• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember where I read it but apparently there's a disagreement between Can and Klopp about where he should play. Can wants to be a defensive midfielder whereas Klopp thinks he is better further forward. The sort of underlying thought is that in a slower, less intense league he would be fine playing deeper but in England he doesn't have either the speed of thought or the pace to play in that role.

I suspect he'll look decent in Italy but I won't particularly miss the guy, especially with Fabinho and Keita coming in.

Hmmm, well, he's gone so fuck it.

As for speed of thought/ pace to play DM, is the suggestion that Klopp thought he could, but Can disagreed because he agreed he wasn't quick enough?

Makes no sense. Anyway, we've got Fabinho to play in that vital holding midfield role, so who cares.

I can't understand why someone would choose Juventus instead of us, really. Apart from money, obviously.

But his brain has never been his strongest asset anyway, the fucking tool.

If he doesn't want to play for us then so be it.

I can't understand why someone would choose Juventus instead of us, really. Apart from money, obviously.

Money, trophies, lifestyle, weather, and any number of other reasons to choose Juve over us.

You could make equally strong arguments to stay, of course.

I'm not sure he'd struggle to get larger wages from us, if that was the only issue. We could beat £85,000 a week easily. We were paying fucking Lucas that.

There was all that talk about release clauses and blah blah, but maybe he just fancied a change and also wanted to win the title in a league where there's no competition, like Germany.

My guess is his agent gets a massive wedge of the signing on fee and talks him into the transfer.

Hmmm, well, he's gone so fuck it.

As for speed of thought/ pace to play DM, is the suggestion that Klopp thought he could, but Can disagreed because he agreed he wasn't quick enough?

I think it was more that Klopp doesn't think Can can play there in the Premier League due to lack of attributes. But that may have fuck all to do with why he's leaving and as you rightly say who cares, really.

I honestly think he thought his card was marked. He played lots of games for Klopp but was never first on the team sheet, and he missed important games along the way. Injuries and lack of squad depth meant he played more games this year than he might have. With the likes of Keita coming in he may have considered he'd be pushed further to the periphery. I actually rate him, and I think he could have stayed and fought, and I'd have kept him ahead of Lallana for one, and possibly Gini too. But, he can jog on to Juve.

Really? Italian food, weather, women, culture, plus its driving/commute distance from the lakes.
They win trophies every single year, they compete in Europe every single year. Plus its not fucking England.

I can think of fuck all reasons for a professional footballer to pick Liverpool Football Club over Juventus

ive never posted my opinion of him on here, but i dont rate him highly. hes pedestrian, unfit and takes too many touches. there are moments when you think 'theres a real player here' but those moments occur with everyone at this top level.

i dont think hes developed much since day 1, and hes 24 now, he isnt a kid. he should have been the player we built a player around considering he was as good as he is now at 20, but players have gone beyond him and we have signed better ones. i arent fussed at all about him leaving. the only reason i wanted him fit for the final was purely for numbers.

Really? Italian food, weather, women, culture, plus its driving/commute distance from the lakes.
They win trophies every single year, they compete in Europe every single year. Plus its not fucking England.

I can think of fuck all reasons for a professional footballer to pick Liverpool Football Club over Juventus

Piemonte is a fantastic area.

He's still here ? Hurry up and fuck off you cunt.

As for the total apathy here regarding his 'Owenesque' departure ... doesn't that really tell you all you need to know about his so called 'quality' ?

For what it's worth I'll reiterate my stance; he was worth keeping as a squad player but no way as a starter and he'd even have to fight for a place on the bench because he wouldn't even be guaranteed that. You can bet your house he knew that too ... and that's why he's gone.

Last edited:
Money, trophies, lifestyle, weather, and any number of other reasons to choose Juve over us.

You could make equally strong arguments to stay, of course.

Weather? You been to Turin in winter? It's fucking brassic and fog-ridden for months.
His mrs wants to live there, and so he is moving there is what I heard.

Football is the only line of work where people seem to think that a person coming to the end of their contract and not signing another to then move to a new job is somehow traitorous.

Football is the only line of work where people seem to think that a person coming to the end of their contract and not signing another to then move to a new job is somehow traitorous.
It isn't that they do it .. it's that they lead on their club, fans and media with bollocks about 'nothing decided yet'. When actually they know 100% they are on their way and are just running down their contracts. I don't actually have any problem with a player moving on, even mid-contract, from the player's perspective, after all nobody could stop me moving if that's what I decided was best for my family and I. However just be honest about it (maybe he was with Klopp). It's of course horrible from a fan's perspective, selfish I know.

ive never posted my opinion of him on here, but i dont rate him highly. hes pedestrian, unfit and takes too many touches. there are moments when you think 'theres a real player here' but those moments occur with everyone at this top level.

i dont think hes developed much since day 1, and hes 24 now, he isnt a kid. he should have been the player we built a player around considering he was as good as he is now at 20, but players have gone beyond him and we have signed better ones. i arent fussed at all about him leaving. the only reason i wanted him fit for the final was purely for numbers.

Nah, he has gone from bit part player (the days where he was shuffling between playing at CB to not playing at all) when Klopp came, to a first teamer. He is the most played midfielder for the past 2 seasons until he got injured in Feb. His upturn in form/performance coincides with the team's.

You might not think much of him but saying he hasn't develop since day 1 is wide off the mark.

What a cunt. Im making chicken milanese for dinner tomorrow.

Nah, he has gone from bit part player (the days where he was shuffling between playing at CB to not playing at all) when Klopp came, to a first teamer. He is the most played midfielder for the past 2 seasons until he got injured in Feb. His upturn in form/performance coincides with the team's.

You might not think much of him but saying he hasn't develop since day 1 is wide off the mark.

thats all well and good, but milner spent a full season at full back, and henderson has been injured for half of that time, as has lallana. if we had a competend left back and the others remained fit, he would still have been bit-part. IMO of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom