats when we were good though

[quote author=localny link=topic=42120.msg1188456#msg1188456 date=1286208795]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I remember one season we went fairly now at the start, maybe not that low, but...
[/quote]

We were deep in the bottom half of the league for a while when Kenny himself first took over. The rest, as they say, is history.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=42120.msg1188472#msg1188472 date=1286209282]
[quote author=localny link=topic=42120.msg1188456#msg1188456 date=1286208795]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hmm, so the man would have been there before!

is there any disadvantages to having him come in?

Could he handle the hours? The Foreign players? The new regime of diet and training?

That would be my concern.

[/quote]

We were deep in the bottom half of the league for a while when Kenny himself first took over. The rest, as they say, is history.
[/quote]

Well its half five, and the Fucker hasn't resigned.

I'm well pissed off.

I might take up drink again tonight!

Never expected him to do so TBH. Either he's going to have to be sacked or we're going to have to put up with him.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=42120.msg1188374#msg1188374 date=1286204395]
[quote author=Brendan link=topic=42120.msg1187617#msg1187617 date=1286136474]
I've been down on Budgie since before he joined, but not even I thought we'd lose at home to fucking Blackpool
[/quote]

:eek:
[/quote]
I dont think anyone can doubt Brendan's passion and loyalty to the club ever again.
*salutes*

[quote author=KopKing link=topic=42120.msg1188388#msg1188388 date=1286205124]
[quote author=SummerOnions link=topic=42120.msg1188372#msg1188372 date=1286204292]
[quote author=zlatan18 link=topic=42120.msg1187879#msg1187879 date=1286159400]
i was one of roys fans who said give him a chance, after tonight.. i take that back, he is fucking shit, clueless and will never get us back to where we should be! sack the cunt
[/quote]

So he's a cunt because he isn't very good? You're a shit poster, but i'm not calling you a cunt.
[/quote]

If Rafa's a fat waster/chancer after all he did for the club, cunt is very mild in my opinion. He's taking us into the Championship.
[/quote]

I'm not saying Rafa should be called that either tbf.

whatever his failings, and he had many, he did a lot with this club, and our best manager since the 80's. He gave me some of my best moments as a Liverpool supporter as an adult.

Spectre of Kenny Dalglish lurks over Roy Hodgson at Liverpool

Roy Hodgson's position as the Liverpool manager is under great pressure following Sunday's defeat to Blackpool. Photograph: Matt West/Matt West / BPI

It is Saturday, 16 October, and the eve of the first Merseyside derby of the season. There is a collective hangover in the red half of the city in response to the Royal Bank of Scotland ending the toxic reign of Tom Hicks and George Gillett the previous day and Roy Hodgson is invited to meet Liverpool's ambitious and solvent new owners. This is all fantasy. He is asked why he should continue as Liverpool manager if his side lose at Goodison Park. This is not fantasy. This is the question legitimately being asked by Liverpool supporters right now.

The Kop's call for Kenny Dalglish towards the end of Sunday's defeat by Blackpool represented a seismic moment in Liverpool's history. A support that prides itself on patience and loyalty humiliated its manager after 14 matches in charge. This is a position treated with reverence at Anfield and has prompted outright revolt only once – against Graeme Souness – since Bill Shankly 'made the people happy'. There is no connection with Hodgson, and Hodgson has offered nothing to warrant the affections of Anfield. Quite the reverse in fact, and the tide may feel irreversible if Liverpool endure further misery at Everton.

Anfield was braced for its primal scream on Sunday. Three debt-laden years under Hicks and Gillett has created a trickle-down effect and protests are no longer confined to the streets outside the stadium or to American businessmen. That is not simply due to a series of pitiful performances, many Hodgson has defended, but because the 63-year-old is emblematic of the club's decline and has hardened suspicions that he was appointed by the managing director, Christian Purslow, for reasons of compliability. Or to "steady the ship", as the club's chairman Martin Broughton put it.

Liverpool spent £9m to change their manager this summer (agreeing a £6m pay-off with Rafael Benítez and paying £3m compensation to Fulham for Hodgson), a hefty sum for any club. For £9m you would expect improvement in the manager's chair but Purslow replaced a European Cup and La Liga winner with a man whose CV is more impressive for the destinations travelled than trophies lifted.

Whatever one thought of Benítez, and it is a personal view that he was moved to ease the torturous sale process, it is hard to disagree with his recent assessment of the Liverpool hierarchy. "The last year at Liverpool I had directors who knew nothing about football and you couldn't talk about football with them," he said.

