• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can Liverpool unlock riddle of the real life Oxymoron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately for Ox, the context in which he was signed is going to make it harder for fans to warm to him until things either get better or we sign some other players.

Not warming to him is one thing. Dismissing him definitively after literally a few DAYS is another thing. Whether I wanted a player or not, once he signs I want him to do well for the club, and try to keep hoping he will do well until it's really obvious there's no chance of significant improvement. I don't get the frenzied rush to consign any new player to the rubbish bin.

The season is long, he will get game time. The problem is not enough training sessions with games coming thick and fast at the moment.

Not warming to him is one thing. Dismissing him definitively after literally a few DAYS is another thing. Whether I wanted a player or not, once he signs I want him to do well for the club, and try to keep hoping he will do well until it's really obvious there's no chance of significant improvement. I don't get the frenzied rush to consign any new player to the rubbish bin.

It's all about how quickly you can predict someone is going to be Shit....that's how winning is done.

Lets cut the shit, he's been bollocks so far.

I really dont see a circumstance , injuries aside, where his contribution deviates from replacing Mane or Salah late on in matches. Hes the last thing our midfield needs and bar some mercurial rise in form, hes a mile off ousting any of the attacking players, irrespective of their form.

I hope and imagine he will prove to be a handy squad player come the end of the season, i doubt we will ever see a return on investment unless hes sold for as inflated sum as the one we paid. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

Lets cut the shit, he's been bollocks so far.

I really dont see a circumstance , injuries aside, where his contribution deviates from replacing Mane or Salah late on in matches. Hes the last thing our midfield needs and bar some mercurial rise in form, hes a mile off ousting any of the attacking players, irrespective of their form.

I hope and imagine he will prove to be a handy squad player come the end of the season, i doubt we will ever see a return on investment unless hes sold for as inflated sum as the one we paid. Hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.
I disagreed over the first line

He's not been bollocks. He started shite and he's warmed up to what's expected of him.

He will be a useful player for us

It's all about how quickly you can predict someone is going to be Shit....that's how winning is done.

What if you thought he was shit when he played for Arsenal, were fucking dismayed when he was first rumoured to be a target - ages before he joined - and was consistent in that opinion when he actually did join?

Reactions: HC
What if you thought he was shit when he played for Arsenal, were fucking dismayed when he was first rumoured to be a target - ages before he joined - and was consistent in that opinion when he actually did join?

Your describing me. I remain dismayed that our manager thought this was what we needed and was willing to spend that to get him.

Yeah, I didn't want him at all and not even at the much cheaper prices originally mooted. Now we have him I'm praying desperately that Klopp can unlock something in him. We've all seen flashes of exceptional play from him, but he still seems to have the consistency of a raw teenager rather than a seasoned international and premier league star. I've no idea and little confidence if that can be changed.

Yeah, I didn't want him at all and not even at the much cheaper prices originally mooted. Now we have him I'm praying desperately that Klopp can unlock something in him. We've all seen flashes of exceptional play from him, but he still seems to have the consistency of a raw teenager rather than a seasoned international and premier league star. I've no idea and little confidence if that can be changed.

His 3 latest cameos have been pretty good, not counting Spurs away obviously.
Klopp seems happy with how he has performed at Melwood and when he's been given the chance.
He'll probably start tonight, and I'm quietly optimistic that Klopp will develop him into a good player for us.

His 3 latest cameos have been pretty good, not counting Spurs away obviously.
Klopp seems happy with how he has performed at Melwood and when he's been given the chance.
He'll probably start tonight, and I'm quietly optimistic that Klopp will develop him into a good player for us.

I'm pretty certain he will start tonight too

Mind you, I said that about the Huddersfield game

I disagreed over the first line

He's not been bollocks. He started shite and he's warmed up to what's expected of him.

He will be a useful player for us
For some inexplicable reason I quite like him. I accept the fact that he was not what was required, was expensive, and doesn't make the starting XI if everyone is fit; but I still hold out hope for the lad. I think he's got good technique and pace, and with the number of fixtures we have, hold (some) hope he grows into the player we need when the top drawer players arent delivering.

I think everybody is a little mystified by the signing particularly given he's never really nailed down any position during his career so it's difficult to know what Klopp ultimately has in mind for him. That said he wasn't cheap so you would reasonably expect that he's not just a squad filler and that Klopp is introducing him slowly in order to temper expectations and let him learn the system.

I just can't ever see him being a high quality CM though, he's far too wasteful in possession and has limited range of passing.

His final ball was wank last night but i guess it was a promising performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom