• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

BYE BYE ROY!!!!!

Re: Bye roy

So, with this clause that can kick in if we get new owners, dead man walking? Only good news if you ask me. NESV are known for hiring managers that can develop young players, and we certainly know Budgie doesn't do that.

Broughton confirms Hodgson release clause

By Harry Harris, Football Correspondent

Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton has confirmed to ESPNsoccernet that the future of manager Roy Hodgson following a takeover is catered for in the provisions of his contract.

Prospective owners New England Sports Ventures (NESV), led by John W Henry, plans to sit down with Hodgson once the deal is complete to discuss his vision for Liverpool's future.

The men who own the Boston Red Sox have no immediate plans to install their own manager but Broughton was brutally honest about the situation Hodgson now faces, and how Hodgson entered into his Liverpool contract with his eyes wide open.

In an exclusive interview with ESPNsoccernet, Broughton revealed: "Roy knew when he signed up from Fulham that we were in the process of finding new owners, it was not a surprise to him. He was fully reconciled with the possibility there would be an ownership chance and the risk involved with that.

"But Roy is self confident and was, when he signed up, confident he was capable of doing the job at Liverpool. With that in mind provisions were made in Roy's contract to relate specifically to any change in ownership."

The 'break clause' in Hodgson's contract was revealed by ESPNsoccernet this week, although even then there were no hints that a change in manager was being planned immediately.

"I suggested that the clause relates to Hodgson being paid a full year's salary within 28 days should the new owners want to bring in their own manager," Broughton commented: "I don't have Roy's contract in front of me, so I can't comment on that, but it is something like that in his contract.

"But he came to the club knowing full well the circumstances and the risks attached to it."

Hodgson will have to prove himself to the new owners. Broughton added: "I would full expect Roy to continue as manager and there has been no indication to me to suggest otherwise. However, as we all know, at the end of the day, everything depends on results."

There has never been a more guaranteed parting of ways than Budgie and Liverpool

The only question is how soon. I'd suggest ideally immediately, because everyone knows - the media, the players, the fans, the board and Budgie himself - that he won't be in the job next season, so why wait?

However, they won't wait to jump in and swing the axe straight away, so we're stuck with the useless twat for at least a season, unless he is still bottom 3 by Xmas.

Evem the guarantees have become shitter this season

Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson is eager to spend big in January if the sale of the club to New England Sports Ventures goes through.

The Reds are confident that NESV, fronted by American businessman John Henry will have a £300million bid accepted by the board.

Current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett are determined to battle for control at Anfield after refusing to bow down.

Liverpool have made their worst start to a season for 57 years with only a single Premier League victory to date.

The Anfield outfit have taken just six points from their opening seven matches and have sunk into the bottom three.

However, the club are confident that if the deal were to be completed, Hodgson would have money to spend.

The former Fulham manger told Liverpoolfc.tv: "We know what we must do. We need new players and investment.

"These things have been the case since I arrived here and we have not had a chance to put it right.

"I ask for the fans' patience, trust and belief as we will get it right."

Hodgson admits he is ready 'to put things right' in the transfer market and is keen to bring in real quality, admitting the squad are weak in some areas.

"It is clear we need to strengthen in certain areas of the team and bring in more quality," he said.

"I can guarantee that at the end of the season we won't be sitting there at the bottom.

"Sometimes, even after a few games, people see you down there and are ready to pass out, but we're not panicking. There is a lot more to come.

"A couple of good performances and good wins will put us in a decent position for the season ahead."

http://www.teamtalk.com/liverpool/6433675/Roy-ready-to-spend-in-January-sales

[quote author=crump link=topic=42120.msg1188875#msg1188875 date=1286269906]
Jesus fuccking Christ. I want to take him up the vets and have him finished off. It's the best for everyone.
[/quote]

It's a kindness. Like a blind old incontinent sheepdog, he's had his day. Take him out to the barn with a double-barreled shot-gun and blow the mother away. And I'm only saying that because I'm so fond of him.

I'm not so sure Brendan, if we continue to perform the way we do then he won't last until X-mas. Even if we're 10th.

Would they trust Roy with 50 mill £ in january? Not likely.

We'd have every 30 year old has been in Scandinavian football in our squad though.

Hahahaha.
But it is really only a matter of time; he's totally lost the fans, and there's never a way back from that

[quote author=Brendan link=topic=42120.msg1192114#msg1192114 date=1286641905]
Hahahaha.
But it is really only a matter of time; he's totally lost the fans, and there's never a way back from that
[/quote]

i know it's an idea that's usually laughed off, but i've been wondering recently whether people in charge at clubs actually do read fans forums to get extra background on what the fans are feeling - they must have enough members nowadays to give a fairly good representation. surely it's not beyond reason that these prospective owners could have people researching fans' opinions, is it? surely that'd be valuable knowledge for an owner/director.

they'll have one hand on the axe if they do!

I'm sure some do, yeah. Most major brands track web-chatter very closely, and I'm not suggesting it's the same in sport, but the odd nose about and general search? Deffo.

Can we have the tag line "the voice of reds" on the site? That way roy, poulson, lucas, etc would be binned immediately

Definitely, I think it's common place these days and why not?

Regards the new owners, aren't they renowned for not being afraid to wield the axe? If things go well this week and they are in place, Roy is under MASSIVE pressure to succeed against the blueshite. I can't see us winning there (or anywhere) on current form.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=42120.msg1192121#msg1192121 date=1286643100]
Definitely, I think it's common place these days and why not?

Regards the new owners, aren't they renowned for not being afraid to wield the axe? If things go well this week and they are in place, Roy is under MASSIVE pressure to succeed against the blueshite. I can't see us winning there (or anywhere) on current form.
[/quote]

i think he's got a minimum 3 games, although i don't necessarily think he'll have to pull up trees to get a stay of execution. but, yep, generally i think there's every chance he'll be sacked by xmas.

Yeah, let's get an SEO expert in to get us shooting to the top of natural searches for
'Hodgson' or 'LIverpool' : Budgie is the worst manager in history

'Liverpool squad': 'Lucas is a cunt. Crapsen is the worst DM in world football'

I thought it was fucking madness to call for Rafas head and I think it's worse to call for Roys head so early and i knew in my bones that Blackpool were gonna turn us over. A bit of calm decorum is lacking here the last thing we need is to turn into a deluxe Newcastle.

Oh and ps I wanted Kenny.

It's shit and it hurts, harden the fuck up and stop bleating.

Lose against Everton and his position will be completely untenable.

If, by some miracle, we see a sudden upturn in results we should keep him until Christmas/end of the season, and make a decision from there

There's still a small chance he can turn it around, but I'm not very optimistic.

[quote author=mr_moo link=topic=42120.msg1186933#msg1186933 date=1286117836]
I didn't want him in the first place, I really would have preferred to have kept rafa. However, I didn't anticipate this kind of start under him. I wouldn't mind if we were playing flowing attacking football, but we're not. We are so slow it's untrue. And as for his tactics, best not go there!
[/quote]

I totally agree with you....

Kop fans survey spells doom for Hodgson

Published 23:00 09/10/10 By Brian McNally

Liverpool fans have delivered a massive thumbs down to Roy Hodgson just seven Premier League games into his Anfield tenure.

In an exclusive poll ­conducted by the Football Supporters Federation and Supporters Direct for the Sunday Mirror a staggering 81.9 per cent of the 1,767 Liverpool fans surveyed admitted they had written off the chances of Hodgson’s side winning a ­trophy this season.

And the widespread ­disenchantment with ­Hodgson is reflected in a majority of supporters – 59.9 per cent – ­declaring they have little or no faith in him.

Even though Hodgson’s backing is precariously low at a meagre 17.7 per cent there is huge belief among the fans that although they currently languish in the relegation zone their club will rally to beat the drop. That view is supported by 83.1 per cent.
Quantcast

During the recent embarrassing defeat by Blackpool a vocal section of Liverpool fans chanted for Kenny Dalglish. But backing for the Kop legend isn’t universal with his support running at only 22.4per cent.

There is mixed news from the poll for prospective buyer John Henry and his New England Sports Ventures group who have agreed a £300million deal to end the disastrous reign of fellow Americans Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

Only 28.8 per cent of fans are happy with ownership passing to another US-based owner, while the vast majority are cautious about the planned takeover.

A hefty 65.3 per cent are ­undecided against only 5.9 per cent who are opposed to further American ­involvement.

James McKenna, spokesperson of the Spirit of Shankly group who have vigorously opposed Hicks and Gillett, insists the vote shows Liverpool fans will judge any prospective buyer on their deeds rather than nationality.

McKenna said: “It shows that it’s not where you come from but what you deliver for Liverpool that counts.

“Liverpool fans are naturally cautious after the broken promises from Hicks and ­Gillett. New owners who run the club properly would give the club a massive boost.

“Right the wrongs of the current owners, and engage with supporters to address the concerns we have and they will get the full support of the fans.â€

McKenna has some sympathy for Hodgson’s plight believing he may have walked into a ­no-win situation.

McKenna added: “This summer, with everything that was going on, any manager was going to be taking on a difficult task.

“Any manager would find it difficult to work in these ­conditions, with his hands tied by the ­constraints and the ownership situation.

“Until the ­ownership is ­resolved I don’t see any queue of managers wanting the job.â€

But Graham Siggs, 30-plus years a season ticket holder, ­believes the first job for new owners must be to replace Hodgson, whose ­negative tactics he blames for this season’s slump.

Siggs said: “Roy Hodgson is out of his depth at Liverpool dealing with a big club and big players. He simply does not have the stature for this job. The first thing new owners must do is bring in a new ­manager as soon as possible.

“I don’t think we will go down but if Hodgson stays his tactics will mean we could be flirting around the ­relegation zone.

“A new owner and new ­manager and we could win the FA Cup or Europe League because we have enough good players.

“But I would only want Kenny ­Dalglish in as an interim ­manager.

“Long term we need a Guus Hiddink or another manager with a genuine pedigree on the world stage.â€

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-fans-have-written-off-their-season-and-have-little-or-no-faith-in-Roy-Hodgson-according-to-a-supporters-survey-article598113.html

and there you have it loads of fans want him out, now.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=42120.msg1192215#msg1192215 date=1286675679]
Lose against Everton and his position will be completely untenable.

If, by some miracle, we see a sudden upturn in results we should keep him until Christmas/end of the season, and make a decision from there

There's still a small chance he can turn it around, but I'm not very optimistic.

[/quote]

miracle is fine if i was a gullbile religious moron. how about we be specific. what exactly is hodgson going to change, given he isn't going to change any of his methods which he has said over and over again. so the same team, with the same methodology and tactics, then what are you basing an upturn in results on?

The ownership saga being sorted out.

Players rediscovering their form, etc.

It's not all down to Roy, and other factors could swing our way. Expecting us to climb up from the relegation zone with out squad is hardly asking for much.

torres is out of form. but the rest are just having their weaknesses exposed by the opposition like johnson, poulsen, lucas, etc. we need to adopt a different formation or a different team selection, or new tactics, those are the ways to stop us being exposed. roy has refused to do it. so what we're looking at now is that the oppostion will take pity and stop raping us. this is your miracle.

in any case he is the one that got us into the relegation zone. should we climb out of it that is hardly worthy of allowing him to keep his job. it's like saying if poulsen can stop giving the ball to the opposition its a turnaround and he should keep his place in midfield.

If we're gonna stick with a three man centre mid, I'd like to see Gerrard, Meireles and Shelvey given a go. Plenty of forward play there.

I agree, let's play Shelvey before our training staff beats the adventure out of him.

He's probably all hype, but since he's a new name to the club, and he isn't Lucas/Poulsen/Spearing, let's decide he's the new hope.

When the manager of Liverpool talks, just before the Merseyside derby, about getting out of trouble "if we can manage it", he damns himself then and there. Initially I wanted Roy given more time. Now I want him out - whatever the result today.

Back
Top Bottom