• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol.

There is not one thing that Jordan Henderson does better than Emre Can. You're mental. Miller is class but again Emre is a better prospect but also a better player at present

I've always been a fan of can and think he's a beast on his day. But he is inconsistent and defensively he can be quite poor. But no doubt he's going to be a quality player within a couple of years. But players in his position aren't hard to replace. Hopefully fabinho is that man.

I don't get his belief that he's better suited to a defensive role. For me he's been most promising when playing a more progressive game. But the way he's left really stinks.

Reactions: HC
Theres seems a bit of revisionism to me about the lads ability.
I think hes a cracking player and will get better and better.
Im still hoping he does a massive U-turn and signs a new deal. I know, I KNOW.

If not I hope to fuck he goes overseas.
Also do we get some compensation for him as he was a yout-ish when we bought him?
Never rated him in Klopps system,

Takes too many touches, takes too long to release the ball and never does it at the pace required against defensive teams.

His injury record is poor and he thinks he's bigger than the club.

He can fuck right off.

For me another player who had all the physical attributes, but the intelligence to play how we needed him

Shame he's off, as he could be great.

Fuck off to juventus

Im genuinely suprised so many seem to not rate him.
Hes brilliant and young and will go on to be one of the best around.
He could be but for a team that has finished no higher than 4th since he's been here, he hasn't shown game changing abilities often enough. He's been steady but not brilliant consistently, he's going to have to step it up if he moves to Juventus, for sure...but with all that said yes he could be a world beater especially in Italy... But but i think he'll always have the lingering thoughts that he was never quite good enough to be world class in the premiership.

He's always been too slow on the turn. It's a liability in a high pressing side because teams can too easily get a run direct at the heart of our defence.

It's just the money that pisses me off - we're out £40m or so. The player - he's good, but not particularly suited to the PL imo.
Maybe he isn't suited to the fast, high intensity football that Klopp plays, maybe under different system he could be a lot better!

The fact that Dreamy rates Henderson more highly than Emre Can tells you all you need to know.

Madness.

The fact that Dreamy rates Henderson more highly than Emre Can tells you all you need to know.

Madness.

Would Can get in your midfield ahead of Fabinho, Keita or Fekir, though?

I get that he's a good player, I really do.

I just don't think he's top class. And I think ultimately we'd probably had to have replaced him anyway to challenge for the title.

Theres seems a bit of revisionism to me about the lads ability.
I think hes a cracking player and will get better and better.
Im still hoping he does a massive U-turn and signs a new deal. I know, I KNOW.

If not I hope to fuck he goes overseas.
Also do we get some compensation for him as he was a yout-ish when we bought him?

On his best day he is excellent but he is terribly inconsistent. He is frustrating in that sense as sometime it seems he could be a top player. You'd think he'd have found some sort of consistency in the space of 4 years. Like you I hope he stays but with the players coming in I don't think we will miss him too much.

I haven't seen keita play more than 20 mins of a European cup match and only slightly more of Fabinho against city a few seasons back. So I wouldn't automatically assume that either are better footballers in England than Can is, no.

Can is a seriously good footballer , he's going to make the italian league look like a right gaggle of cunts

N.b on Henderson he is the most average midfielder possible , captain 6/10 , which is fine for most clubs, I just don't believe he has ever ever been good enough to start for this side. He has no standout attributes , can isnt perfect but he's head and shoulders above Henderson in several attributes you look for in a midfielder

Madness.

Yep madness that I rate our captain better as than a grease ball who has done fuck all on a consistent basis since being here.

Swagging around one game in 10 isn't enough.

Captaincy has nothing to do with it, though. Neither has Can's hair .

I think on the whole Henderson is more effective for now but if I had to choose one to keep, I'd keep Can.

Can would have started ahead of any of our CL finals midfielders if fit. No question.

He's our best midfielder after Coutinho. He is easily worth 40m and up if he still has a contract with us.

Ox, Henderson, Milner are all better.

Gini is debatable but it depends on the roll you need him to play.

I prefer this one:

Dragon-Roll-New.jpg

The sandwich thread is petering out; it's time for a new food-related discussion.

Last edited:
Can would have started ahead of any of our CL finals midfielders if fit. No question.

He's our best midfielder after Coutinho. He is easily worth 40m and up if he still has a contract with us.

Is that true though? When klopp had them all fit can found himself warming the bench from what I recall.

On his best day he is excellent but he is terribly inconsistent. He is frustrating in that sense as sometime it seems he could be a top player. You'd think he'd have found some sort of consistency in the space of 4 years. Like you I hope he stays but with the players coming in I don't think we will miss him too much.

Yeah, I think this is fair. He's been gone for a while, so perhaps this outpouring of vitriol is to be expected, but he has certainly been a very regular starter under Klopp and he would have kept him.

That said, there is no doubt at all that while he can look imperious at his best, he does, as you say, have games where he looks well short of the quality you need and expect from a starting LFC central midfielder. I'd prefer he stayed than Wijnaldum, but there's no outstanding players in the midfield anyway, so it's hard to get too angry.

I can't remember where I read it but apparently there's a disagreement between Can and Klopp about where he should play. Can wants to be a defensive midfielder whereas Klopp thinks he is better further forward. The sort of underlying thought is that in a slower, less intense league he would be fine playing deeper but in England he doesn't have either the speed of thought or the pace to play in that role.

I suspect he'll look decent in Italy but I won't particularly miss the guy, especially with Fabinho and Keita coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom