• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Champions League Quarters

I'm surprised it wasn't given as if you only look at the goalkeeper, he does kick his leg towards Saka. But it is simulation, and i'm glad no pen was given.

I'm surprised it wasn't given as if you only look at the goalkeeper, he does kick his leg towards Saka. But it is simulation, and i'm glad no pen was given.
This is what I'm trying to say, I don't think it was a pen, but I don't think it was a dive either. He didn't need to do it, as if he'd tried to get out the way, he couldn't and it would have been a pen anyway.

His standing still when Saka kicks out. Thats why I think its a dive.

The only annoying thing about Arsenal still having one eye on the second leg, is that they play Villa on Sunday which should be a tough game in theory... but Villa play their own European knock out game tomorrow night... so they will possibly have even more focus on Europe and some tired legs.

Anyway, let's hope they (Arsenal) rotate and get the Ollie Watkins treatment.
I think it's Wolves away after the second leg. That could be tough game to a win if that second leg is hard going

Lewa completely missed that too. Gotta score that. He's also go with worse with age like our Mo.

Can’t stand them.
Yeah was thinking the same.

PSG, and Barca, Enough said
Arsenal, City, Madrid, Nah thanks

Bayern in Europe (don't mind), as they are underdogs. Don't like BundesL Bayern.

AM - don't mind - Wanker-ish but Working class so
Dortmund - favorite Euro team for ob reasons.

Pedri is levels. What a goal by Barca.

Pedri with a Alexis Mac esque ball, and a lovely cushioned side foot volley by Raphinha.

Favourite quote from the reports :

Faced with this sustained aggression Barcelona’s entire defensive structure had simply dissolved like an over-dunked digestive biscuit.

Favourite quote from the reports :

Faced with this sustained aggression Barcelona’s entire defensive structure had simply dissolved like an over-dunked digestive biscuit.
Sustained aggression which lasted all of 5mins. Barca be like “who laughing now mother fucker”

Looks like an all-Spanish semi-final in the 2nd bracket.
Not sure. Entirely depends how Dortmund do at home, as that late goal was certainly a lifeline

The Barca psg game could be another high scoring madness

You can want to win the league and not want 1 of the other clubs in this country to not win/progress in other competitions Froggy. Just look at Arsenal last season after getting knocked out by Sporting, very much still in the title hunt then fell away. There really is no bearing.

I'd rather an English team not get the final

Perhaps Madrid can beat city, arsenal progress, the Madrid beat arsenal

Based on nothing at all, I would suspect that City would shrug off going out more than Arsenal would.

Arsenal are possibly more reliant on momentum, and a win in Munich is gonna send their confidence even higher.

With that in mind, I'd like Arsenal to lose and City can go out in the semis or lose in the final.

It should go without saying that either of them actually winning it is intolerable.

Based on nothing at all, I would suspect that City would shrug off going out more than Arsenal would.

Arsenal are possibly more reliant on momentum, and a win in Munich is gonna send their confidence even higher.

With that in mind, I'd like Arsenal to lose and City can go out in the semis or lose in the final.

It should go without saying that either of them actually winning it is intolerable.
I'm happy with either of our outcomes. My logic was city still had the FA Cup to (mildly) distract and get injured in

You can want to win the league and not want 1 of the other clubs in this country to not win/progress in other competitions Froggy. Just look at Arsenal last season after getting knocked out by Sporting, very much still in the title hunt then fell away. There really is no bearing.
Do Arsenal get a point deduction in the league if they progress in Europe?
Of course ideally they both go out and we still win the league. However you don't need to a genius to recognise that the longer they continue in the CL the higher the probability of them dropping points in the PL due to fatigue /injuries.

So an Arse vs City semi with Atletico turning the winner over in the CL final is a better scenario as far as our PL chances go. And imagine Pep / Arteta's face when we lift the PL trophy before their CL final and then when the CL final whistle blows.

Not having that at all. I don't care about xDroppedpoints or whatever but I really really enjoy seeing our rivals lose

Not having that at all. I don't care about xDroppedpoints or whatever but I really really enjoy seeing our rivals lose
Personally I don't give a shit but want us to win at all costs. To each their own if rivals losing gives you jollies potentially at the team's expense.

Back
Top Bottom