• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

The Irish Conor

are we back?

Active
Well I know Macca was MOTM but this lad, what can you say - my MOTM today.

His energy and composure are his two best attributes, you don't need much more - oh except for skill, ambition and confidence.

So how will it work when TAA is fit? This lad is undroppable. RMF for Trent?

Congrats to Northern Ireland for realising his potential and capping him at 17. I'm sure Ireland (FAI) must have known about this former Gaelic footballer from Tyrone but lost out on this one unfortunately.
Wonder how he feels about standing to attention to God Save the King all the same, but sure he knew that when he made his debut.
Hope he has a great International career with NI.

Why would he play for Ireland?

To answer your question, no they can't work together unless one moves into midfield.

Trent is coming straight back in and Bradley will continue being his understudy.

Why would he play for Ireland?

To answer your question, no they can't work together unless one moves into midfield.

Trent is coming straight back in and Bradley will continue being his understudy.

Not so sure on that (trent straight back in).

Why would he play for Ireland? Because he's an Irish footballer born in Ireland with an Irish passport, who was brought up in Nationalist tradition.
What a stupid question.

Sometimes I wonder do people in GB get it at all....

But as above, I hope he has a great career with NI, who he played for underage.
Many have changed allegience, so fair play to hiom.

Don’t care which side of the border he represents, neither of them getting close to International honours anytime soon plus Internationals are a bit shit in general until we get into the knockout rounds.

Bradley should keep his place in the side on merit, been brilliant since he’s stepped in.

I always like when ‘nationalist’ footballers play for NI. It’s a sign that they don’t give a shite about politics and just want to play for the place they grew up.

@Modo isn’t from the UK though is he and how exactly do you know what passport he holds? Probably both just like loads of people.

Why would he play for Ireland? Because he's an Irish footballer born in Ireland with an Irish passport, who was brought up in Nationalist tradition.
What a stupid question.

First off, I'm not from GB.
Secondly, how would I know that he had a nationalist upbringing?

Your English is perfect to be fair, i can see why there’s that assumption. The fact you hate hendo should’ve been a big clue though 😂

Well I was the one who said he holds an Irish passport.
And I'd be 100% sure he does. But where he grew up - I'm hoping more people in NI say they're from there and not the UK or IRL.
Unfortunately when you play for NI, they play GSTK before your matches. Hardly inviting both communities into the fold would you say?

As I said above, if you're not Irish, you won't understand the nuances of being Catholic and living 5km from the border, yet singing the national anthem of a different counrtry.

I think you’re putting yourself in young Conor’s shoes there. But anyway i don’t care what passport he holds or which country he plays for, not even sure why this was brought up. He looks fantastic and i would be very wary of dropping him for Trent right now.

Oh, I just saw this answer apologies.

A small bit of searching would show the lad is from Co Tyrone, and played underage Gaelic football for his parish/village. There are even photos of himin an ROI jersey.
I work with a company who have factories and empolyees both sides of the border and I work with colleagues from both sides of the 'community' - tho very few of them give a flying fuk about politics or if you're Catholic or Protestant.

I just hope his presence in the NI team (who NO Cathoilc supports) brings a bit of perspective to some of the nutters who wve Union Jacks in Windsor Park

If you look at Henderson's liverpool career he had a couple of good seasons and the rest were shite. He's made a right cunt of himself when and since he left and when people mention him the same part of my brain reserved for Gareth Southgateyness starts working, showing me I've basically deleted him from Liverpool history in my brain. I'm glad I've managed to do that about the average footballing thick opportunist shiny arsed wanker.

I'm not English I'm scouse.

What a stupid question.

That’s a bit harsh, most people haven’t got a Fucking clue, even some people from GB. Nevermind the fact Modo is Swedish!
There are also a hell of a lot of GB people with Irish passports due to brexit.
He clearly loves playing for NI.

I just hope his presence in the NI team (who NO Cathoilc supports)
Why the fuck do you care so much? I fucking hate all this narrative around Irish players and who they'll turn out for? Also, can you provide the stats on zero catholics supporting NI?

FYI I can't stand the royals, the national anthem etc, I just can't stand the all the shite talk about who plays for who on an international level.

I hate when a young player takes an opportunity provided at youth levels (rice, grealish) at the expense of other kids and for a football association that’s not as wealthy as others - and then switches when another opportunity comes along for a more competitive country with more resources. It’s not about anything other than despising their self interested and cynical opportunism and the fact that some kids never got a chance to play for their country because it was taken by them. So I admire Bradley if he’s staying with NI because he’s recognizing the chances that that FA has given him in his life so far.

Well said gene. Never thought about it till now.

Wish Conor was playing for the republic but who gives a shite really. Both teams will qualify for a cup once in a blue mom. Doesn’t matter.

@are we back? Dial it back a bit Mate. There’s a lot of Irish in here and a lot of lads from the uk and Europe who are sound as a pound. Modo is one of them.

Give a little grace and once you spell something out people will get it. We don’t have a lot of rancour in here. It’s not like other fan sites - many of us are lifers who’ve been nattering together for nearly 20 years.

Oh, I just saw this answer apologies.

A small bit of searching would show the lad is from Co Tyrone, and played underage Gaelic football for his parish/village. There are even photos of himin an ROI jersey.
I work with a company who have factories and empolyees both sides of the border and I work with colleagues from both sides of the 'community' - tho very few of them give a flying fuk about politics or if you're Catholic or Protestant.

I just hope his presence in the NI team (who NO Cathoilc supports) brings a bit of perspective to some of the nutters who wve Union Jacks in Windsor Park
I know catholics who support NI. I do agree that NI should ditch GSTK.

Why the fuck do you care so much? I fucking hate all this narrative around Irish players and who they'll turn out for? Also, can you provide the stats on zero catholics supporting NI?

FYI I can't stand the royals, the national anthem etc, I just can't stand the all the shite talk about who plays for who on an international level.

Same happens in Scotland in regards to Rangers and Celtic.

Religion should never come into Football.

Back
Top Bottom