At his unveiling on 1 July, Hodgson was asked if he had accepted an impossible job. He rejected the notion in an accomplished, refreshingly honest press conference that did not set the tone for subsequent performances. Eleven years after his last caretaker stint at Internazionale, and nine since his last silverware, a Danish league and cup double with Copenhagen, it was certainly true that he had been presented with a glorious managerial opportunity. And equally true that it is being squandered.

Negative tactics home and away, new signings looking out of their depth or played out of position (£5m Christian Poulsen and £11.7m Raul Meireles respectively) and poor individual contributions from the likes of Fernando Torres and Glen Johnson have not given the impression of a steady pair of hands. There have also been several PR errors of astonishing naivety. Dismissing the Spirit of Shankly and those whose love for Liverpool is now an exercise in protest and business studies as "a group of people" was one way of alienating the hardcore. Not a wise move when the majority of Liverpool supporters were ambivalent towards his appointment to begin with, and many view his reign as a short-term assignment en route to the England job in 2012.

Veiled criticism of Torres's form before the Blackpool game may have been justified but will not help his rapport with an increasingly disillusioned striker. Refusing to take his friend Sir Alex Ferguson to task on Torres after the recent defeat at Old Trafford, and giving the impression that what is good enough for Fulham should suffice at Liverpool, have also been noted.

In the background looms Dalglish, a club legend who was asked to consider the candidates to replace Benítez this summer, did so, and promptly submitted his own application. Purslow and Broughton rejected the chance to restore cohesion between the dug-out and the stands. The Kop's call on Sunday can be viewed as condemnation both of Hodgson's team and of the events surrounding his appointment. Dalglish is affordable and available, two qualities that surely deserve greater consideration by a board seeking to install new owners and who will not want the cost or embarrassment of another change. There is a Newcastle and Kevin Keegan messianic aspect to a Dalglish return at Anfield, who made it known during recent promotion for his latest autobiography that he "feels I've got a debt to repay".

Deep-rooted problems means there is no easy way back for Liverpool whoever is in charge. But for Hodgson to keep the spectre of Dalglish at bay and to deliver a convincing case for his employment under a new regime, he needs to deliver at Goodison in 13 days' time.

I don't think the on-field problems are much of a surprise but I'm astonished at Roy's 'handling' of the media and PR. He's making Benitez look like a lighthearted, affable, diplomat.

I thought Roy's media handling was expected to be one of his strong suits. Was this always untrue or is it just the pressure of expectation?

I don't understand why he comes across so absurdly out of his depth. He's managed Inter who are a similar stature club, surely he must understand he can't carry on giving answers to questions like he's managing Fulham? I know we're a bit shit these days but there should still be a mindset much different to that of Fulham etc.

old people find it hardest to change their mindset. even if you rearrange the furniture in their living room they become confused and disorientated. fuck knows what moving from west london to merseyside did to him

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=42120.msg1188579#msg1188579 date=1286217681]
Spectre of Kenny Dalglish lurks over Roy Hodgson at Liverpool

Roy Hodgson's position as the Liverpool manager is under great pressure following Sunday's defeat to Blackpool. Photograph: Matt West/Matt West / BPI

It is Saturday, 16 October, and the eve of the first Merseyside derby of the season. There is a collective hangover in the red half of the city in response to the Royal Bank of Scotland ending the toxic reign of Tom Hicks and George Gillett the previous day and Roy Hodgson is invited to meet Liverpool's ambitious and solvent new owners. This is all fantasy. He is asked why he should continue as Liverpool manager if his side lose at Goodison Park. This is not fantasy. This is the question legitimately being asked by Liverpool supporters right now.

The Kop's call for Kenny Dalglish towards the end of Sunday's defeat by Blackpool represented a seismic moment in Liverpool's history. A support that prides itself on patience and loyalty humiliated its manager after 14 matches in charge. This is a position treated with reverence at Anfield and has prompted outright revolt only once – against Graeme Souness – since Bill Shankly 'made the people happy'. There is no connection with Hodgson, and Hodgson has offered nothing to warrant the affections of Anfield. Quite the reverse in fact, and the tide may feel irreversible if Liverpool endure further misery at Everton.

Anfield was braced for its primal scream on Sunday. Three debt-laden years under Hicks and Gillett has created a trickle-down effect and protests are no longer confined to the streets outside the stadium or to American businessmen. That is not simply due to a series of pitiful performances, many Hodgson has defended, but because the 63-year-old is emblematic of the club's decline and has hardened suspicions that he was appointed by the managing director, Christian Purslow, for reasons of compliability. Or to "steady the ship", as the club's chairman Martin Broughton put it.

Liverpool spent £9m to change their manager this summer (agreeing a £6m pay-off with Rafael Benítez and paying £3m compensation to Fulham for Hodgson), a hefty sum for any club. For £9m you would expect improvement in the manager's chair but Purslow replaced a European Cup and La Liga winner with a man whose CV is more impressive for the destinations travelled than trophies lifted.

Whatever one thought of Benítez, and it is a personal view that he was moved to ease the torturous sale process, it is hard to disagree with his recent assessment of the Liverpool hierarchy. "The last year at Liverpool I had directors who knew nothing about football and you couldn't talk about football with them," he said.

At his unveiling on 1 July, Hodgson was asked if he had accepted an impossible job. He rejected the notion in an accomplished, refreshingly honest press conference that did not set the tone for subsequent performances. Eleven years after his last caretaker stint at Internazionale, and nine since his last silverware, a Danish league and cup double with Copenhagen, it was certainly true that he had been presented with a glorious managerial opportunity. And equally true that it is being squandered.

Negative tactics home and away, new signings looking out of their depth or played out of position (£5m Christian Poulsen and £11.7m Raul Meireles respectively) and poor individual contributions from the likes of Fernando Torres and Glen Johnson have not given the impression of a steady pair of hands. There have also been several PR errors of astonishing naivety. Dismissing the Spirit of Shankly and those whose love for Liverpool is now an exercise in protest and business studies as "a group of people" was one way of alienating the hardcore. Not a wise move when the majority of Liverpool supporters were ambivalent towards his appointment to begin with, and many view his reign as a short-term assignment en route to the England job in 2012.

Veiled criticism of Torres's form before the Blackpool game may have been justified but will not help his rapport with an increasingly disillusioned striker. Refusing to take his friend Sir Alex Ferguson to task on Torres after the recent defeat at Old Trafford, and giving the impression that what is good enough for Fulham should suffice at Liverpool, have also been noted.

In the background looms Dalglish, a club legend who was asked to consider the candidates to replace Benítez this summer, did so, and promptly submitted his own application. Purslow and Broughton rejected the chance to restore cohesion between the dug-out and the stands. The Kop's call on Sunday can be viewed as condemnation both of Hodgson's team and of the events surrounding his appointment. Dalglish is affordable and available, two qualities that surely deserve greater consideration by a board seeking to install new owners and who will not want the cost or embarrassment of another change. There is a Newcastle and Kevin Keegan messianic aspect to a Dalglish return at Anfield, who made it known during recent promotion for his latest autobiography that he "feels I've got a debt to repay".

Deep-rooted problems means there is no easy way back for Liverpool whoever is in charge. But for Hodgson to keep the spectre of Dalglish at bay and to deliver a convincing case for his employment under a new regime, he needs to deliver at Goodison in 13 days' time.

[/quote]

Once again the Guardian nails it!

[quote author=Halmeister link=topic=42120.msg1188791#msg1188791 date=1286241898]
Has he resigned yet?
[/quote]

unfortunetly not

[quote author=zlatan18 link=topic=42120.msg1188795#msg1188795 date=1286247768]
[quote author=Halmeister link=topic=42120.msg1188791#msg1188791 date=1286241898]
Has he resigned yet?
[/quote]

unfortunetly not
[/quote]'

Well at least he accept the responsibility. By doing just that!! Accepting it his responsibility, however the poor start leads to no other consequences than accepting it is his responsibility.... RESIGN FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!

I like that Keeny says he owes the club something. No ex player could owe less.

There is an interview quoted on the Norwegian fans site today were Roy is saying that it was even worse with Fulham and yabbing on about how it was worse to be third from bottom in round 37 and that is much worse than being there in round 7.

-The negative effect of being in the relagtion zone the next two weeks are not as bad as the effect of being there from round 18 to 36. It was worse with Fulham.

What exactly did he say to the board that ended up giving him the job????.

[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=42120.msg1188857#msg1188857 date=1286268083]
There is an interview quoted on the Norwegian fans site today were Roy is saying that it was even worse with Fulham and yabbing on about how it was worse to be third from bottom in round 37 and that is much worse than being there in round 7.

-The negative effect of being in the relagtion zone the next two weeks are not as bad as the effect of being there from round 18 to 36. It was worse with Fulham.

[/quote]

"I'll keep my gob shut and do what you say"

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=42120.msg1188862#msg1188862 date=1286268200]
[quote author=Insignificance link=topic=42120.msg1188857#msg1188857 date=1286268083]

[/quote]

"I'll keep my gob shut and do what you say"
[/quote]

Well about time he started to keep it shut!!! This is depressing shit.

Jesus fuccking Christ. I want to take him up the vets and have him finished off. It's the best for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom